A1c Results, 4 months after Dx, type 2

Options
2»

Replies

• Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    do you mind sharing some info with me about the diet.Like what do you eat mainly and what do you avoid? Also what is the book called??

Absolutely. The book is called, 'The Diabetes Solution' by Dr. Richard Bernstein. I'll message you with the rest as it is lengthy.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Bree, thanks for sharing your very impressive story. Such an amazing accomplishment you've made for yourself, bringing your numbers down in such a short period of time. Not to mention your weight loss success (well yes. I will mention it!) Wow.

I've been reading past discussions here this afternoon wanting to get familiar with the other contributors here, as I'm new this group, although I'm not new to type 2 diabetes. Although we don't know each other, I wanted to send my sincere appreciation to you for sharing your success story. Your a great role model for me and to anyone new to this condtion or struggling with it.

After reading your thread and others responses, I know you'll get to where you want to be.

I wish you continued success.

Bob
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bree, thanks for sharing your very impressive story. Such an amazing accomplishment you've made for yourself, bringing your numbers down in such a short period of time. Not to mention your weight loss success (well yes. I will mention it!) Wow.

I've been reading past discussions here this afternoon wanting to get familiar with the other contributors here, as I'm new this group, although I'm not new to type 2 diabetes. Although we don't know each other, I wanted to send my sincere appreciation to you for sharing your success story. Your a great role model for me and to anyone new to this condtion or struggling with it.

After reading your thread and others responses, I know you'll get to where you want to be.

I wish you continued success.

Bob

Bob, I truly appreciate that. I'm tenacious because I have to be; this disease has killed in the most horrible fashion many of my family members I was very close to. Still, I am by no means an expert. I'm still a baby, very new to this. I was fortunate to have stumbled upon people who were able to direct me to the above resources, and even more fortunate to have followed them. Had I listened to conventional wisdom, I am uncertain as to whether I would be where I am today, or of what tomorrow would bring.

There are so many good people here, and we all walk many different paths with equal if not greater success. So, I humbly welcome you, and would be honored to share in your journey.

Bree