February 6 week 6 pack!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Haha okay, good to know! Not that you having balance issues is a good thing but I'm glad to know someone else out there had a similar problem. Level 2 is really tough but I'm hoping that just means I'm working harder and will get even better results!

Have you completed level 2 yet/what are your results so far?

This is actually my last week...it basically looks like my entire midsection was corseted. I was about 114 pounds to begin with so I didn't really bother taking measurements, but I'll definitely post pictures once I'm done.

Nice! That sounds actually really successful haha. Would love to see photos when you're done!
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Final results:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/roseinthegutter/absprogress031013_zpsd7076180.jpg

(the picture is too long and gets cut off, and I can't figure out how to make this into a hyperlink!)

I did each level for 3 weeks, and wound up doing it 4 times a week (that's just how my schedule worked out). Also took a week off between level 1 and level 2 because my schedule was just insane. Normal eating stuff blah blah etc.

I love the results and will totally do this again in a few weeks when it's a bit closer to summer. I still have pretty terrible balance but at least I'll look good falling on my *kitten*.
  • danahouseholderr
    Options
    Final results:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/roseinthegutter/absprogress031013_zpsd7076180.jpg

(the picture is too long and gets cut off, and I can't figure out how to make this into a hyperlink!)

I did each level for 3 weeks, and wound up doing it 4 times a week (that's just how my schedule worked out). Also took a week off between level 1 and level 2 because my schedule was just insane. Normal eating stuff blah blah etc.

I love the results and will totally do this again in a few weeks when it's a bit closer to summer. I still have pretty terrible balance but at least I'll look good falling on my *kitten*.

Amazing! I can really see a difference. Haha and yeah definitely agree with you on the last part. Congrats on finishing!
  • blueboxblues
    Options
    Amazing! I can really see a difference. Haha and yeah definitely agree with you on the last part. Congrats on finishing!

Thanks! I started a weight lifting-focused DVD yesterday, and it's so weird to not have Jillian yelling at me...the woman on this DVD is so soft spoken, I think I might do 30DS just because!
  • danahouseholderr
    Options

Thanks! I started a weight lifting-focused DVD yesterday, and it's so weird to not have Jillian yelling at me...the woman on this DVD is so soft spoken, I think I might do 30DS just because!

Haha I bet. I'm afraid to switch from any Jillian DVD because I love her approach so much! What DVD did you start? I'm really looking to get more into strength training but wasn't sure if that was possible with a DVD.
  • blueboxblues
    Options
    Haha I bet. I'm afraid to switch from any Jillian DVD because I love her approach so much! What DVD did you start? I'm really looking to get more into strength training but wasn't sure if that was possible with a DVD.

It's a Kelly Coffey-Meyer DVD...I am PRETTY sure it's this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/30-Minutes-To-Fitness-Coffey-Meyer/dp/B00170C15O/

My husband has been using it for ages and I figured I ought to try something different. It's alright, all things take getting used to. It isn't nearly as heavy on cardio; I wasn't sweating profusely at the end, but there are different workouts programmed onto it that splices up the routines (they suddenly have different clothes, haha). I'm going to stick with this for a bit and see how I like it - also I have to get back on the treadmill and "train" for a half-marathon...HA.

I order The New Rules of Lifting for Women today (http://www.amazon.com/New-Rules-Lifting-Women-Goddess/dp/1583333398)...I read so many positive reviews, and it has workouts that are basically like DO THIS ON THIS DAY which is exactly what I need. Can't wait to try it out!
  • danahouseholderr
    Options

It's a Kelly Coffey-Meyer DVD...I am PRETTY sure it's this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/30-Minutes-To-Fitness-Coffey-Meyer/dp/B00170C15O/

My husband has been using it for ages and I figured I ought to try something different. It's alright, all things take getting used to. It isn't nearly as heavy on cardio; I wasn't sweating profusely at the end, but there are different workouts programmed onto it that splices up the routines (they suddenly have different clothes, haha). I'm going to stick with this for a bit and see how I like it - also I have to get back on the treadmill and "train" for a half-marathon...HA.

I order The New Rules of Lifting for Women today (http://www.amazon.com/New-Rules-Lifting-Women-Goddess/dp/1583333398)...I read so many positive reviews, and it has workouts that are basically like DO THIS ON THIS DAY which is exactly what I need. Can't wait to try it out!

I'll definitely check these out! That book actually sounds really awesome because I'm really looking into weight training and the "do this on this day" thing is also really what I'm looking for. Let me know how that goes!
  • SILVERWOLF93
    SILVERWOLF93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see others are doing 6w6p too alot of threads are for 30DS.. I was worried i was going to get bored and lose motivation so ive been doing 6w6p on MWF and other workouts on Tues and Thurs. so Sat i stuck in 30DS and Tues and Thurs are going to be 30DS. I'm in week 2..i know i have a long way to go. I can't really notice any changes as of yet so its kinda sad. the side planks are the worst. moved myself up to a 5lb weight now. when i started i had absolutely no upper body strength, but have gained some with all the planks and push ups in both videos.

I'm just getting back on this site so if anyone wants more friends add me :-)
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I got really sick as I was beginning level 2 of 6w6p so I had to take it easy for a while. I had gotten out of the habit of exercise for over a month, but plan to go back to 6w6p soon. I am currently doing RI30 week 1 and really like that for now.

Yes, the side planks are the worst in 6w6p! After 3 weeks on level 1, I still could not get the hang of them, but I could hold them a tad better then the first time I tried them