Starting this week-who's in?

Options
earcega
earcega Posts: 45 Member
Hi all,
Will be starting the 90 day program this week. Who's in? I desperately need a buddy to help me go through this.

Replies

• mays5254
    mays5254 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the DVDs today. Once I get them I'm in:smile:
  • Bluebox32
    Bluebox32 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    We are all here with you...but we just may not be on the same week :)
  • Catalpa62
    Catalpa62 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 1/21. I need to get a mat and a resistance band, and then I'll be good to go. I'll be your buddy, even if we are on different weeks!
  • AzPie
    AzPie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just got mine and I plan to start on Sunday so I can have Saturdays as my rest day. I'm so excited to get started although I'm hating the idea of taking my body measurements I plan to do this to help me gauge progress. What day are you starting? You can friend me if you like. I'm 44 years old and ultimately want to lose about my age in pounds if that makes sense.
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 1/21. I need to get a mat and a resistance band, and then I'll be good to go. I'll be your buddy, even if we are on different weeks!

Doesnt the kit come with a resistance band? I just got a mat this week, I've had JMBR for almost a year now. I bought it when it was first released. And yet I still haven't started :x I suck, haha.
  • mylifemynow
    mylifemynow Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've had it for a year too and still haven't done it - just think of where I could be.... :/ BUT I am starting on 1/21! :)
  • Catalpa62
    Options

Doesnt the kit come with a resistance band? I just got a mat this week, I've had JMBR for almost a year now. I bought it when it was first released. And yet I still haven't started :x I suck, haha.

I got the DVDs from a friend, so I had to get the mat and band separately. But I've got them now, and I'm jazzed for Monday! Can't wait until I get out of work!
  • AzPie
    Options
    I started this today! Hurrah! It was very doable and a good workout. I also hiked my dogs today for an hour - I'm planning on doing the cardio 1 tonight. I'm excited for you all to get started too.:smile:
  • gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started today with Workout 1 Phase 1. I don't have the resistance cable yet but I'll pick one up at Target tomorrow. I used 5lbs weights, which was too easy for the chest flys but really hard for the arm raises - I will pick some 8lb weights for the chest flys but not going any lighter! Kudos to y'all who are finally popping these DVDs in.

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone have any recommendations on doing this in conjunction with a couch-to-5K program? I'm on Week 2 Day 2 of 5K training but have severe posterior shin splints and an appointment with an ortho in February so I'm trying to find more variety than just running - hence this program.
  • trishpsl
    trishpsl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I plan on staring monday 1/21. I want to do the jumpstart workout but not the meal plan. Do you think it matters if I do both the workouts in the morning rather than one in the am and the other in the pm?
  • hamichel28
    Options
    Starting tomorrow..1/21! Good Luck everyone!
  • dawncla
    dawncla Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today (1/21)! Good luck all!
  • Catalpa62
    Options
    Whew! Just finished Day 1, and boy, do I feel it! It's hard work, but switching between exercises keeps it interesting and makes the thirty minutes go by quickly. Can't wait for tomorrow! And good job everyone who completed Day 1!! Let's keep it going!
  • eduberek
    eduberek Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am starting today! So scared! I tried her 30 day shred dvd and it kicked my butt so bad, I never wanted to do it again! But someone at work just gave me the complete body revolution set so I figure I will try it. I need to lose 60lbs! I have been on a diet my entire life and need to get to a comfortable weight. I am actually in fairly good shape as I ride horse and Zumba and lots of farm chores but the weight just won't seem to budge so maybe I need this extreme workout to get me going. I really am not concerned with a number but more going for health and how I feel which right now is awful! Looking for buddies too! Emy
  • eduberek
    Options
    You don't suck, it just wasn't your time. Maybe now is...? Good luck! Let's do this together!
  • tanyapie
    Options
    I started today . Count me in :smooched:
  • eduberek
    Options
    Finished workout one and survived. Does anyone have the listing of what work outs when? I was given dvd's and it doesn't have a schedule in it. I would think you have to do cardio disc more that just one day a week. TIA, Emy
  • gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just finished Cardio 1 Phase 1 (Day 3). It was really hard for me. Much harder than Days 1 and 2. I worry that only doing it twice a week for two weeks is going to make Phase 2 cardio really hard. Anyone else doubling up on workouts? I did the cardio this morning and I'm tempted to start doing both AM and PM workouts - kinda like the 7-day kickstart.
  • AzPie
    Options
    I just start Sunday and I've been doing the cardio with workouts 1 and 2. Yesterday I also went bike riding with the kids and felt nauseous in the afternoon - thought I might be getting the flu but now I think I just over-exercised. I'm going to do only one cardio today.
  • Catalpa62
    Options
    Finished workout one and survived. Does anyone have the listing of what work outs when? I was given dvd's and it doesn't have a schedule in it. I would think you have to do cardio disc more that just one day a week. TIA, Emy

Weeks 1 & 2: Disc 1, Disc 2, Cardio1, Disc 1, Disc 2, Cardio1

Those are the ones I know off the top of my head. I'll have to reference the manual when I get home to post the full rotation.