Hello Singles....tell me about yourself....

Options

Replies

• lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    @ Zach- Scared of the OCEAN? I miss that, I love it, I crave it still after being in the States for nearly 22 years! I remember growing up and cliff diving into the ocean on dares from the older brother. I loved going out on the boats and going fishing, then getting back to shore, cleaning our own fish and roasting them over a pit of fire! I swim like a fish and taught my neice and nephew how to swim, that is why every where I move I need a pool.

Also, yes I am "sensitive', it's sometimes a good feeling but mostly for me I don't like it. I see things when I don't want to and that scares the crap out of me still. I have never been 'ghost hunting' and maybe I would like it..not sure.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

- I am scared of the Ocean. For some reason I hate the idea of being in a body of water that big (basically I can handle the beach but I don't want to be on a boat in the ocean).

Meeee toooo!!! I travelled across the Atlantic when I was 5 and one of the boys got lost and everyone started shouting 'overboard'. I was very scared. And I've hated the thought of ocean liners ever since. I'd never go on a cruise!

I dont mind speed boats, fishing etc, but I have to always be able to see the shore, otherwise I freak!
    - I cannot stand open doors, I make sure I close them. For some reason they drive me nuts.

I'm the opposite!!!! :laugh: I dont like closed door!. Not OCD about it, but I like to see what's going on on the other side of a door!!

We would have fun living in the same house!!!! :laugh:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

- I am scared of the Ocean. For some reason I hate the idea of being in a body of water that big (basically I can handle the beach but I don't want to be on a boat in the ocean).

Meeee toooo!!! I travelled across the Atlantic when I was 5 and one of the boys got lost and everyone started shouting 'overboard'. I was very scared. And I've hated the thought of ocean liners ever since. I'd never go on a cruise!

I dont mind speed boats, fishing etc, but I have to always be able to see the shore, otherwise I freak!
    - I cannot stand open doors, I make sure I close them. For some reason they drive me nuts.

I'm the opposite!!!! :laugh: I dont like closed door!. Not OCD about it, but I like to see what's going on on the other side of a door!!

We would have fun living in the same house!!!! :laugh:
    I love the water, I think I may have been a fish in a former life. I also think I may have been conceived on a boat.

But I don't like closed doors either, my house is pretty small and I always leave my doors open to make it seem bigger. I think closed doors are only for hiding things or for closets.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    "pursuing your passion" is usually a one way ticket to poverty!

That's so depressing!

I accepted when I started pursuing zoology that I would probably never get rich but I would make enough to pay the bills and I would be happy. Means more to me than a fat bank account.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    The ocean is my favorite place to be.....I could never move away from CT because I need the ocean close by:flowerforyou:

I am happiest when doing anything that has to do with the water, boating, swimming, beaching, etc :smile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Not a story this time, but some VERY random facts about myself:

- When I was a kid I was a huge 4H nerd, and I also trained and showed dogs. (I also showed ducks and geese as well).

So was I. I went to the state fair with my rabbit. I was also a 4h clown and walked in parades and went to retirement homes. I even used to know how to make balloon animals.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    The ocean is my favorite place to be.....I could never move away from CT because I need the ocean close by:flowerforyou:

I am happiest when doing anything that has to do with the water, boating, swimming, beaching, etc :smile:

There are other states with ocean close by!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

There are other states with ocean close by!

Good point, and I could live in those if ocean was within 1 hour, BUT in CT we have cottage steps away from the ocean (well, LI sound, anyway)
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

That's so depressing!

I accepted when I started pursuing zoology that I would probably never get rich but I would make enough to pay the bills and I would be happy. Means more to me than a fat bank account.

I wouldn't take it that way, to be honest you may be very successful in your profession, I just personally dont like taking chances. Keep in mind that is just my opinion. I am sure there are cases of people shooting for the stars and being successful.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    lol I love the ocean ... Its everything else about it I hate... I live in south FL watch enough shark week(love shark week) and you'll see all those beuatiful hammerheads migrating off the coast here.... I see it on the news lol.... Also found out that fl is the number 1 spot for shark bites a few years ago mostly d/t baby hammerheads.... I like my water in the pool lol.... Also I hate sand absoulitly hate it it gets everywhere grrrrr........

My strangest claim to fame is that I read anywhere upwards of 2 pages a minute and can recall 90% ish of what I read years later... I was great at test and oral book reports. Funnily enough with as much as I read I have horrible spelling due to a slight case of Dsylexia.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

That's so depressing!

I wouldn't take it that way, to be honest you may be very successful in your profession, I just personally dont like taking chances. Keep in mind that is just my opinion. I am sure there are cases of people shooting for the stars and being successful.

I guess I just believed that if you truly love something, you'll work hard to be good at it, so even if you aren't naturally talented hard work will carry you. On top of that, I think the ultimate goal in life is to be happy, and if I'm miserable with a career that I chose for money, what's the point? So I don't really see my career choice as taking a chance... But it might be different in economics, I've never explored that as a career option, haha!
  • zachatta
    Options

That's so depressing!

I guess I just believed that if you truly love something, you'll work hard to be good at it, so even if you aren't naturally talented hard work will carry you. On top of that, I think the ultimate goal in life is to be happy, and if I'm miserable with a career that I chose for money, what's the point? So I don't really see my career choice as taking a chance... But it might be different in economics, I've never explored that as a career option, haha!

You are viewing it as an black and white case.

I always consider that even if you love something, a job is a job. An example:
    Let us say (this will probably never happen) I was hired to work for a gaming company doing programming.
    I love games, and like coding. However coming up with the math, and setting up the systems for games is VERY HARD work.

So even if I love it, it is still a job. There is always good things and bad things with every job. However, if you are pursuing a career with little to no demand (I am not accusing your pursuit as having zero demand, the demand is simply less than Computer Science, although that is an assumption but I am fairly confident it probably is) it is going to be difficult to find a job in what your "dreams" are.

So my argument is (again, for myself I don't tell other people how to live) why wouldn't I do something that I like, maybe not as much as economics, and have greater job security, then take a chance at having no employment. (Keep in mind I am NOT SAYING that economics has zero demand. What I am saying is Computer Science (programmers usually) is a hot field because people don't like it. Therefore better pay and a better chance of finding employment.)
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

That's so depressing!

Let us say (this will probably never happen) I was hired to work for a gaming company doing programming.
    I love games, and like coding. However coming up with the math, and setting up the systems for games is VERY HARD work.

So even if I love it, it is still a job. There is always good things and bad things with every job. However, if you are pursuing a career with little to no demand (I am not accusing your pursuit as having zero demand, the demand is simply less than Computer Science, although that is an assumption but I am fairly confident it probably is) it is going to be difficult to find a job in what your "dreams" are.

So my argument is (again, for myself I don't tell other people how to live) why wouldn't I do something that I like, maybe not as much as economics, and have greater job security, then take a chance at having no employment. (Keep in mind I am NOT SAYING that economics has zero demand. What I am saying is Computer Science (programmers usually) is a hot field because people don't like it. Therefore better pay and a better chance of finding employment.)

Nooo I didn't mean to come across as though I was posing a "happy" or "unhappy" view. Just that if someone pursues their passion no matter how frustrated they can get at times if they're working at something they love overall the percentage of happy is in their favor. For example, I love my dog. Sometimes he really pisses me off. It's the nature of pet ownership. But overall I adore him and love having him in my life. See what I was talking about? Nothing black and white about it :)

I do have to admit I misread what you originally stated. I missed the part where you said you enjoyed coding too so my point is moot! My comments were more geared toward someone that was intentionally pursuing something they didn't care about in order to have a decent job.
  • zachatta
    Options

That's so depressing!

Nooo I didn't mean to come across as though I was posing a "happy" or "unhappy" view. Just that if someone pursues their passion no matter how frustrated they can get at times if they're working at something they love overall the percentage of happy is in their favor. For example, I love my dog. Sometimes he really pisses me off. It's the nature of pet ownership. But overall I adore him and love having him in my life. See what I was talking about? Nothing black and white about it :)

I do have to admit I misread what you originally stated. I missed the part where you said you enjoyed coding too so my point is moot! My comments were more geared toward someone that was intentionally pursuing something they didn't care about in order to have a decent job.

Well reality still says that if you cannot eat, it doesn't matter how much you love your job, you are still not eating. You will not be happy.

Aside from that, different mentalities i suppose. Do what you do :)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I hate my job. Because of my job I think I'm going to have my tubes tied.

I now have 3 cats instead of 2.5... We've decided to keep Satan.

I also wanted to share that today I leg pressed over 300 lbs. I blacked out for a second after my 2nd set, but I was DAMN PROUD.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Well reality still says that if you cannot eat, it doesn't matter how much you love your job, you are still not eating. You will not be happy.

Aside from that, different mentalities i suppose. Do what you do :)

I think you're too bogged down in literalism to get what I'm sayin' but in essence we agree so that's that :laugh:

Sam - Awesome on the leg presses and I'm glad things are working out with the kitties!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Random fact - I can say the alphabet backwards...............and type it..............fast

zyxwvutsrqponmlkijhgfedcba !!!

da naaaaaaaaa!

try it!! lol
  • zachatta
    Options
    I hate my job. Because of my job I think I'm going to have my tubes tied.

I now have 3 cats instead of 2.5... We've decided to keep Satan.

I also wanted to share that today I leg pressed over 300 lbs. I blacked out for a second after my 2nd set, but I was DAMN PROUD.

Nice job, I have had days like that. Feels good!

@Anna lol I would but I would just copy paste your response :P
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I had a colorful childhood....was always getting into trouble and was quite the vagabond. I was known for being sent on errands to buy groceries and instead spending money on whatever I wanted and then not coming back until the following day.

On this particular day, my mom has sent me to go buy tortillas so that we could have a traditional Mexican meal called Mole. Being that mole is one of my favorite meals, I dashed off to go buy the freshly made tortillas. In my excitement, I failed to look both ways when crossing street to get back to my house. Took one step onto the street and WHAM, a truck slams into me...tortillas go flying one way I go flying the other. I immediately stood up and took off running (when you were in trouble as much as I was, your first reaction is guilt and don't get your *kitten* beat). I ran into the store front of my father's business, we lived in the back. Upon entering the kitchen I sit down at the table...mother, "where's the tortillas?" Me, "uuhhhmmm....I dropped them" (this while looking out to the front of the business). My mom...grabs broom and proceeds to beat me with while telling me that she was sick and tired of having me spend the money on what I wanted.

While in process of getting beat, the man driving the truck runs into the kitchen and of course, he is white as a ghost, tells my mother to stop punishing me. Upon hearing that I just got run over, my mom runs to the cupboard and grabs the can of Crisco (lard) and then starts smearing the lard all over my face. I am fighting her off wondering WTF!! She then lets go of me and goes back to cupboard, grabs the jar of sugar along with a huge ladle. She then grabs me by the head, forces my mouth open and shoves two huge ladle full of sugar.

Of course the man is appalled...stunned into silence. I'm kicking and screaming...chaos.

To this day, I ask my mother why she did that...she says she didn't know what else to do. I can't see a can of Crisco nor a ladle without feeling a cold chill run up my spine.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I had a colorful childhood....was always getting into trouble and was quite the vagabond. I was known for being sent on errands to buy groceries and instead spending money on whatever I wanted and then not coming back until the following day.

Snip

To this day, I ask my mother why she did that...she says she didn't know what else to do. I can't see a can of Crisco nor a ladle without feeling a cold chill run up my spine.

What... the *kitten*? O__________O;;;

Is this real life?