*NEW TEAM DAFFODIL (JuneJulyAug 2013 Brides :)

Options

Replies

• Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! I gave up sweets for lent, thinking that would make a big difference for me. Well its been two weeks and nothing, i have actually been stalled for about 3 weeks now. I guess I didnt eat as many sweets as i thought I did!
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's tough to give up something but not see the results. Just keep at it and i'm sure it'll pay off eventually.

How is everyone else doing? This week is going much better for me although i'm lacking in the strenght training!! I'm getting my 35 minutes of cardio in at lunch every day and last night we went for a 40 minute walk with the dog so it was definetly cardio day! Tonight i'm hoping to get some strenght training in ..either 6 week 6 pack or Ripped in 30! I'm really hoping to be at a loss this week and make it closer to my goal. Weekends are always tough so we'll see what I can do!! Also there's an office potluck tomorrow so that's always tough but i'll work out in order to balance it out as much as I can.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Well- I posted a thread on the forum to get some ideas on what else I can do because I'm frustrated. Come to find out, I'm eating to much sodium, sugar and carbs and not enough protein. I went in to change my % and low and behold- they were set TOTALLY opposite of what they should be. I'm so irritated by that. I had 55% carbs, 30% fat and 15% protein. I should have 30, 30, 40 respectively. I hope that by changing this and trying to eat cleaner that I can lose more.

It is raining today so I won't get a walk in and I have to work this afternoon so it won't happen then either. I have no weights here and I can't sit on a weight bench at the gym because of my stupid tailbone so I'm going to have to dig out some cans and do something.
  • kluginbill1
    kluginbill1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! How are we doing?? How many brides did we have check-in this week? I hope everyone is staying motivated! I upped my calories at the beginning of this year and I'm finally losing! And I changed my macros and I'm really watching those now too, so I think it's all helping. We have our food tasting on Friday. Can't wait! :smile:
  • kikiallain
    Options
    Office potluck today (my favorites) ...will try to limit myself as much as possible but am going to the gym after work for an hour long workout so hopefully that will balance things enough. TOM started and i'm hoping it has no effect on my weigh inon sunday!!

I'm wondering how many people in our group are still checking in on our group thread but just not writing? which is fine :) as long as you weigh in :) If your here and reading just say hello !
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    We only had 10 brides check in this week. :( If you are still reading the threads but don't want to participate anymore, let us know! I won't have to hound you for your stats. LOL.

I picked up an additional shift today at work from 10a-2pm. I am hoping to be able to get her out and for a walk. She is wheelchair bound so that will help me burn some calories, and she's overweight (because of being wheelchair bound) so that will burn even more. Let's hope the weather holds out and my tailbone holds up..haha.
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    Options
    I've been struggling the past few weeks---lots of stress eating because I'm overwhelmed with work right now, burning the candle at both ends (and not much time to get to the gym) I have a tendency to just throw in the towel for the whole day and eat whatever if I make one or two bad choices! That just makes it worse, I know.

Spring Break is right around the corner, so I will eventually get some sleep!

Thanks to those who are posting their experiences and checking in. It helps me to know I'm not going through this alone. The wedding planning isn't very enjoyable for me because it's just not my cup of tea so that stresses me out too (and when I think of how far behind I am) I am hoping to make some headway on the planning over Spring Break also, but we are going out of town for 4 days to visit our brothers (one of his and one of mine). Am looking forward to seeing them, but also want to get some to-do's crossed off the lists.
  • Drkchyld
    Drkchyld Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I read every few days jus to see if there's something important i need to know.
  • crystalina888
    crystalina888 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After a good January my Feb weight loss was a bit challenging.. Have less than five months to go till the big day so I need a strong March and still have 40 lbs to go. I have been staying within my cal goal and exercising 3+ times a week most weeks but I seem to have stalled. Is there any strategies when it comes to what you eat that is working for anyone they wouldn't mind sharing?
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    Crystalina888- I've pretty much been stuck at the same numbers. I have no idea how I managed it but I apparently gained 3lbs in the past week even though I've been eating better than I ever have. I don't even know anymore, I'm so ready to give up. You're not the only one struggling!
  • bbtano
    Options
    Are you guys eating more on the days you workout? For me, if I eat the same amount of calories on the days I work out as I do on the other day then I end up gaining. What about water? I always lose more when I drink a ton of water---at least 10 to 12 glasses a day (more if I exercise)
    Don't give up! Keep trying different variations until you find a plan that works for you. You deserve to be healthy and are WORTH it! :)
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    I eat back some of my exercise calories. Usually not all of them because sometimes I just can't force myself to eat but definitely more than I usually would have if I didn't work out. I'm drinking 6 glasses of water usually. That's an improvement for me. I used to drink nothing but iced tea.

Thinkin about making an appt with a doctor to see if maybe my thyroid is out of whack and maybe he has some suggestions.
  • kikiallain
    Options
    So how did we do on reporting in Amy??
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    We had the usual 11 report in. :( I think the others are permanently gone.
  • Methinksabout
    Options
    I am so sorry brides! Completely fell off the wagon - just could not face the app or the thought of counting or going to the gym.. I know I should've told someone but I couldn't face it really.. sorry to have let you down!

I guess as I have not been checking in for so long, I am off the challenge? Am happy to come back from this point forward, just let me know!

If not, then I wish you all the best of luck with the challenge, your upcoming dress fittings and of course your wedding days!
    Lots of love!
    Meike
  • kikiallain
    Options
    You can't get off this team that easily Methinksabout but remember we are here to help each other out!! So use us! We're all in the same boat!! I gained 3 pounds in one week but by sticking to the app and keeping accountable to this group, i was able to lose those pounds last week! I hated sending my horrible gain to Amy but it's the only way to do it!! So yes, join us again and get moving!!
  • Tandksmommy11
    Options
    You are more than welcome to stay! We've all had those moments where it would just be easier to quit than to try to get back on the wagon. We've all had gains. Heck, I've only lost 3lbs the whole time- but I'm still trying and even though it's embarrassing, it's the best I can do. We're glad to haev you back. :)
    I am so sorry brides! Completely fell off the wagon - just could not face the app or the thought of counting or going to the gym.. I know I should've told someone but I couldn't face it really.. sorry to have let you down!

I guess as I have not been checking in for so long, I am off the challenge? Am happy to come back from this point forward, just let me know!

If not, then I wish you all the best of luck with the challenge, your upcoming dress fittings and of course your wedding days!
    Lots of love!
    Meike
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, Hope you are all doing well with the challenge. I haven't lost weight in 4 weeks and have fallen off the wagon. But I am still recording my food and stayinng accountable to my slip ups lol. I need to get into gear. My dressing fitting is 2 months away and I have 6lbs to go. I can do this. I want to look great on my wedding day.

On the wedding note, I want Dance lessons for our first dance. My fiance is worried about the money because they are expensive. $75 a lesson. I just want to look good and not step all over eachother. We both aren't great dancers.

What is everyone doing for their first dance?
  • bbtano
    Options
    We won the week! Way to go Daffodils! Keep up the good work!
  • crystalina888
    crystalina888 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yahhh!!! Great news on the win :) I am definitely feeling the challenge of getting back on track this month. The reality that I have less that 5 mo to go is hitting hard. Having a great week so far and the scale is being very kind (knock on wood) just gotta keep it going. Has anyone ever tried Ginko Biloba? A co-worker gave me some to try and it gave me incredible energy! I worked 11 hrs and then still clocked my best time ever on the stationary bike at the gym. Its supposed to be a natural suppliment for memory but apparently great energy is another benefit :)