Game of Thrones

Options
1235»

Replies

• ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    On a slightly unrelated note -- I was thinking the other night and can't decide who my favorite B-Lister is between Jorah Mormont and Bron. Jorah (especially TV Jorah) is SO MANLY. But Bronn is a badass as well.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Sigh...I love Daenerys, can't wait to see her kick some butt with her dragons. I haven't read the books, so don't tell me if she gets beheaded or something, I don't wanna know!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I've found myself wondering about Margaery Tyrell. In the books she isn't a point-of-view character so everything she does is seen through (usually) Cersei's eyes. Cersei sees her as a nuisance and a threat, though while reading (at least to me), Margaery seemed very good-natured and had a good heart. The show makes her out to be a minx. She just looks mischievous. Her facial expressions seem calculated... I don't know how to take her.

Thoughts?
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I've found myself wondering about Margaery Tyrell. In the books she isn't a point-of-view character so everything she does is seen through (usually) Cersei's eyes. Cersei sees her as a nuisance and a threat, though while reading (at least to me), Margaery seemed very good-natured and had a good heart. The show makes her out to be a minx. She just looks mischievous. Her facial expressions seem calculated... I don't know how to take her.

Thoughts?

She is totally calculating. She is the Queen of Thorns protege. Cersei maybe increasingly paranoid but the Tyrells are definitely looking for power.

By the way, last night's episode may be their best yet.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Thoughts?

Natalie Dormer is very...minx-y. I think she brought that to the table naturally when she plays Margaery.

As to the character herself, I think she does have ambition, and is willing to pull Joffrey's strings till she is Queen, but I think she genuinely cares about other people and wants to better her realm (and herself in the process!).

Maybe someone who has read the books could enlighten us, but that's what I've picked up so far.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I have really *not* loved that change from the books. Probably doesn't help that I don't like Natalie Dormer, but I think making her into a transparent calculator is not as good as having us wonder in the back of our minds whether Margaery is really the ingenue she is painted as in the books. I enjoyed thinking she was perhaps smarter than she got credit for because nobody thinks good people are clever--but still good at heart. Now I just think she's a bit of a slutweasel who might not be much of an improvement over Cersei in the end (although I love her brilliant granny, Diana Rigg!).

On another board someone said they pictured Margaery as a different actress from The Tudors, Sarah Bolger, and that matched up perfectly with the image I had of Margaery.