New to the group, check in here

Options

Replies

• scoutfinchie
    scoutfinchie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP friends! Glad to find you! I am 44, have been MFP-ing since January and am close to my goal of -30 lbs. I thrive on giving and receing encouragement on MFP and I am a faithful logger :-) I love indoor and outdoor quad roller skating to burn up my calories if there are any skaters out there!
  • nursesharon99
    nursesharon99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sharon, 40, married, nurse, recently lost 40 pounds with WW, I am so ready to finish this journey, I want to grow old with my hubby and be heart heatlhy!!:smile:
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    Thank you. :happy:
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sharon, 40, married, nurse, recently lost 40 pounds with WW, I am so ready to finish this journey, I want to grow old with my hubby and be heart heatlhy!!:smile:

^^^ This, but I am 45, married and we have a son who will be turning 20 next month, attending college almost 300 miles away.
  • NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm 45 and ready to lose the weight I gained 5 years ago when sister "Meno Pause" came for a visit. I love being active. I am new to this site today although I have been a member since February. I am really ready to get real results now. I have other things to concern myself with and I don't want my weight on that list anymore. MyFitnessPal has helped me reign in my eating and I really feel like I can meet my immediate fitness goal. My ultimate goal is to get back to 150# and stay there. You have my unwavering support as you work on your goals! WE CAN DO IT! :flowerforyou: Remember: Tomorrow is always an opportunity to begin anew!
  • MomChemist
    MomChemist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I live in Madison, WI, and I am the mother of 2 lovely daughters (ages 17 and 19) who will both be off to college this fall. I am approaching my 49th birthday, and I would LOVE to get to a healthy weight by the time I hit 50. I have about 45-50 pounds to lose, so my first short range goal is to be out of the "obese" category (over 175 lbs for my height) by my birthday this year, which is about 6-7 lbs in 4 weeks. Since I am just starting and exercise is pretty easy in the summer, I'm hoping to get there.

In the spring, summer, and fall, I bike a lot and often can burn 600-1200 calories on a ride through the rolling hills of Southern WI. To top it off, the bike ride helps me feel GREAT, so when I'm biking, I'm usually pretty positive and making good food and other health choices.

I look forward to meeting all of you and supporting you on your paths to healthy lifestyles!
  • laddle
    laddle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I am a forty something mom of 5 daughters of all ages from 23 yrs to 19 mos.
    I am here because I ultimately want to lose 25 lbs and need motivational support.
    I hope we can all help each to be the fabulous forty beauty's we need to be!
  • MomChemist
    MomChemist Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @ bk360mom -- I read your welcome post, and you sound like you've been on a similar track to what I have done. I keep trying, but not getting where I want to. I am hoping that rigorous tracking will keep me honest with myself this time. And I just had to buck up and record a day that didn't go as well as I wanted! But writing it all down and calculating where I'd be if I hadn't made a couple bad choices may help me remember tomorrow..... and the next day.... and the next day! (One can hope, right?!)
  • CT25LBS
    CT25LBS Posts: 4
    Options
    I am new to Fitness Pal as well. I am a 43 year old mother of three that has a demanding job and just tries to juggle too much! Trying to find time to ensure that I stay healthy and in shape. I haven't focused on it at all in the past two years and it shows!!
  • Tabatha1967
    Tabatha1967 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am a 45 year old mom to two beauties they are 22 and 19. I have been married for 24 years and it is finally time to work on me. I have been trying the last few years to put myself first and it has been working some what, but it is time to pull up the socks and finally reach my goal. Cant wait to meet you all and get and give support.
  • Cclye
    Cclye Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 42, single lady. Looking to find the right one but I have been meeting/around many people for so long.

But, am motivated to get fit
  • lauriebarrettcorson
    Options
    Hi. I'm Laurie. I'm 47, a mother of 3, grandmother of 4, and a teacher. I've been on and off again for years now, and I'm just tired of it and want to change for the better. I have over 70 pounds to lose, and I'm finding it harder in my forties to lose the weight!
  • Christinaitistime
    Christinaitistime Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am 41, 4 kids (19-7) I am on that motivation train again and looking to stay on it until I reach the 140's....:bigsmile:
  • Fafern
    Fafern Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone! I'm Jennifer ("Fafern" is a family nickname), 43 years old, single, no kids, but have 2 spoiled rotten doggies.

Just joined My Fitness Pal since I'm finally getting serious about getting back into shape. Used to work out semi-regularly in my 20s and early 30s, but it's been a struggle since my mid-30s to get off the couch due to back pain. Started going to the gym again a couple of weeks ago, but I'm trying to take it slow to avoid injuries. I'd like to lose 20 lbs at a minimum to feel healthier, but I'm hoping to shed 30-45 lbs to reach my ideal weight range.
  • KathiMLandis
    Options
    Hi Fabulous 40's! I'm new to MFP, and really would love to lose 33 pounds. I love to run, work-out, and plan to start training for a 1/2 marathon within the next week. I also love Cross Fit and Zumba! My two downfalls are diet soda and sugar.....I absolutely LOVE Diet Coke and chocolate!!! I'm grateful for any feedback, suggestions, and experiences shared from other members! :tongue: :tongue:

I know there is a way to sync MFP with Runkeeper, but don't know how to do it. Does anyone know how to sync the two?

Also, I have two lovely daughters, 15, and 8, who are great runners that I love to run with, and a 5 month-old shelter puppy that I'm training to run with me. My husband is a great runner/XC coach, but he is always trying to gain weight, which is often frustrating for someone like me to be around...Now I know how "Jack Spratt's wife" felt!!! LOL!!! :laugh:

Well, if we're all in this together, let's at least have fun with it!!! :bigsmile:
  • KathiMLandis
    Options
    Good luck to everyone! I'd love to hear from anyone else training for an athletic event..... :flowerforyou:
  • Geeznie713
    Options
    Hi all, Just turned 40 and started childrearing all over again. I have a 15 year old and a 20 month old. I have always struggled with my weight but have always been able to diet and lose...... that is until now. I don't know if it is the age or late mommyhood, but something has got to give!! I refuse to give in. They say life begins at 40 and I want my life to be nothing less than outstanding. Thanks for hearing me.
  • DonnetteWinter
    DonnetteWinter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm 44 years old, married and have two boys (18 & 17). I've lost 27 lbs so far, with 41 more to lose. I'm looking for some motivation! I would love to add some more people to my contact list on here... so we can share our days, what we're doing, eating and how we're feeling! Good and bad!! If this interests any of you, please add me as a friend and lets get healthy together! :)
  • msserv
    msserv Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone! Joined MFP two years ago, but never committed to it. Now it's two years later and I am ready to totally focus on my weight loss goals. Looking for some friends for extra motivation because 2013 is the start of my new lifestyle! Yes, half the year is over and yes I'm already in my 40's but it's never too late to start!!!! Add me as a friend and we could help motivate one another!!
  • Newmeinthemaking
    Options
    A big hello to every one! My name is Diane, I'm 46, married with a son & daughter aged 22 & 20. I guess for the past 10 years or so I've been treading water with my life. Not wanting to do anything out of my comfort zone, which was pretty small as it just revolved around work &home. But it's not what I want to do any more & the culprit is weight & lot's of it. For the past 3 weeks I've been following a low carb regime & managed to lose a few pounds. This isn't what I want to do long term so I'm going to make MFP my new best friend & count every thing I eat & drink. I want to have fun, to be truly happy & healthy, but above all I want to Shop & go out & find myself again. I hope I can add as much to this forum as I take away from it. So I guess that's me in a nut shell :-)