Starting this week-who's in?

Options

Replies

• DMRN0125
    Options
    I am currently on week 3 and have lost 7.7 lbs so far, not following her meal plan. I might extend phase 1 by one week and do workouts 3 and 4 for an extra week because I want to get through them a little easier than I am before Phase 2 sets in.
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting BR on Monday!!! I have just about every single Jillian Michaels workout DVD and hoping I love this one just as much as the others!!! Hopefullly I can stay motivated!!!
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how much weight everyone lost after completing phase 1? Thanks!

So far, I've lost 6.8 pounds but I'm not done with Phase 1 yet. I still have two more workouts to complete. I'll post my final results this weekend along with measurement changes.

For what it's worth, I am NOT following her meal plan. I was sticking to 1,200 calories (not eating back calories burned) but that isn't enough for these workouts plus adding in my own walking, running, or jogging. I've upped my limit to 1,400 calories as of day. I might fire my dietitian on Tuesday if she tells me to go back down to 1,400.
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I start workout 3 today. excited and nervous at the same time.

So far for the first 2 weeks i have lost 8 pounds. :happy: hopefully i can keep it up. i REALLY want to make it through this whole program!

How is everyone else doing?
  • Catalpa62
    Catalpa62 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just finished Workout 3. Barely. By the time she reached the 'plank-ups', I was about ready to cry, lol. It was definitely difficult, and now I know what Jillian meant when she told us to enjoy weeks one and two.

But I WILL get stronger. These moves WILL get easier. And when I'm in a bikini in Mexico, I WILL look fantastic! All this hard work WILL be worth it!

As far as weight loss, I've actually gained half a pound since starting two weeks ago. :grumble: However, since I'm already so close to my goal weight, I'm not sure the scale is a good measure of my success anymore. It's about inches for me, I think, not pounds, and I don't plan to measure myself until I completely finish Phase 1. Which may be in three weeks, because I have a feeling I'm going to need to put some extra effort into Workouts 3 and 4!

I hope everyone else is sticking with it!!
  • Paris8009
    Options
    Started on Thursday 1/31... on Day 5 now. Decided to join MFP because I'm losing some momentum from my sore muscles! (Hamstrings especially)... knowing all you are doing it too will be a huge help. Good luck!
  • hamichel28
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 was hard! But it will get easier!
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this as soon as my Dr gives the OK ( been dealing with some high blood pressure issues). Are those that are already doing the program also following the meal plan? Or just continuing to monitor food and calories?
  • gatorgirly413
    Options
    I'm starting this as soon as my Dr gives the OK ( been dealing with some high blood pressure issues). Are those that are already doing the program also following the meal plan? Or just continuing to monitor food and calories?

I don't. I eat healthy all but two meals per week. I aim for 1650 calories a day, and I don't eat back calories burned since the 1650 is based on 80% of my TDEE.
  • richardmbunn
    richardmbunn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3. The dreaded Cardio 1. Because I'm 400lbs I have to work out modifications to many of the moves in the workouts. So far it's Cardio 1 that needed the most modifying. There were a couple of moves I wasn't able to do and instead I did extra punch bag moves in order to keep my HR up but at least I got through the bones of it. I like how varied the programme is overall. There's less chance of me getting bored and reciting the narration back like a learned script as I have done with other DVD's.
  • Paris8009
    Options
    Like Jillian said, if you have to modify, that's okay! As long as you're doing what you can, be proud of yourself for that!
  • Catalpa62
    Options
    Just did my second day of Workout Three. Plank ups and inchworms are my arch-enemies. I can do maybe half the interval for inchworms then have to switch to crunches. The plank ups aren't as bad, but I really struggle near the end. However, I was able to do more today than I was the first time. And I went lower with my push ups, too. Guess it just shows me where I need to focus!

How's everyone else coming along??
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    I finally decided to move onto Workout #3. HOLY @#$%.

Ok - I can't do the plank to the lunge. I just can't get my leg where she wants me to get my leg. And the plank ups... no. NO. That weird crab thing - I fell twice. The inchworm... i got it down the 2nd time through. And I really should have got the same resistance band she has. I didn't - and the one move with the band was really hard. Even hard to get my arms to pull the damn cable up.

I am actually going to repeat the video tonight - because for half of it this morning - I was just sitting there staring and trying to figure out how my body was supposed to do what her body was doing.
  • mlocki
    Options
    I'm starting Monday
  • Zeppyb
    Zeppyb Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh man, 3 does sound rough. She does move very quickly. I start my Kickstart week 1 tomorrow and have only done workouts 1 and 2 and cardio 1 to get ready so far.
  • Catalpa62
    Options
    I just did my third Workout 3 last night. Some moves are easier, but the plank-ups are still a major struggle for me, as is the inchworm. Even the push-ups - I have trouble getting low with them. I think I may have to widen my arms. But yeah, this is definitely the hardest workout so far.
    And I really should have got the same resistance band she has. I didn't - and the one move with the band was really hard. Even hard to get my arms to pull the damn cable up.

I don't have the same resistance band she does, either, and it makes that move really tough. I have to take a break after five or so reps.
  • erinkelly77
    Options
    On the bright side... 4 is "easier" than 3.

Cardio 1 seemed absolutely simple today compared to workout #3.

I think am moving my rest days around. Resting tomorrow (between Cardio 1 and Workout #3) because I'll have a late night tonight (to see Mumford & Sons!) and I don't think I can drag myself out of bed by 5:30 am. But I am actually REALLY looking forward to trying Workout #3 again - and hopefully improve.
  • Catalpa62
    Options
    On the bright side... 4 is "easier" than 3.

Cardio 1 seemed absolutely simple today compared to workout #3.

I think am moving my rest days around. Resting tomorrow (between Cardio 1 and Workout #3) because I'll have a late night tonight (to see Mumford & Sons!) and I don't think I can drag myself out of bed by 5:30 am. But I am actually REALLY looking forward to trying Workout #3 again - and hopefully improve.

Oooh, I love Mumford and Sons! That'll be a great show - I'm jealous! :tongue:
  • Catalpa62
    Options
    Hey all!

After a bit of waffling, I've decided to move on to workouts 5 and 6 this week. Workout 3 is still tough, but I can get through all of it, and I feel like I shouldn't wait for the workouts to become easy to move on.

How's everyone else doing?? Have you seen any results yet??
  • gatorgirly413
    Options
    Hey all!

After a bit of waffling, I've decided to move on to workouts 5 and 6 this week. Workout 3 is still tough, but I can get through all of it, and I feel like I shouldn't wait for the workouts to become easy to move on.

How's everyone else doing?? Have you seen any results yet??

I attempted Workout 5 last night. I got through the yoga and then balked at the pushup plankouts or whatever they're called. I wimped out and went back to Workout 3 and plan to do Workout 4 today. Now I wish I had stuck it out. I'm traveling Thursday-Sunday so I'm not sure what to do!