Second Week of Lucky 2013

Options
MarlaStuck
MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
How is everyone doing? Those of you that have been posting regularly and encouraging eachother have seen weight changes, and goal successes--loving it. I know your comments and accomplishments are so encouraging to me--thank you....

Request:
Lets each post one success from this week--whatever it may have been....AND one suggestion that has helped you that may help someone else.
In addition, what is this weeks goal and the celebration for reaching it.

THANK YOU for making this group such a great group!!!!

Replies

• MarlaStuck
    Options
    My Post:

I did my measurements this morning and don't see a loss; I weigh at night (I feel if I make goal at night I have truly made it) so I won't update that measurement until this evening. Although I have not seen a loss this week, my clothes fit differently (no kidding) so perhaps I'm shifting. Doesn't much matter, I'm feeling better. My job can be stressful and with the increased activity I am able to handle the stress better (or so I believe).

Goal of 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs each day was met all but two days (only short by small amount, but was interrupted by life) I doubled my steps yesterday and felt awesome.
    When I'm starting to feel stressed (I work with Labor & Employee Relations--discipline, terminations, grievances, negotiations) I have gotten up and taken a quick walk to another building to use the bathroom and do some flights of stairs. The cooler it is the faster I accomplish it. It has enabled me to clear my negativity and start fresh, plus I get my steps in. I got a manicure with shellac as my woohoo...and it looks great :)

This week my goals are to get my steps and stairs in each day, plus do an ab tape at least 3 days, and circuit training 2 days. One of my pups is having surgery (spay) this week so walking for her will be out. The boys however--I may walk til their legs cramp on Thursday when I'm home with them. If I'm successful with all of these goals I will look for a new skirt (houndstooth pattern) in a smaller size :)

In order to accomplish these goals I'm going to plan times on my calendar to take the walks, and do the ab tape in the morning before work. I'm going to join the circuit training Monday night and go to the Tuesday 530 Zumba class if at all possible (get out of work on time).

HERE WE GO!!! Going to scrub down the house and get steps and stairs started....
    Marla
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weighed all my food as planned. I made sure to get some veggies in each day and drink my water.

I planned for 300 minutes of exercise. I am going to go on a hike today and that will put me over the 300 minutes. (Yay) It was a struggle this week.

Scale....so disappointing....It did not move.

Tammy
  • bringnsparkleback
    bringnsparkleback Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am a little late joining you guys, but I have been MFP-ing for almost two months and just got my FitBit a week ago. Right now my goal is to get in three miles a day and work up from there. I would like to do a half marathon in the Spring, but not at a record pace, more so that I can actually just DO IT before they close the course! LOL. Obviously I have a ways to go, but more importantly, I want to loose 50 lbs that have been put on by some medication that I tried stopping for the pure reason of loosing weight, but have had to start taking again because I just cant function well without it. So, that's a lot of information in what was supposed to be a simple introduction of myself!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weight = 140.8 pounds > - 2 pounds this week! :-)

Posatives
    - I have established a workout routine that I enjoy and can stick with; however, it is challenging...to get up extra early and get it all in.
    - I am seeing positive results in my mid-section...little by little.
    - I sleep well and deserve it!

Tip
    - Plan and prepare as much as you can, but adjust as required, while still accomplishing your goals.

Information
    - I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease; therefore, there isn't an option around gluten food any more what so ever! There's no "last one or last time", there is just no more. I have a disease, I can't have it develop into another, so I will do everything that I have to do prevent that from hapenning!
    > Posative > My husband is even MORE understanding, that I can't eat gluten'd food at all any more...which will
    help!

Weekly Goal
    - No more sweets!
    - Master all other "paticulars"; eating, logging, etc.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I finally feel like the holidays are behind me, and I'm back on track. Doing well eating-wise.

I've had enough of a cold to make me feel a little run down and less like exercising, and it's been very cold by Southern CA standards, so I haven't been getting in as much exercise as I'd like, but as long as my eating is in line, I'm not too worried about a light week or two.
  • laura920
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My success for this week: I actually have a few!
    * I logged my food everyday, which really makes me think about what I am eating!
    * I increased my water intake! I always had a constant feeling of hunger because I was actually dehydrated!
    * I went to a wedding yesterday and although I over indulged I kept the dessert buffet under control. I walked past full size slices of cheese cake and other amazing goodies and went for the mini canoli and mini carrot cake cupcake. This is a HUGE success for me because dessert is my nemesis!

Tip:
    Don't beat yourself up because you didn't get a workout in or you over indulged, or you didn't log. Just get yourself back on track the next day. We are all human we are not going to be perfect everyday but the important part of this journey is to NOT GIVE UP! Don't allow one bad day to derail you to the point where you give up!

Goal for the week:
    This is my week to reintroduce regular workouts into my routine.

My celebration is going to be the great nights sleep I will get after the workouts!
  • Buglindsey1979
    Buglindsey1979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

On Sunday I woke up with a cold, so I haven't been very good this week. However, on the upside I have been drinking a ton of water trying to flush the cold from my system. I logged my food every day and managed to exercise three times this week. (Even if it was just light yoga.). I actually lost three pounds until yesterday when I swear my scale broke and told me I gained a pound back. I am starting to feel better and I hope to be getting more exercise in this week.

My tip of the week: use smaller plates. I downsized to my toddler's plates and reduced the serving size.

Have a good week everyone and hang in there!

Lindsey
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Just got back from a 75 minute walk with the dog. Feels good!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    I weighed all my food as planned. I made sure to get some veggies in each day and drink my water.

I planned for 300 minutes of exercise. I am going to go on a hike today and that will put me over the 300 minutes. (Yay) It was a struggle this week.

Scale....so disappointing....It did not move.

Tammy
    Scale is not everything...over 300 ..may be building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat :) I'm with you on the scale and measurements this week. Of course I was bad or not so good on two meals this week that can cause this and I know it. Good job sticking to your committment for yourself!
    Marla
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Just got back from a 75 minute walk with the dog. Feels good!

And our fur children soooooo love it too. Way to go!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Hi everyone,

* I logged my food everyday, which really makes me think about what I am eating!
    * I increased my water intake! I always had a constant feeling of hunger because I was actually dehydrated!
    * I went to a wedding yesterday and although I over indulged I kept the dessert buffet under control. I walked past full size slices of cheese cake and other amazing goodies and went for the mini canoli and mini carrot cake cupcake. This is a HUGE success for me because dessert is my nemesis!

Tip:
    Don't beat yourself up because you didn't get a workout in or you over indulged, or you didn't log. Just get yourself back on track the next day. We are all human we are not going to be perfect everyday but the important part of this journey is to NOT GIVE UP! Don't allow one bad day to derail you to the point where you give up!

Goal for the week:

My celebration is going to be the great nights sleep I will get after the workouts!

Awesome work! and insight. That is a great success this week. Look forward to next weeks successes. Way to go!
    Marla
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Hi everyone,

On Sunday I woke up with a cold, so I haven't been very good this week. However, on the upside I have been drinking a ton of water trying to flush the cold from my system. I logged my food every day and managed to exercise three times this week. (Even if it was just light yoga.). I actually lost three pounds until yesterday when I swear my scale broke and told me I gained a pound back. I am starting to feel better and I hope to be getting more exercise in this week.

My tip of the week: use smaller plates. I downsized to my toddler's plates and reduced the serving size.

Have a good week everyone and hang in there!

Lindsey
    Lindsey
    That is a humungo success being sick and all...wow! Feel better and share your great successes next week with us..
    Marla :smile:
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Weight = 140.8 pounds > - 2 pounds this week! :-)

Posatives
    - I have established a workout routine that I enjoy and can stick with; however, it is challenging...to get up extra early and get it all in.
    - I am seeing positive results in my mid-section...little by little.
    - I sleep well and deserve it!

Tip
    - Plan and prepare as much as you can, but adjust as required, while still accomplishing your goals.

Information
    - I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease; therefore, there isn't an option around gluten food any more what so ever! There's no "last one or last time", there is just no more. I have a disease, I can't have it develop into another, so I will do everything that I have to do prevent that from hapenning!
    > Posative > My husband is even MORE understanding, that I can't eat gluten'd food at all any more...which will
    help!

Weekly Goal
    - No more sweets!
    - Master all other "paticulars"; eating, logging, etc.
    Jess-- Nice work, and with such challenges too you rock!! At-a-girl! Well Done,
    Marla
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Ok so I am a little late joining you guys, but I have been MFP-ing for almost two months and just got my FitBit a week ago. Right now my goal is to get in three miles a day and work up from there. I would like to do a half marathon in the Spring, but not at a record pace, more so that I can actually just DO IT before they close the course! LOL. Obviously I have a ways to go, but more importantly, I want to loose 50 lbs that have been put on by some medication that I tried stopping for the pure reason of loosing weight, but have had to start taking again because I just cant function well without it. So, that's a lot of information in what was supposed to be a simple introduction of myself!
    Welcome Bring--it is never too late to join friends in this lifestyle change. Welcome!!
    Marla
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    New goals for this coming week anyone?

I am pretty routine and boring! LOL....Same goals....300 minutes of exercise.

Of course...8 glasses of water a day.
    Log everyday
    make healthy choices
    weigh and measure
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Tip:

Goal for the week:

Thank you SO MUCH for those inspiring words!!!! You don't know how much I appreciated them this morning. I was knocked down with a cold all weekend and this morning was just feeling, well, *blah*......so I needed your words.....to NOT GIVE UP!

Big {{hug}} to you,, Laura!
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Week Two, My Goals: Attempt to create time to log in all food this week.
    Work out for at least 300 minutes, however slowly since I'm still recovering from a cold
    which zapped me this weekend.
    Drink 8 glasses of water per day.

I find that if I write my planned workouts into my schedule for the week, they tend to get done. I schedule the time and what activity I plan to do. Other than walking the dog each morning (that's a MUST, if not for me but for Jesse!), I schedule other workouts after work and like I said, if they are on my "To-Do List" they do tend to get done then but I have to be specific....not just write "work out" but actually write which DVD I plan to use or what park to take the dog to or what housework needs to be done, etc.

That's just me........my German heritage tends to make me Uber-Organized! :-)

Happy Monday everyone out there and enjoy Week Two of our journey together!
  • colliegirl50
    Options
    Could someone explain this "FitBit" I keep seeing here? I am VERY low-tech here!! (Examples: Didn't even own a CD player until maybe the year 2000! My phone is a VERY basic model.....texts and phone calls ONLY. I don't even want anything else on it! LOL)

So, what is this "FitBit"? How does it work? Is it easy to use? And where does one purchase one?

Thank you for any information you could provide.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday y'all! So I had a very busy weekend and I didn't do so well on my calories :( I also didnt' exercise on Friday as I had planned as I got a call from my son needing some help and that derailed my plans, but family first so I was okay with that! I still logged every thing and I went over on Friday and Saturday, but I did well on Sunday. As far as my goals, I was one day short of my exercise goals, but I'm not going to beat myself up, I feel that I did well for my first week. Odly I weighed myself today and I'm up 1 pound, but I don't feel that I've gained a pound, I feel lighter????? I also went grocery shopping Sunday and picked up some good snacks to have on hand through out the day along with a water jug that hold eight, 8oz glasses of water. I know this is a journey and as long as I keep on improving, I know I can get to my goals.

My success this week was logging all my food, cooking dinner 6 nights out of 7 and exercising 4 days in a row and getting more sleep each night. I still need to measure myself and see if there is a difference there even though the scale doesnt show a loss.

I feel good and that's a success too. I'm ready to be a little more focused and prepared this week and I hope to get my 5 work out days in this week too!
  • MarlaStuck
    Options
    Could someone explain this "FitBit" I keep seeing here? I am VERY low-tech here!! (Examples: Didn't even own a CD player until maybe the year 2000! My phone is a VERY basic model.....texts and phone calls ONLY. I don't even want anything else on it! LOL)

So, what is this "FitBit"? How does it work? Is it easy to use? And where does one purchase one?

Thank you for any information you could provide.

Think of the Fitbit as a really cool pedometer....I got mine from the fitbit.com site itself (they are the same price everywhere). It tracks your steps, your stair flights, calories burned, and your hours of sleep. It will send you brief messages like "walk me", "over achiever", etc... You clip it to your hip, bra...wherever. At night you put on a wrist strap and pop it into it push the button until the counter starts and it tracks how many times you awaken in the night--this way you can see the amount of "good sleep, or efficiency in your sleep". I absolutely love mine. Plus it can be linked to MFP which will pop your exercise amounts right on over so you don't have to think about those entries. Hope this helps. Check them out on the site fitbit.com