100 Pushup Challenge

Options

Replies

• ronboy1979
    ronboy1979 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow those sets of 55 look very intimidating right now!!! Condos to you for busting it out!!!!

Not my best session and things got hard(er) in sets 3 & 4 when I expected it to get easier and again took a couple of breathing breaks in the final set (holding the up position).

Week 6, day 1, col 3 45/55/35/30/55 (Total 220).

I honestly don't think many people can get to 100 straight push-ups in 6 weeks (I know I wont lol).
  • lifewithmikey
    lifewithmikey Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Finally decided to do an exhaustion test... I can do 25! For me that's a big gain considering 3 weeks ago I could only do 5! lol that's like a 400% increase, right? And I'm starting to see some chest and shoulder development as well... which is nice because I have broad shoulders anyway.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Finally decided to do an exhaustion test... I can do 25! For me that's a big gain considering 3 weeks ago I could only do 5! lol that's like a 400% increase, right? And I'm starting to see some chest and shoulder development as well... which is nice because I have broad shoulders anyway.

That is AWESOME!!! Congrats on your great gains so far!!!
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! Congrats on your great gains so far!!!
    ^^this!
    I think everybody doing this challenge will see improvements in chest and shoulders but it's so cold here am rarely down to base layer let alone topless lol ;)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Hey Mikey if you find one particular day hard just repeat it the next day, I have done that a few times sometimes just for the heck of it and sometimes because it is a little hard. Push through it and you will make it!!
    I really wish I hadn't read this and know who to blame if I redo today's set tomorrow ;)
  • ronboy1979
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 complete

13/13/15/15/12/12/10/30 total 120

Since starting have completed 1155 push-ups

Next day will redo this day followed by week 6 test!!
  • cmeiron
    Options

Congrats! You know, it's really something when you add them all up!!!! :bigsmile:
  • lifewithmikey
    Options
    Week 4, Day 1

Wow! I actually did it!!

Set 1: 12
    Set 2: 14
    Set 3: 11
    Set 4: 10
    Set 5: 16

In my head I broke them down into halves, so I would count to 5 or 7 or 8 and then count to 5,7, or 8 again. Seemed to make it a tad easier.
  • lifewithmikey
    Options
    Week 5 day 3 complete

13/13/15/15/12/12/10/30 total 120

Next day will redo this day followed by week 6 test!!

Havent tried doing that before... #inspired
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Week 4, Day 1

Wow! I actually did it!!

Set 1: 12
    Set 2: 14
    Set 3: 11
    Set 4: 10
    Set 5: 16

Nice work!!!! :bigsmile:

In my head I broke them down into halves, so I would count to 5 or 7 or 8 and then count to 5,7, or 8 again. Seemed to make it a tad easier.
    [/quote]

OMG I do this ALL the time! Shows how much of this is just a mind game :)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    So I'm repeating Week 5 this week, but doing Column 3.

Um.

There's just a TAD more reps in column 3 <<<<<< dripping sarcasm

But I did it!

36/40/30/24/42

Now explain this to me: why is it that I could only get 43 on my exhaustion test just TWO days ago, and today I'm knocking all these out??? :huh:
  • lifewithmikey
    Options
    holy crap cmelrun!! you're like... ripping this challenge apart!!
  • cmeiron
    Options
    holy crap cmelrun!! you're like... ripping this challenge apart!!

dcuc5.jpg
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Ohh, took my eye of this thread for a day and look at you all! Some big numbers flying around and who'd have thought 5-6 weeks ago we'd be posting results like these?

I too play mind games with myself and count in 10's but am worried I'll miscount and end up doing 10 too many (though am sure my body will let me know).

Cmeirun, yes, I noticed that and was thinking even a 60 second break will let you recover pretty well ;)
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Ohh, took my eye of this thread for a day and look at you all! Some big numbers flying around and who'd have thought 5-6 weeks ago we'd be posting results like these?

I too play mind games with myself and count in 10's but am worried I'll miscount and end up doing 10 too many (though am sure my body will let me know).

Cmeirun, yes, I noticed that and was thinking even a 60 second break will let you recover pretty well ;)

In fairness, I was probably taking more like 180 second breaks - I was multitasking (baking) between sets :P
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    In fairness, I was probably taking more like 180 second breaks - I was multitasking (baking) between sets :P
    My multitasking is limited to smoking whilst drinking (but not in my pushup breaks of course).
  • Ecce_Signum
    Options
    Week 6, Day 2, Col 2 22/22/30/30/24/24/18/18/58 (Total 246). I thought this was going to be easier than Day 1 because of more sets/less reps and whilst the first 8 sets were ok by #30 on the final set I was struggling so had a couple of 'breath breaks' holding the top position.

Last day of the series for me on Friday but can see me repeating weeks for quite a while!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Hi, all!

I decided to repeat Week 5, Col 2. Didn't do an exhaustion test, but also know I"m not ready to advance. The 5k training plus this challenge has me very tired this week, so just going to repeat last week's work and do a test on Sunday.

Week 6 Day 1: 28/35/25/22/35(max) = 145
  • cmeiron
    Options
    Hi, all!

I decided to repeat Week 5, Col 2. Didn't do an exhaustion test, but also know I"m not ready to advance. The 5k training plus this challenge has me very tired this week, so just going to repeat last week's work and do a test on Sunday.

Week 6 Day 1: 28/35/25/22/35(max) = 145

Nice work, and that seem like a very sound plan!
  • ronboy1979
    Options
    Redid week 5 day 3 but I personally added 30 to it.......

30/13/13/15/15/12/12/10/30 total 150