Options

Replies

• cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Ok, I completed Day 3 of Week 5, Col 3.

This week was a killer!

Today's pushups: 20/20/22/22/20/22/50

That really should look more like 20/20/22/22/20/22/30 :indifferent: ...35 :frown: ...42 :grumble: ...48 :sick: ...50:noway:

I think, given today's "performance" on the final set, I'll stay right where I am and call a mulligan for Week 5/Column 3. I'm not quite ready to progress to week 6 yet! BUT still happy that I managed to make it through the week. I just want to be stronger before moving on :)
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    2 days ago completed week 6 test and got to 40 woop woop

last night completed week 6 day 1 not sure what column it is cause I use the app on my iphone

here is what I did

25/30/20/15/30 total of 130

have set to redo this day tomorrow, or today if I am feeling up to it later!
  • andyisandy
    andyisandy Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    i said i was going to do this challenge awile back but I didnt. Well im going to keep my word and start today!
    Ok started and I am in column one. Just got down with day one
  • cmeiron
    Options
    i said i was going to do this challenge awile back but I didnt. Well im going to keep my word and start today!

Hey hey, welcome back to the party!
  • aekimz23
    aekimz23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job cmeirun and ronboy, and congrats newandy for getting back on the boat! :happy:

Week 3, day 3: 22/30/20/20/35. Boy, that was grueling. :sick:
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 3
    Set 1: 16
    Set 2: 18
    Set 3: 13
    Set 4: 13
    Set 5: 20
    Total: 80

Holy crap I did it!! I BARELY did it... but I did it nonetheless!!
  • lifewithmikey
    Options
    and I just wanna say I'm so proud of us for doing this and following through and seeing results!! I really am very proud of us!
  • andyisandy
    Options

Hey hey, welcome back to the party!
    ty glad to be back at it
  • cmeiron
    Options
    and I just wanna say I'm so proud of us for doing this and following through and seeing results!! I really am very proud of us!

Mikey, I'm proud as heck of all of us too :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options

Is your running training for a particular race brandiuntz? I've been under the weather the last couple of days and had a bad night (we'll leave it at that) and think I now have full blown man-flu so my 8 mile run didn't happen and doubt I'll go out tomorrow either :(

Not sure the 100g bar of chocolate was a good idea either :(

Hope you feel better! Getting sick really sucks.

I am training for a 5k race that happens in 13 days. We (I have a running partner) are also doing one in June and will start training for a 10k after this first 5k. Goal for next year is a half-marathon.

I've decided I need to take a break from the push up challenge. I've made good progress in 6 weeks, but am at a plateau, and more importantly, feel like I'm neglecting the rest of my strength training. Also, softball starts in two weeks. And, of course, running isn't going anywhere (how the hell am I going to keep up with all this?! :grumble: :sad: ).

I'm going to keep using Week 5 & 6 days as part of my strength training. Change up which column and day I use for each session. I could already feel the difference the challenge has brought to my other exercises, so I'm VERY pleased with the results. :bigsmile:

Not sure how people feel about me still posting here. I'd like to post which push ups I do on my days, but just know they'll vary and won't match the "program". After a few weeks, I may focus on the challenge again. It REALLY has made a difference, but I know I need something different. :flowerforyou:

I'm still reading everyone's progress. You are all doing so awesome. Can't say enough how great this idea was and how happy I was to join it (even if it feels like I'm quitting).
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've not be around for a few days, 'Man flu' really knocked me back so no push-ups for a few days and think I'll do an exhaustion test in the next day or so to see how far back this set me.

Congratulations to everybody for their excellent results :)

Brandiuntz, good luck on your running! I'm a lot like you and have all but given up on my strength training since getting into this and your idea of incorporating the challenge into your training is a great idea (simple idea and wish I'd thought of it lol).

Yes, please keep posting your results even if your not following the plan directly, I've officially finished the 6 weeks now so might mess around with the plan myself.
  • ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    welcome back to the challenge Andy
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Back to Day 1 of Week 5...

I did it, but honestly...

it felt like poop.

Actually, my entire workout felt like poop today :grumble: Just weak and wimpy and a struggle and blah. I think maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night or something. :frown:

I'm going to chalk it up as just a glitchy bad day and hopefully things will feel better on Monday...
  • KaseyWolf
    KaseyWolf Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    As soon as I'm cleared by surgeon, going to jump in here on this. I'll catch up! You all are doing fantastic!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    As soon as I'm cleared by surgeon, going to jump in here on this. I'll catch up! You all are doing fantastic!

Good stuff! We'll be happy to have you on board :)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options

Good stuff! We'll be happy to have you on board :)
    ^^ditto :)

Cmeirun, hope today was better and it was just an off day yesterday and your not coming down with anything?
  • andyisandy
    Options
    Ok day 2 done and did a total of 19
  • lifewithmikey
    Options
    Week 5, Day 1
    Set 1: 17
    Set 2: 19
    Set 3: 15
    Set 4: 15
    Set 5: 20

I think I figured out I need more than simply a minute between the later sets... This sure does work my arms to the point of exhaustion, I tell you what!
  • lifewithmikey
    Options
    Back to Day 1 of Week 5...

I did it, but honestly...

it felt like poop.

Actually, my entire workout felt like poop today :grumble: Just weak and wimpy and a struggle and blah. I think maybe I didn't get enough sleep last night or something. :frown:

I'm going to chalk it up as just a glitchy bad day and hopefully things will feel better on Monday...

I hear ya... I get days like that too.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Congratulations Andy & Mikey :) I'm having a few days off (recovering from flu) and think I'll create a Week 7 plan when I start again ;)