C25K started January 10th

Options

Replies

• izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I did my first 5k on January 6th (Biggest Loser Run/Walk) and my second one on January 13th. I am not able to run due to a bad knee that has already had 3 surgeries on (and will eventually need replacement), so I walk it. I am averaging an 18 min mile and bettered my time in the second one by 9 seconds. I am looking for a 3rd one in February. I found one that is an off-road one with "optional' obstacles (another Biggest Loser one just south of where I live). I am working on training a bit more specifically for that one.

I encourage anyone who is not able to run to consider walking it...there are quite a few that are run/walk type of events. My only goals.... 1- finish without injury and 2- try to get in under an hour. I succeeded with both :)
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3
    time - 30 mins
    distance - 3 Km
    Jogging - 8 min
  • umer76
    Options
    I have to adjust my routine to Week 6 Day 1 level. Today I found out I can do much more than what I anticipated:)

Week 6 Day 1
    time - 31 mins
    distance - 3.7 Km
    Jogging - 18 min
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What is the treadmill version?

I googled the couch to 5k and found a website that showed how many minutes to walk/job on the treadmill. I started my 2nd week today. I'm going pretty slow right now. I've never ever been a runner and by never ever I mean NEVER! Not even when I was younger. With week one, I did the work out 3 times (every other day, Fr/Su/Tu). The two days between the first week and the second week (W/Th), I did the week one workout, only I increased the speed of my running by .2. I went from 3.5 to 3.7. Again, I know I'm not a speed demon, but it is working for me! Hopefully by the time I can actually run outside (when it is warmer and it is actually daylight after work) I will be able to "run"!

http://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 on Monday but then got really sick and haven't been able to pick it up again since then. I hope to be able to start again soon, I think this cold is finally starting to go away.
  • umer76
    Options
    Hope you can start again. It is very motivating program!
  • umer76
    Options
    Week 6 Day 2

Time - 33 mins
    Distance - 3.18 Km
    Jogging - 18 min
  • TinaBoBeana
    Options
    Hi.

Just want to wish everyone luck. I'll be starting my C25K next week.
  • umer76
    Options
    Hi.

Just want to wish everyone luck. I'll be starting my C25K next week.
    Great and will be great if you share your progress in this thread:)
  • umer76
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 Done!

Time - 33 mins
    Distance - 3.18 Km
    Jogging - 18 min

I think so that my speed is quite slow for now. But I am quite okay with it. It is the couch potato who is running not Mr Bolt:)
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    It took me a while, but I did week 2, day 1 tonight.

30 mins
    Just over 2 miles

It feels good to get running again after being sick last week.
  • umer76
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 Repeated

Time - 33 mins
    Distance - 3.3Km
    Jogging - 18 min
    Jog distance - 2Km
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    Week 3 - Day 1 - I actually 'ran' for 3 minutes, 2 times and 1 1/2 minutes, 2 times. I'm only going 3.7 on the treadmill - but this is the most I have run EVER! I'm slowing increasing my speed. I'm going to get there!!
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    Way to go everyone!

Week 2 day 2 yesterday - added and extra 10 minutes because of extra stress at work. It felt good to run it out rather than eat it like I normally would.

40 minutes
    Alternated running 2 mins, walking 2 minutes
  • umer76
    Options
    Week 3 - Day 1 - I actually 'ran' for 3 minutes, 2 times and 1 1/2 minutes, 2 times. I'm only going 3.7 on the treadmill - but this is the most I have run EVER! I'm slowing increasing my speed. I'm going to get there!!
    Great effort! This is what C25K is for. Keep doing it and in matter of days you will see you can actually RUN! I fel the same thing. I only started on 10th of Jan and doing 3 km jog. No matter how much I have to drag myself but I am doing it:happy:
  • umer76
    Options
    Way to go everyone!

Week 2 day 2 yesterday - added and extra 10 minutes because of extra stress at work. It felt good to run it out rather than eat it like I normally would.

40 minutes
    Alternated running 2 mins, walking 2 minutes

Running really refreshes you. Isnt it great feeling to run out the work stress!
  • umer76
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 Repeated

Time - 33 mins
    Distance - 3.1Km
    Jogging - 15 min
    Jog distance - 1.75Km

For some reason my graph is going down, not able to jog the distance that I wanted.
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3 Repeated

Time - 33 mins
    Distance - 3.1Km
    Jogging - 15 min
    Jog distance - 1.75Km

For some reason my graph is going down, not able to jog the distance that I wanted.

I have those days too - sometimes I think it's due to not drinking enough water the day before, sometimes I just feel sluggish (probably from eating crappy that day or the day before) and sometimes I think my body is just telling me to do something else and take a break from running for a day or two. And sometimes I just slow my pace a smidge and make myself go longer not faster.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure you'll overcome it and keep making awesome progress. You're doing great and I am inspired by your dedication.
  • umer76
    Options
    Yesterday it was snowing and slippery. I have pain in both my knees due to that. I guess I will atleast not do jogging for next 3 days. This will allow some rest to my knees and plus the snowy weather will hopefully be over by then. It was quite difficult and I think breathing is also not easy in damp conditions. Too many issues:sad:
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    I just signed up for my first 5k. It is April 7th - I have 69 days to get ready! I'm excited and scared to death!!