C25K started January 10th

Options

Replies

• littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a 5K on April 6th!

I went for a 2 mile walk/run today. It wasn't an official C25K training, but I did alternate walking and running (as much as my puppy would allow). School started today, which means I get to work at 8 and get home from school at 10 pm, twice a week. The next 16 weeks are going to be rough.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    GSAllumbaugh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 1 this morning. I'm only covering about 1.5 miles, but I know I'll get there as time goes on. "Running" for 5 minutes, 2 times is my all-time record! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1

Time - 33 mins
    Distance - 3.1Km
    Jogging - 12 min
    Jog distance - 1.4Km

For some reason my graph is going down, not able to jog the distance that I wanted.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Finally back to running.
    Week 3 day 2 repeated after a failed week 5 day 3. I just decided to go back since I haven't run in almost 2 months. Felt easy, but better start slow and move forward.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    Just finished week 4, day 3...I look ahead to week 5 and I'll be honest, it scares the hell out of me! I'm going to stick with it and if I have to repeat a week, that's okay! I still have my focus of my 5K on April 7th!
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I was able to squeeze in 30 minutes today. I think technically I'm on week 2 day 3. So .... slow and steady.
  • gnoccola
    Options
    Week 3 completef. I also threw in an extra run at the end.
    Ready for week 4.
  • umer76
    Options
    Keep going you guys. I have to take rest from running as I am having pain in my knees. Advise from everyone is resting is the best policy. Otherwise I would love continue my running:ohwell:
  • gnoccola
    Options
    Week 4 day 1 done. Kind of hard doing the 6 minuts given that the longest in week 3 was only 2 minutes.
    But it is doable. Trying to do day 2 tomorrow.
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    Today I 'ran' for 20 minutes. I never thought I would be able to do this. I know it's going to be different once I am able to get outside. We will see how week 6 goes....
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I'm not doing so well with my training. I've mostly been walking my dog, and he doesn't like to run, he wants to sniff trees. But I am determined to get to the gym at least three times this week to complete week 3.

Thanks for this thread, because its giving me the motivation to keep going. And even if I have a bad week, I know I can get back up and start again.
  • umer76
    Options
    Today I 'ran' for 20 minutes. I never thought I would be able to do this. I know it's going to be different once I am able to get outside. We will see how week 6 goes....

It feels great to run longer than expected. I was the doing the same but now I have knee pain in both knees. I have been resting for 2 weeks now. I only went to the gym yesterday and used elliptical and it was not that bad. For now I will do C25k on the elliptical. I think it should be okay. If I run I will hurt the knees again.

From my experience I would advise you, not to run more than 20 minutes. Keep it between 10-20 minutes atleast in this month. So when your legs get used to this much running then you can increase. What I did wrong was to starting running for 36 minutes and now facing the consequences.
  • umer76
    Options
    I'm not doing so well with my training. I've mostly been walking my dog, and he doesn't like to run, he wants to sniff trees. But I am determined to get to the gym at least three times this week to complete week 3.

Thanks for this thread, because its giving me the motivation to keep going. And even if I have a bad week, I know I can get back up and start again.

Good, I will do the same and use elliptical in the gym. Keep trying and you will see how quickly you can jump from week 3 to week 6:)
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    I made it!! Today I did week 4 day 1. I am technically only on week 3, but decided (thanks to encouragement) to bump it up a week and see if I can handle it - turns out, I could!!

My goal is to get two more days of running in: Wednesday and Thursday
  • GSAllumbaugh
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I'll keep you all posted! The encouragement helps more than you know!!

It feels great to run longer than expected. I was the doing the same but now I have knee pain in both knees. I have been resting for 2 weeks now. I only went to the gym yesterday and used elliptical and it was not that bad. For now I will do C25k on the elliptical. I think it should be okay. If I run I will hurt the knees again.

From my experience I would advise you, not to run more than 20 minutes. Keep it between 10-20 minutes atleast in this month. So when your legs get used to this much running then you can increase. What I did wrong was to starting running for 36 minutes and now facing the consequences.
  • gnoccola
    Options
    Week 4 day 2 done.
  • umer76
    Options
    Well done both of you! Looks like momentum is going your way, keep it up:)
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to the group and I am on week 5 day 2 today! It feels great to be running again. Feel free to add me for more support!
  • littlemzkitty
    Options
    Got in another day! Week 4, day 2. Might need new shoes, I had a bit of pain in my shins while running today.
  • gnoccola
    Options
    Week 5 day 1 completed. Walked 15 miles the same day. Today I gave it a rest, my legs are in pain. :)