New to the group, check in here

Options

Replies

• 8467Keeley
    8467Keeley Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. bought a new phone and found myfitnesspal app. I am 46 with three grown boys and began at about 80lbs over weight. I began with something called my plate but, it takes to long to log in. I am looking for support as my husband doesn't really care how much he or I weigh. He believes we should enjoy live until we die.. Personally, I feel heavy and it gets in the way of enjoying food and living. Example: I like good french fries. I eat them and I know it is not good for me so then I feel bad. I have spent three years working toward my current fitness level and it is not that awesome. I am only able to work out when my body lets me. i get fatigued easily and I eat emotionally. Breaking bad habits now and feeling some what empowered. Example: I went form three 20 oz. Pepsi's a day for 15 plus years to no pepsi at all. portion resizing in another one. I have never eaten slowly and now I am learning to do this. I intend to make a lifetime goal of keeping fit and within a certain weight level (once I reach it) for the rest of my life. Hoping to maintain this focus. I'm not good at that.
  • dkirkling
    dkirkling Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the group. I joined MFP back in June and am in need of support for the long journey ahead.
  • KarenBuddercups
    KarenBuddercups Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    New to the group and wanted to stop in an say Hi! I'm 46 and have about 7 more lbs. to go till I reach my goal (lost 12.5 so far). Very slow going, so I need all the friends and inspiration I can get : )
    Karen
  • Deez2502
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Diane, 48, new to MFP and looking for motivation to drop 40 lbs in the next 6 months. I started WW online in March 2011 and lost 60 lbs. in about 9 months. I never quite reached my goal however, and got discouraged. I've gained back about 30 of what I'd lost, due to stress eating, and am looking to finally get this weight off & keep it off! I have 3 kids, 27, 25, & 5. Yes.. 5! My kids, especially the youngest, are my motivation to finally be at a healthy weight. I have many things coming up, my oldest is getting married next year, youngest is starting Kindergarten! So... I can't be a frumpy 40's Momma any longer! Looking forward to being a part of this FAB group! :happy:
  • lizzydora
    lizzydora Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm Lizzy, 43, new to the group. I'm looking to lose between 3 stone. I'm a total comfort eater but trying to change my ways. I've tried many diets, slimming clubs, miracle pills etc but never stuck to anything. Some weeks I would lose 2 pounds but put it back on the next week. I've lost 6 pounds so far and I've exercised on a regular basis this time. I'm looking forward to making new friends and finally losing this excess weight xx
  • Deb453
    Deb453 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Debbie and i am a 47 year old mum of 4 kids. Never had a problem with my weight until the last 18 months, when i slowly started gaining. I now need to lose at least 24lbs and am hoping to make some friends on here to motivate me to stick with it and hopefully have a laugh along the way.:happy:
  • 1971MLJ
    1971MLJ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, my name is Marie, I'm 42 years old and joined MFP on Thursday. I have to say the Food Diary has been a bit of an eye opener. Anyway I'm hoping that this site is going to help me get back to fitness as I've gradually succumbed to the dreaded middle age spread (even if I'm still 26 in my head). I've got my first session with a personal trainer tomorrow so hopefully this won't be my first and last posting. Wish me luck!
  • Box0fRain
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the group and new to MFP. I'm 42 (43 next month), mother to 1, wife to 1 :-) and I work from home. I'm always trying to lose those illusive 10 pounds and would like to lose 20 if possible.
    Thanks!
  • jeniferwills
    Options
    Hey there. I'm Jen and I am 39 right now, but I will be 40 in January. (I hope I can still be a part of this group). I have four kids ages 15, 12, and 7 year old twins. I am right now fighting for health and am about to have back surgery. I lost about 39 lbs last year but have gained back 15 since finding out that I have a bulging disk. My surgery is set for Sept. 3 and after that, I just really want to concentrate on being strong and healthy, and taking that 15 lbs. back off.

I would love to make some friends here, especially women with kids.

Jen
  • Siggyne
    Siggyne Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Lovelies. I'm 48, kids are 13 (twin girls) and 10. I was active and exercised regularly in my 20s and 30s. In my 40s somehow I didn't have time anymore, what with working and kids... you know the story! The last few years have been rough for me, and I haven't taken good care of myself.

But that's the past -- I'm looking forward to more energy, more stamina and strength, more happy hopeful positivity, and regular sized clothes! I'm feeling very optimistic. Back in the old days, I really liked healthy food - I had no interest in eating fatty food or half a loaf of bread, ice cream mayyyybe once a month.... I know I can get back to good eating habits. Same for vigorous exercise - it feels GREAT once it's a habit! I just need to re-develop those habits.

I'd really appreciate your motivation and support. I want to set a good example for my kids! And I don't want to shop in the Women's dept. anymore!!
  • chattykat0013
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the group and looking for support and encouragement on this weight loss journey. I have two kids whom are now young adults with activities of their own. I have struggled with my weight for about 18 years now. I am 42 and want to end this struggle I've had and take control of my health and weight. I am a full time nursing student and I find it really hard during the semester to stick with any type of program..(stress makes me want to eat, and being tired makes me think of excuses not to exercise) Doing it alone is hard and am hoping to make some friends here for support and encouragement.
  • ilene_marlett
    Options
    Hello-
    I'm new to MFP. I am 43 and put on 100 lbs after a car accident a couple of years ago. Now that I have been cleared to exercise, I am now struggling to loose this 100lbs. I am 43 but I feel 23 on the inside and I want that to show on the outside. I am currently eating moderate protein and low carb. My general physician has put me on a restrictive calorie diet to help with the weight loss. So far so good. I have completely changed the foods I eat. I am now very veggie and lean meat focused with small amounts of diary (Greek yoghurt). I figure this group will help me stay motivated.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been on MFP for a few but am getting more into the social aspect of it. I will be 46 soon. I've lost 29 lbs - the last 9 with the help of MFP. I've just started the 16:8 IF (Intermittent fasting/feeding) way of eating - its just day 2 so I cannot really give an opinion yet. I'm also learning to eat for nourishment instead of enjoyment.

I have a busy job and a son with a busy athletic schedule so planning my meals is taking a bit of time but is worth it. Of course, I am like everyone else - life gets in the way but we do the best we can.

• MurphDogsMom
    Options
    Hi, This group is so me! I am 44 and I am going to fight getting old as much as I can. I still feel young! Married with 1 kid who is almost 22 so I have plenty of time (except when I am at work) to have me time.
  • stacywb
    stacywb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi all- I am Stacy.. about to turn 46. I started MFP in 2008 and did it off and on for a few years w/ great results. Over the past 3 years, I became a full time wedding and lifestyle photographer which meant my 3-4 times a week tennis "career" came to an end. :) 6 months ago, I started my 4-5 mile walk/runs again but after 4 months I had ZERO results. I actually think I got fatter... I am 5'1" and around 158-160..usually at 140 I am pretty happy because I am a size 6 or 8 and feel good...right now I am pushing my 10's to the limit...and not feeling great. SO...here I am...I have to monitor my food... eating blindly in front of a computer screen while editing photo sessions isn't going to get it any more. I am also a Mom of 4 and still homeschooling the 15 and 18 year old... Thank you for your support!!!!! :)
  • naanpocen
    naanpocen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. My name is Naan and I am new here. Wife to Andrew and Mum to 8 year old Siobhan. I am working on finding the old me and hoping to make a few friends in the process :-)
  • texsgal72
    texsgal72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Y'all

My name is Patricia and I am from Houston Texas. I've had some success here. I have been battling my weight all my life. My health has been bad for 20+ years. I have had numerous operations. Too many to name. No, husband or significant others. I really love to lose more weight and gain the confidence I need to go out and date. I have not been on a date in a really long time. Anyway I know I can encourage you with your challenges as you encourage me.

:flowerforyou:
  • Leimaro
    Leimaro Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am back to MFP! I started earlier in the year and found it hard to lose any - ZERO - weight after two months. So, what came naturally was to give up on MFP. A few months later, I found my groove to losing weight (15lbs). I got a good start and now I am back to MFP! for the support to keep me on track. I turned 47 in march and determined to hit 199lbs ( a 45lb goal) by the end of the year. Wouldn't that be nice :love: My ultimate goal is to reach 155-160lbs the smallest (and looking good) I have been as an adult. Mmmm...can't wait!

So, anyone looking for partners. I'm here!
  • shadowgrrl
    shadowgrrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi all,
    Just joined, well a week ago and getting worked up into a new healthier life style. I've lost 3lbs so far and since my birthday was in there too I am pretty happy with that for the first week. I've taken up cycling 5 days a week. Looking for those on a similiar path. I have 100lbs + to lose and I hope to do it this time. I am homing mfp can get me through a wedding and the holidays without sliding back into a gaining mode. I am 44 and work part time, I sing in a choir, and I work for a pac. I've one adult child and getting married Oct 30th.. a late start to lose some weight for the honeymoon but never too late! According to the tracker I'll be down 25 by then.. hooorah!! Lets make that hapen.
  • AmbPickering
    AmbPickering Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    HI all - I'm new here. I've been using MFP on and off for well over a year now - and I am finally sick and tired of not losing weight and letting myself get back to feeling fat and unfit. I am 40 in three months.
    I'm a mum of seven, full time carer to my disabled son who is now 8 yrs - I'm just sick of making excuses now.
    I have to do this!!