New Year... new 30DS cycle: Valentine's 30DS

Replies

• madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    If during the day I have added exercise calories I generally aim to eat back half of them but will make sure they are fresh fruit or veg (I love fruit and find that my fruit consumption takes me over my daily sugar allowance so eating back exercise calories in fruit is sort of like a treat for me)

I don't bother to put my exercise calories in because it always tells me off lol. I've decided to try out 1600 cals max. So I'll be happy between 1200-1600 cals :D
  • madisons_mummy
    How is everyone doing? Level 1 calories burnt for me was 191 right from start to finish :) 2 more days of level 1 then onto level 2 :D
  • phreekles
    phreekles Posts: 216 Member
    Nice! That's a better burn than I expecte
  • phreekles
    I've also got two more days left ( I had a rest day on Friday)
  • madisons_mummy
    Oh sweet!

Feel like I'm coming down with something :( hopefully not. Will keep going though!
  • madisons_mummy
    Daughters 2nd Birthday on Saturday. Do you think it'd be ok if I had cake, cupcakes etc? lol...I do say it's "gave birth day" LOL
  • phreekles
    Of course! I think you need treats now and then just to keep sane! It's my brother' wedding tomorrow so I will be getting a fancy calorific meal and hopefully wedding cake too - but i feel I deserve it after completing 30DS level 1 :)
  • madisons_mummy
    Yeah that's true. I hope your brother has an awesome day!

I felt fatty last night before going to sleep and I still feel fat ugh, don't you hate those feelings :(
  • madisons_mummy
    Hows everyone going? Gone all quiet in here

Hope you haven't given up

God I hate level 2 lol. Only 5 more days of it though!

I have eaten naughty because of Daughters 2nd B'day. Back on track today though :)
  • phreekles
    hope your daughter had a lovely birthday too! sorry, i've just come back home from wedding celebrations - haven't even started level 2 yet but will be starting it today. i didn't overindulge on the food too much but drank A LOT of wine and champagne : /
    back to being good today though!
  • madisons_mummy
    hah all good! Hope your brother had a brilliant day!

I'm not a big drinker but we do have some home brew bourbon, will have to be very careful with it lol. I so over ate on her B'day, and even had fish and chips for dinner that night, naughty!

Anyway all has been back to normal since Monday :) I've even uped my calories to 1750 to see how it goes.

Also rethinking doing insanity and if I could even possibly do it. Might have to do ripped in 30 instead and then maybe insanity?

It's also to do with how much time I have in the morning to do it with crazy kids lol. I'm sure I'll make something work :D
  • phreekles
    A cheat day isn't so bad you deserve it once in a while! Homemade bourbon sounds delish! How are you finding level 2? I just started it yesterday and it was a KILLER! I tried insanity a few weeks ago and it was super hard so I though I'd try 30 day shred first and I plan to do insanity after finishing 30ds.
  • Jem411
    Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
    I would like to join the challenge!! I technically started Jan 18th but close enough? I skipped Level 1 (had been doing the Shred off and on in my weekly workout routine) and have decided to do Level 2 for 15 days then Level 3 for the remainder. I think I will go for 2 rounds as well...

Oh and I am currently on Day 10 (took 2 days off so far, darn it). I am also adding in some circuit training during the week. I would like to be down a size after round 1 (wishful thinking?).
  • madisons_mummy
    I had finally gotten used to level 2 and then I go and get myself badly sunburnt with heat stroke. So so pissed at myself! So I've missed today (still going to count it though as I want to be finished by valentines day) and probably tomorrow, might try it tomorrow night. I got insanity and it doesn't look tooooo bad lol.

Oh bourbon is so good :D

I think going down a size after 30 days is doable Jem :)
  • phreekles
    Sunburn - ouch! One of the few benefits of living in the uk....I don't think I'll ever get used to level 2, for the first time my body was aching this morning :( I do intermittent fasting twice a week and today was my fast day and I find I severely lack the energy to do everything that needs to get done, take the dog for a walk, and do the evil level 2 work out so I'm gonna treat it as a rest day too!
  • phreekles
    Also feeling a little discouraged as I feel if anything my belly is getting bigger! I read somewhere that after two weeks of a workout programme you start to bulk out a bit and then you gradually slim down - but I am not enjoying this phase whatever it is.
  • madisons_mummy
    Oh really? I hope not lol.

My stomach is all swollen anyway from the sunburn but I've noticed my *kitten* looks better and my lower back. My pants keep feeling like they are going to fall down at the back but that's it. I want my thighs to go down dammit!

I weighed myself a week ago and I'd put on 1.5 or so kgs (TOM) and I've lost approx 700 grams but I'm still miffed I haven't lost all of it and just hoping it's water retention from the sunburn lol.

It's been good not weighing myself every day though :)

Because I can't do the workout ATM I have been doing some heavy weights :)

Keep up the good work!
  • phreekles
    Nice it feels great when you notice your body getting more toned - my belly has started to go down now and I'm starting to see more definition in it too. I nearly gave up ( had a 3 day break from 30ds) but since feeling guilty about it I started back to level 2 yesterday and plan to keep at it everyday!

For sure your body will be retaining water like crazy - from the sunburn and the muscle soreness from working out. During the next week or so you'll probably notice a big drop in weight on the scales. Make sure to use some aloe Vera on your skin and keep drinking lots of water, you'll be healing in no time : )
  • madisons_mummy
    Going from your ticker you are doing great!

Yeah I've added the 4 days I took off because of the burn onto it so I finish Level 2 tomorrow then start level 3 on Friday :) Never actually done any of level 3, always find excuses but not this time!

I've dropped a couple more 100 grams but nothing worth noting :(
  • madisons_mummy
    1st day of level 3 today...yay finally! lol. Seems like it's taken forever. 10 more days of DS then I will attempt Insanity :D