*NEW TEAM DAFFODIL (JuneJulyAug 2013 Brides :)

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Good evening ladies!

Thanks to the Summer brides for being so flexible during our first week and for coming together as Daffodils :)

In case you want the comprehensive participant list for your group, I've pasted it below. Please let me know if you need anything at all!

~E

Cappa124 (Catherine)
rock_kowgurl (Kelly)
futurestarz (Amanda)
OhioBride (Candace)
Wimbledongal (Kate)
autumnsanders (Autumn)
Fit_Is_Fabulous (Megan)
missquela (Miquela)
sjr4291 (Sarah)
kyrabeth1986 (Carla)
bbtano (Melissa)
minkyrunner (Carolyn)
kelleyrosen (Kelley)
kluginbill1 (Kelsey)
amara15 (Paige)
BrandyBarrett (Brandy)
Drkchyld (Antenette)
mina10v3 (Kellie)
athorson8 (Angela)
Julie_emma1 (Julie)
kelly_gelinas (Kelly)
kikiallain (Christine)
sanusiya (Sanu)
Methinksabout (Meike)
jesyka (Jesyka)
betteringmyself (Ali)
ceciljacobs (Cecilia)
love4fitnesslove4food
Tandksmommy11 (Amy)

Replies

• Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Fit_Is_Fabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well ladies, should we have a re-introduction?

I'm a July 6th bride. Currently studying to be a dentist, but I work as a nursing tech and a tutor on the side. I'm hoping to get from 140-110 by my wedding. But, getting down to even 120 would be fantastic.

Doctor Who is my guilty pleasure and cheesecake is my weakness. I currently am getting in shape by 30 minutes of cardio and 30-45 minutes of heavy lifting.

I'm excited to meet you ladies :)
  • kluginbill1
    kluginbill1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My wedding is on August 17! I have applied for Occupational Therapy school and I'm in school taking a few last prereqs and I work as a CNA in the meantime.

I'm getting in shape by training for 2 half-marathons and a triathalon this spring/summer and doing new rules of lifting for women 3x a week. I would love to lose 20lbs by the wedding and tone up.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Options
    Also,

just a random idea. We should have ticker themes every few weeks or something. Right now I have my rings as my ticker image. The person with the highest percent of weight loss could set the theme for the next week?

Sound interesting?
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy and I'm an August 10 bride. I have 2 children (7 and 5) from a previous marriage and an adorable dachshund who is spoiled as much as my children are. I have a bachelors degree in Criminal Justice, but I work as a personal care aid for the elderly and handicapped in their homes (PCA schedule is much more family friendly).

I never lost the weight after having my daughter 5 years ago. I am hoping to get down from 212 to 175ish at the very least. Currently nursing a coccyx injury after a nasty fall 5 months ago, so my ability to exercise is very low but I am hoping the pain mgt clinic can get me back on track!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

My real name is Christine and I am getting married on August 24th. When i found my man a couple of years ago and knew he would be the one I would marry, I decided to start the process of losing weight even before we got engaged. I've been on this journey since June 2011 and have been very strict on doing this in a way I can maintain after I get to my goal weight. I started out at 212 in June 2011 and am currently at 176 lbs. I woud love to be around 155-160 for my wedding. My weight loss plan is to eat healthier meals by making healthier recipes and stickign to the recommended portion and also incorporate 35 minutes of cardio at lunch time on weekdays and also do one of Jillian Michaels dvd at home at night around 4-5 times a week. The meals we make at home have now just become what we want to eat and not just meals that were eating to lose weight! We've discovered that eating healthy doens't have to mean eating boring unflavourful meals!! My fiance and I are on this journey together as he would like to lose 10-15 pounds. He's been a great support for me as he doesn't jeopardize me by bringing unhealthy food in the house and he has also incorporated the lunch and night time workouts with me!

My biggest weakness is weekends. It's like friday night comes and something switches in me. I feel like eating more than I usually do during the week and also workout less than I do during the week. I've been really trying to work on that more since joining this challenge.
  • Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello! I"m an August 31st bride. I'm looking to lose about 8 more lbs and maintain. The problem for me is never getting down to my goal weight but for some reason staying there seems to be impossible. My bigger goal is to get my bf% from 22 to somewhere around 18 or 19. what i have been doing so far is 5 days of heavy lifting and light cardio in the mornings. 1-2 yoga workouts a week in the evening and one day of something random to mix it up. I'm also cutting 50% of my refined sugars and processed carbs out of my diet. That's the hard part but i'm working on it!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Hello team! I'm Christina! Wedding date is August 24th and I'm hoping to lose ~11-12 pounds by July 1st so that I can get my alterations done. I guess I packed on some love pounds and I'm trying to take it off.

My plan:
    Heavy weight lifting 6x a week
    Low intensity cardio for 3 hours per week
    HIIT 2x a week (10-15 min per session)

I'm eating at an average deficit of 325 calories per day. With 167 days till my ultimate goal date I have the potential to lose 15.5 pounds but we all know that weight loss is never linear. I only need 75% success rate to get me to my ultimate goal with a good 8 weeks left till the big day. Not too shabby.

A shorter term goal, 12 weeks, is to be down 7-8 pounds so here's to slow and steady :)
    Options
    Also,

just a random idea. We should have ticker themes every few weeks or something. Right now I have my rings as my ticker image. The person with the highest percent of weight loss could set the theme for the next week?

Sound interesting?
    That's a cute idea!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am having an issue this week. I have been doing so good, but for some reason I am up a pound when I weighed myself. I know I shouldn't but I weigh myself everyday. It's what I do. I work shift work, and think it could just be due to the fact that I have only gotten 7 hours of sleep since yesterday morning at 7:30 am. Maybe my body just needs a good nights sleep to reset. Still it upsets me because I have been doing welll with my calories. I have had more carbs then usually because my fiance made a huge vat of pasta, and I don't want to throw it out, so I have been eating some everyday. I really just needed to rant and get it out. Thanks for listening.

Kelly
  • Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am having an issue this week. I have been doing so good, but for some reason I am up a pound when I weighed myself. I know I shouldn't but I weigh myself everyday. It's what I do. I work shift work, and think it could just be due to the fact that I have only gotten 7 hours of sleep since yesterday morning at 7:30 am. Maybe my body just needs a good nights sleep to reset. Still it upsets me because I have been doing welll with my calories. I have had more carbs then usually because my fiance made a huge vat of pasta, and I don't want to throw it out, so I have been eating some everyday. I really just needed to rant and get it out. Thanks for listening.

Kelly

Kelly,

I feel like I have the same exact problem (and I work 7p-7a). I'm eating at or under my calories and I workout at least 5 days a week, but the scale doesn't move!

I started taking photos and measurements. I'm hoping I see results in those non-scale victories, maybe take some measurements of yourself too? Also, I have to remind myself that I'm only slightly overweight (BMI=25.8). When you don't have as much to lose the weight loss won't be as rapid.

I totally feel you tho, all my MFP friends are losing a lot and I'm sitting here with a measly 2 pounds.
    Options
    Just stay the course ladies. Weight loss is never linear. You might wake up one morning and you're 3 pounds down--when you're losing sometimes the loss is masked by water weight and it takes a while for you to know that you're losing.
  • kikiallain
    Options
    We can do this girls!! Just stick to healthy eating and working out and it has to go down eventually!! Don't stress too much about going up a pound.. i mean i cna go up to almost 3 poudns more after one bad night!! But it's usually water weight and it usually comes off pretty quickly!! I used to only weigh myself once a week but for some reason i'm weighing myself every morning now. It motivates me for the day!! Keeps me on track!! I only report it once a week though and that's for weigh in on sunday!!
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    I'm a July 6th bride.
    How cool, that's my birthday! I'll be thinking of your day when I blow out the candles on my bday cake
    :bigsmile:
    My plan:
    Heavy weight lifting 6x a week
    Low intensity cardio for 3 hours per week
    HIIT 2x a week (10-15 min per session)

I'm eating at an average deficit of 325 calories per day. With 167 days till my ultimate goal date I have the potential to lose 15.5 pounds but we all know that weight loss is never linear. I only need 75% success rate to get me to my ultimate goal with a good 8 weeks left till the big day. Not too shabby.

A shorter term goal, 12 weeks, is to be down 7-8 pounds so here's to slow and steady :)
    You really should give your muscles time to rest when you're lifting heavy - so 6x a week might be counter productive? (unless, of course, if you're doing split body exercises and not combound ones, if so, please ignore me :tongue: )
    I like your view on weight to be lost in total until your wedding day, will have a look what my deficit needs to be to get to my goal weight.. that's a proper cool approach!
    Just stay the course ladies. Weight loss is never linear. You might wake up one morning and you're 3 pounds down--when you're losing sometimes the loss is masked by water weight and it takes a while for you to know that you're losing.
    Very good advice! It's especially hard to keep proper track when you weigh everyday and let that affect your moods! I weigh everyday but I won't let it throw me - I also have a weekly official (MFP) weighing day (Wednesday) and now this one's Sunday weighing.. sometimes it works out with a loss, sometimes it doesn't but as long as the overall average (monthly) goes down, am happy! I just need the daily weighings to keep me focusses and on track!
    My name is Amy and I'm an August 10 bride.
    Hi Amy, my name is Meike and am getting married on the 10th of August as well!! Am living in London but am getting married in my home town in Germany! Really excited but also a bit scared of having to go dress shopping pretty much NOW while I am still sporting a UK dress size 20-22 - and I really hate the thought! I started my journey a month before my other half proposed, really upset that I didn't start earlier! But that's the past and I have to deal with that now, so am going to the gym to lift heavy 3 times a week now. Since started that I have hardly lost any weight really (which can be quite annoying), but I can see changes in my clothes, so I see that it IS worth it.. still hoping for the big drop though :laugh:

Good luck to all of you and welcome to the June/July brides! :flowerforyou:
    Options
    methinks--it is a split routine ;) you can google countdown to date calculator and figure out how many days until your absolute latest date. It really helps.
  • kelly_gelinas
    Options
    So maybe worrying about no weightloss was useless. I know there had to be a reason. I am down to what I was on Sunday and my period started. That explains the no loss so far. Must be water weight. If there is no loss for me on Sunday, maybe next week will be a big loss. I have to remember last week I lost over 5lbs. That can't happen every week. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Incredibly Kelly! I wouldn't worry about it too much it is definetly water weight! Just keep working out and eating well and our bodies will eventually cooperate!

For me I had decided to skip out on the gym session at lunch but then last minute just decided to get my boots on and go! SO off I went and got my cardio in!! Tomorrow night is date night so i'm gonna go to the gym and we might try to get RIpped in 30 in before the restaurant so I can try to minimize the effects this may have on my weigh in sunday morning!!
  • sanusiya
    sanusiya Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey me too gettin married on 24th Augest , counting days :)
    Myself Sanu from India. M marryin my dream guy, he is way too tall 5'10 nd m jus 5'1. Myself weightin 62kgs right nw nd want to lose another 6-8kgs.. So tat I dont look short nd chubby on the big day.. I don't wanna b way too skinny.. Im doin Zumba 5x week for an hour... Hopin to c gud result, nd my next goal is fit in my bday dress which is very tight now, it's my bdayyyy on feb 16 :)
    Hello ladies,

My real name is Christine and I am getting married on August 24th. When i found my man a couple of years ago and knew he would be the one I would marry, I decided to start the process of losing weight even before we got engaged. I've been on this journey since June 2011 and have been very strict on doing this in a way I can maintain after I get to my goal weight. I started out at 212 in June 2011 and am currently at 176 lbs. I woud love to be around 155-160 for my wedding. My weight loss plan is to eat healthier meals by making healthier recipes and stickign to the recommended portion and also incorporate 35 minutes of cardio at lunch time on weekdays and also do one of Jillian Michaels dvd at home at night around 4-5 times a week. The meals we make at home have now just become what we want to eat and not just meals that were eating to lose weight! We've discovered that eating healthy doens't have to mean eating boring unflavourful meals!! My fiance and I are on this journey together as he would like to lose 10-15 pounds. He's been a great support for me as he doesn't jeopardize me by bringing unhealthy food in the house and he has also incorporated the lunch and night time workouts with me!

My biggest weakness is weekends. It's like friday night comes and something switches in me. I feel like eating more than I usually do during the week and also workout less than I do during the week. I've been really trying to work on that more since joining this challenge.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    AGH! I have such a hard time on weekends. I just weighed myself and I gained. :( I'm mad at myself for letting you guys down as well as mad at myself for letting myself down. My fiance suggested I put everyone in the house on a diet. He said he could stand to lose a few pounds, and that the kids don't need to be eating junk. They are giong to need to eat healthier 'snacks' after school. I'm good all week, until the weekends. GRR!
  • kelly_gelinas
    Options
    So I didn't lose this week. I stayed the same. Hoping for a big loss next week when my period finishes, Having a hard time with the star challenge. I work shift work, so a good nights sleep is hard to come by. Also I hate abs so that didn't get done. I do arms, so this one should be easier. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Kelly- you aren't the only one with trouble with the star challenge. My biggest issue is the water drinking. I hate water. I also don't like abs because after 2 c-sections and kids, my muscles split and yeah they are a mess.