New Year... new 30DS cycle: Valentine's 30DS

LovingKay
LovingKay Posts: 47 Member
Hey All! I am posting to see if I have some friends to join me in a 30DS from Monday Jan 14 through Feb 13 to get fit for Valentine's Day! What a great way to celebrate love... for ourselves and fitness! So, Let's post our starting weight and measurements (whatever you would like to measure) and begin. There are no "have to's" or how many times a week to hang out with Jillian... Just set your plan -- post it -- check in weekly, or more if you need support ore less and with final results on Feb 13th! Give it your all. I am. I hope others join me. February 14 is my one year anniversary in my weightloss journey.

Replies

• phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Hi Klworrell,
    I'm up for the challenge! I actually started Level 1 day 1 today and came across your post this evening but I'd love to have friends to do the workouts with (even if I am one day ahead!) I initially tried doing insanity workouts but found them really tough and my body was completely sore for days so I thought I'd try the 30 day shred first.
  • LovingKay
    That is so great! I'd love to have the support. Yep, Insanity is a beast. Okay... so I am starting today. I weighed in but left my info at home on the table. So I will log it in this evening after I have fun with Jillian. How was last night's workout? Are you doing okay today?
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Haha I had just woken up this morning with my plan of doing the 30DS in time for valentines day, had a search on here and here it is! I'm so in! I will take measurements and weight tomorrow but today is day 1!
  • phreekles
    Yay! More support the better! I just did day 2 and I'm feeling sore! I don't have any hand weights yet so I did the workout with a melon and a bag of rice and most of the rice ended up on the floor! Lol. Will buy some proper weights tonight I think. I have posted.my starting measurements on my profile mostly for me to remember them.
  • madisons_mummy
    Hahahah funny!

I use soup tins to start off with. I felt quite sick afterwards. Will teach me not to stick with things lol
  • LovingKay
    The more the merrier!
    Oh no... not rice all over the floor!!! LOL! I too used soup cans at first. Since I am starting over... it has been months... I did it free hand tonight. I am going to get my soup cans out and build myself back up to my weights! So, we are off to a great start! Have a great night all!!! Valentine's Success... Period!!!
  • kellegg22
    kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
    I had this same idea! Started 30DS yesterday, the 14th, planning to finish by Valentine's Day :)
  • madisons_mummy
    Yay more people!

Day 2 done and dusted. Was a bit ouchies but wasn't as hard as yesterdays first day
  • LovingKay
    So awesome to have people still joining! I took today off. My achilles was a little sore so I gave it a rest. Those jump rope things hurt. So while I rebuild my strength, I went to spin class and worked out on the elliptical. Back on with Jill in the morning! Have a great evening everyone!:happy:
  • LovingKay
    Good morning all! I forgot it was trash day! So I was running around this morning getting the trash out and missed my AM workout!. So, this afternoon me and my girl Jillian are going to Shred! LOL Have a great day! Does anyone have plans for this Valentines that is motivating the 30DS? I guess I'll start. Aside from wanting to loose the weight I gained over the holidays - and more if possible, I want to wear some super hot dress... I've yet to buy. I am going shopping at the end of the month.
  • madisons_mummy
    Aw lucky! I don't think I'll look any good (or how I want to) in a dress by Valentines day. Me and DH are going out for dinner and I'm getting my ring finger tattooed with our wedding date in roman numerals and "Endless Love" on the sides. Can't Wait!

Right time to go do day 3. I'm also doing the 200 squat challenge :D My muscles are dying lol
  • LovingKay
    Aw lucky! I don't think I'll look any good (or how I want to) in a dress by Valentines day. Me and DH are going out for dinner and I'm getting my ring finger tattooed with our wedding date in roman numerals and "Endless Love" on the sides. Can't Wait!

Right time to go do day 3. I'm also doing the 200 squat challenge :D My muscles are dying lol

I am NOWHERE near where I want to be...but I love -as I release - my juicy and my curves into the evolution of my inner rock hard diva emerging! Less jiggle when I giggle... IJS! LOL I am a tattoo virgin and I so want one but can't decide...Your story is romantic!
    So, you are doing Jillian and 200 Squats... OMGoodness! GoFit or GoHome! I will try a squat or two...but 200 is it a day?!?!. I am not there yet! :noway:
  • madisons_mummy

I am NOWHERE near where I want to be...but I love -as I release - my juicy and my curves into the evolution of my inner rock hard diva emerging! Less jiggle when I giggle... IJS! LOL I am a tattoo virgin and I so want one but can't decide...Your story is romantic!
    So, you are doing Jillian and 200 Squats... OMGoodness! GoFit or GoHome! I will try a squat or two...but 200 is it a day?!?!. I am not there yet! :noway:

Hahaha nah, you don't start at 200. You work your way up to it :) You do an intital test so you know which program to follow. I managed 30, could of pushed out more but my thighs were so sore after starting 30DS lol.

Heres the link to it :)http://www.twohundredsquats.com/

I'll be doing it a bit diff because I have a app on my phone, it's not the one associated with 200 squats but it's the same sort of thing :D

I thought its a great addition to the 30DS seeing as my thighs and butt are my problem area :(

I'd get a small tat to start with :)

Right today is day 4...only 6 more days of level 1 left :D
  • LovingKay
    See I needed Squats 101. I thought that you were doind squats throughout the day... That reveals that I have never tried to do more than I see on an exercise video. LOL I will check out the site and give it my best! **humming -I don't think ya ready for this jelly. LOL song-Bootylicious** Goofy Friday on deck!
  • madisons_mummy
    Hahaha :P

I'm still not sure how much calories I should be eating. What's everyone elses goal? I had mine at 1200 but I think that's too low so I bumped them up to 1600 which I think is too high lol
  • phreekles
    i've been trying to aim for 1200. Do you know how many calories you burn during the level 1 30 day shred workouts? i don't have a heart monitor so i'm not sure how many cals i'm burning so i cant calculate how many exercise calories to eat back. however, i really don't feel like i'm sweating/burning too many calories while i'm doing the workout (maybe 100 calories or so).
  • madisons_mummy
    Yeah I think I might stay to 1200-1400. I did actually measure it once (I have a heart rate monitor). I think it was almost 200 cals? I'll put it on today when I do day 7 :D
  • phreekles
    Thanks madisons_mumm that would be really helpful!
  • phreekles
    If during the day I have added exercise calories I generally aim to eat back half of them but will make sure they are fresh fruit or veg (I love fruit and find that my fruit consumption takes me over my daily sugar allowance so eating back exercise calories in fruit is sort of like a treat for me)
  • madisons_mummy
    Argh sorry I was in a super rush this morning doing the 30DS and bloody kids being naughty lol. Didn't have time to look for the watch! I will deff do it tomorrow if I can find it. I know with level 2 I was burning approx 280 though (have it in notes from last year) :)