100 Pushup Challenge

Options
cmeiron
cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
Ok folks! I've set up this thread so we can check in and encourage each other as we complete our six week 100 Pushup Challenge!

There are no obligations, but feel free to report your accomplishments (trust me, every pushup I manage will be a MAJOR personal victory) by telling us what week/day you're on and how many pushups you did. New people can join in any time, we'll just keep this puppy going as long as there is interest!

Round One starts tomorrow, Monday January 28, 2013. I'm going to do my pushups Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Let's git 'er done ladies and gents!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• cmeiron
    Options
    Don't forget to do your initial test to see which "column" you should follow for week one!

http://hundredpushups.com/test.html#sthash.lxw7OMzC.dpbs

And then follow the recommendations for the first week:

http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html#sthash.yMcey5d5.dpbs

I'll be doing column one (I'm a puny weakling lol).
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Push ups are already part of my exercise routine and I have done this program in the past although I never made it to 100 in one go. So sure, count me in. I'll do the initial test tomorrow but I'm guessing I'll probably be in the middle column. That said I will be doing knee push ups as I have a problem with one of my wrists that means full push ups are almost impossible.

Yay push ups!!

Who else is joining?
  • gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OK got it, did as many as I could last night which was 12 so I'm starting in column 3, here we go!
  • choncho007
    choncho007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will try it as well :) Not 100% sure how it works yet but I will research it a bit more :)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    YEAH! The more the merrier! Welcome to the party choncho and electric! :D
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Do you know what, count me in :) I might as well give this a go! I've not done the initial one yet, but I will do it when I get in from work and post my results. I'll have to start tomorrow properly so I can start working towards it :) brilliant idea!!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Awesome!!! You can do yours Tu, Th, Sa or something and be right there with the rest of us! :)
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    Ok, count me in! Doing pushups is part of my goal for the year. Got the app, gonna do the test and start today. Will do M, W, F.
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Day 1, Week 1: 2/3/2/2/Max-6

BOOYA.

ETA: Ha, I can feel that in my pecs/arms already, I am such a wuss!!!

ETA: Oh, and my back too!!! LOL
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I think I'll join in! My strength training days are Tues, Thurs, Sat. I do 90 pushups per session normally, but never in one set. I'll take the test and see what column I need to start at tomorrow!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    I do 90 pushups per session normally

:huh:

DAYum. You should be coaching the rest of us. :bigsmile:
  • brandiuntz
    Options

Awww, thanks!:flowerforyou: Took a long time to get there, but well worth the effort. I'm curious to see what my test brings. I'm hoping for Column 3.:happy:
  • cmeiron
    Options

Awww, thanks!:flowerforyou: Took a long time to get there, but well worth the effort. I'm curious to see what my test brings. I'm hoping for Column 3.:happy:

Something tells me that won't be an issue :P
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Week 3, Column 2 it is (21 done in test). I'll start Tues (tomorrow) and post results. Great idea, cmeirun!
  • macaya5
    macaya5 Posts: 75
    Options
    Day 1: I'm column 1. Did 12 modified (knees). Hard to keep form. Not too horrible, though.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Week one, day one: 10/12/7/7/max - 15
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Did the test yesterday and I'm in column one :(

Will be doing the actual workout tonight after work :)
  • scot1026
    Options
    Count me in. Soon as I get home from work this morning i'll give it a go.
  • gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    so when people did the last rep I take it you went until you could do no more? I used the app (android) and just did the nine for the last set (at level 3)??
  • cmeiron
    Options
    so when people did the last rep I take it you went until you could do no more? I used the app (android) and just did the nine for the last set (at level 3)??

On the printed schedule I have it says "MAX" (min #)" so I took that as go to collapse, to a minimum of the number stated. For me yesterday the min was 3 and I managed 6 before I couldn't get back up :)