100 Pushup Challenge

Options

Replies

• Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Week4, Day2, col2 20/25/20/20/28 (113). Getting brutal now and the last 5 had me on my knees (literally).
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 done total of 71 for the day
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2. Man, this one hurt.

Following Week 4, Col 2, Day 2: 20/25/20/20/29 (max). Total = 114.
  • TheTrym
    TheTrym Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    W2/D3: 5/7/5/5/17 ...faceplanted halfway to 18 XD
  • brandiuntz
    Options

:laugh: So, 17.5?
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    :laugh: So, 17.5?
    lol at the half :)

End of my second week following Week 4, Col2 and day 3 was 23/28/23/23/33 (130 total). week 5 looks brutal and day 2 moves up to eight sets!

Feeling brave now so gonna start the 150 dips in 6 weeks (but from week 1 not 3 like I did here).
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

hahahaha! Well done. :laugh:

Week 2/Day 2: 5/7/5/5/10

Ended on a strong note this week!

I'm feeling really happy about my progress so far and am looking forward to the second third of this challenge! It's been great watching you all progress, and seeing more newbs give it a try! :heart:

So, for those of you who are in the "first cohort" of challengers (i.e. those moving on to week 3 next week): don't forget to do your progress check!

From hundredpushups.com:
    Don't forget, now you've completed Week 2, it's time to take an exhaustion test. Perform as many good-form push ups as you can manage before you physically can't do another one. Make a note of how many push ups you complete, and move on to Week 3. Hope you're ready for the next level! - See more at: http://hundredpushups.com/week2.html#sthash.sqRY7gjH.a9xu7uRj.dpuf
    You should be a little stronger than you were a couple of weeks ago and able to complete considerably more push ups than your initial test.

If you managed 16-20 push ups in the latest test, follow column 1.
    If you completed between 21 & 25, column 2 is for you.
    More than 25 consecutive push ups? Excellent! You'll be following column 3.

If you're struggling with the program, don't lose heart. Some people will still be doing less than 16 consecutive push ups, but this is ok. Just repeat the week you struggled with until you're strong enough to move on to the next level - I promise it will be worth your while!

I'm going to do my test tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. Keep up the great work, everyone! :drinker:
  • raqalex
    raqalex Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This looks like a good challenge. Im a tad late, but im going to give it a shot :D
  • cmeiron
    Options
    This looks like a good challenge. Im a tad late, but im going to give it a shot :D

Fantastic! Better late than never! :D
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    I'm going to do my test tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. Keep up the great work, everyone! :drinker:

Will do my end of week test tomorrow as well and since many of us are at different levels it might be fun to work out our % increase?

A 30% increase for me would take me to 40 which would be (very) nice :)
  • cmeiron
    Options

Will do my end of week test tomorrow as well and since many of us are at different levels it might be fun to work out our % increase?

A 30% increase for me would take me to 40 which would be (very) nice :)

Cool idea! I didn't actually *do* the first test b/c I assumed I couldn't manage more than about 10 at a time, soooo...but I can get an estimate of my % based on that, and get a proper one at the end of the challenge!
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The percentage increase sounds like a great idea - I would be due to take the exhaustion test about now but instead I'm on bed rest for the time being. Doctor thinks I have either strep throat or glandular fever, I get the test results in a few days, I'm hoping for strep. I'll rejoin once I've recovered
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    I'll join you in hoping for Strep! I had GF about 20 years ago - not nice to have :(

Hehe, just worked out some % improvements, my first test was 31 so when (not if) I make it to 100 that's a 222% improvement, however, if you started with a max of 10 and get to 100 that's a 900% improvement!!! (I'd need to do 300+ pushups for that sort of % increase and that ain't gonna happen lol).

Those of us that don't like maths try this site... http://www.csgnetwork.com/percentchangecalc.html
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    Aw, Electriq, hope it's the lesser of 2 evils and you're back to things soon!

End of the second week for me. This was brutal (again). I'll do my test tomorrow so I know what Week 3 (week 5 on the program) brings me.

Week 2, Day 3. Following Week 4, Col 2, Day 3: 23/28/23/23/33 = 130.
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Awww, geez, electriq :frown: Neither sounds very nice, but yeah, strep would probably be..."better"(?)
    Either way, GET better and jump back in when you can. :flowerforyou:
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    My mistook, I thought my first exhaustion test was 31 pushups but it was 21!

Took it again and got to 41 (98% increase), I'd have loved to get that last one in for double my first test but was beat. Week 3 for me will be following the week 5 plan (8 sets start day 2!)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Well I did my test today and managed 17. I'm a little disappointed b/c I thought for sure I could make it to 20...I blame all the shovelling and incorporation of Insanity workouts this week for upper body fatigue. :tongue:

That said, I'm sure it's still an improvement! Going on the assumption that I could do 10 when I started, this translates to an estimated 70% increase! :bigsmile: :drinker:

I'll be sticking with column 1, and my modified (knee) pushups for the next section!
  • sjiphone
    sjiphone Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yay - Finished week one (level 3). Up to 57 pushups. Tomorrow will be 63. Yikes.
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 3/Day1: 10/12/7/7/9

That was a bit of a jump from last week, ai-yi-yi!!! :noway:
    Feelin' that one for sure!!!

How's everybody else doing?
  • TheTrym
    TheTrym Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    W3/D1: 10/12/7/7/10

Ow. That is all.