100 Pushup Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    WOW! some massive percentage increases from you all - WELL DONE everybody :) My increase from the first test is minor next to all yours at 119% but am still well pleased ;)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    My fifth week and followed Week 6, Day 1, Col 2 40/50/25/25/50 one hundred and ninety in total!!!!

I'd like to thank cmeirun for starting this but right now (if I had any strength) I'd be taking a swing at her lol. (though don't condone violence of course).
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My fifth week and followed Week 6, Day 1, Col 2 40/50/25/25/50 one hundred and ninety in total!!!!

I'd like to thank cmeirun for starting this but right now (if I had any strength) I'd be taking a swing at her lol. (though don't condone violence of course).

*DUCKS*

*COUNTERS WITH WICKED RIGHT HOOK*

:laugh:

You love me, admit it :smooched:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    *DUCKS*

*COUNTERS WITH WICKED RIGHT HOOK*

:laugh:

You love me, admit it :smooched:
    Well yes, must thank you really cos not sure I'd be where I am with this if it wasn't for this thread - a great motivator so ta :)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Ermahgerd.

I think I'm going to have to shift my pushups to non-weight days...<----jello arms :P
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to shift my pushups to non-weight days...<----jello arms :P

hehe, looking at your profile pic I thought we had someone new on here ;) And yes, I've not picked up a resistance band for a couple of weeks now :(
  • cmeiron
    Options

hehe, looking at your profile pic I thought we had someone new on here ;)

Why yes, it IS someone new: SOMEONE WHO LIFTS WEIGHTS AND DOES 33 PUSHUPS LIKE A BOSS.:glasses:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome job, everyone! Love seeing all the improvements!!:heart:

I did my exhaustion test yesterday: 38. :smile: Previous test was 31. Tomorrow I'll be starting Week 5, Column 2!:happy:

I also did 5 VERY assisted negative pull-ups on my new pull up bar.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Well done on the exhaustion test brandiuntz and good luck for tomorrow :)

I've been looking at outdoor pull-up bars but not sure still - looks like hard work!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Nice work, brandi!

When I start my next round of weights (in 5 weeks) I'm going to add some pull-downs with a resistance band to simulate pullups :)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    cmeirun, are you mainly doing free weights? I got some bodylastics resistance bands, not the cheapest but highly recommended and also got free 3 months subscription to liverexercise.com - does what it says in the url and there are over 3 years worth of video exercises as well as several training programmes you can do live. My free time is over now but have signed up again.

Did my first ever resistance pressups last weeks as well :)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    cmeirun, are you mainly doing free weights? I got some bodylastics resistance bands, not the cheapest but highly recommended and also got free 3 months subscription to liverexercise.com - does what it says in the url and there are over 3 years worth of video exercises as well as several training programmes you can do live. My free time is over now but have signed up again.

Did my first ever resistance pressups last weeks as well :)

All free weights at home, yes, and just dumbbells for now because that's all I have and they'll be plenty heavy enough for a while (ours go up to 45lbs and my maxes today called for no more than 25lbs for any exercise <---puny muscles lol) - I found good dumbbell modifications for all the heavy bar lifts. We have a bunch of resistance bands though, too, that came with other programs we've used/are using (BeachBody stuff), and even a chin-up bar, which is of no use to me right now at all, what with the puny-nessl. I'll start with the bands first...baby steps :)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    *phew*

I thought about taking this week off, but I hated the idea of losing what I've gained so far!!!

Got 'er done: 17/19/15/15/22
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Week 5, Day 1. I'm following Col 2 of Week 5. 28/35/25/22/35 = 145. On the 2 long sets of 35, had to go to knees once I got into the late 20's. Whew, those hurt.:laugh:
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 5, Day 1. I'm following Col 2 of Week 5. 28/35/25/22/35 = 145. On the 2 long sets of 35, had to go to knees once I got into the late 20's. Whew, those hurt.:laugh:

Amazing! Awesome work!
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 1 - 10/12/7/7/9
    Max set: 9

Today was super tough for some reason! Maybe I wasn't warmed up enough, I don't know... the first two sets were okay enough... the the last three really made me have to work.
  • cmeiron
    Options

Today was super tough for some reason! Maybe I wasn't warmed up enough, I don't know... the first two sets were okay enough... the the last three really made me have to work.

Way to push through it!!!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Way to push through it!!!
    ^^ this
    And, am sure we all get an 'off' day sometimes and am sure today will make you stronger for the next set :)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options

Well done! I've been reduced to my knees a few times myself and also tried holding the top of a pushup for a few seconds to get my breath back.
  • shantae1125
    Options
    Im In!!! Hope its ok if i do the modified push ups though... My upper body is not that strong!!! :-)