What do you bring to work to eat during the day?

Options
13»

Replies

• rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I eat a piece of fruit, greek yogurt & sliced almonds or walnuts for a snack. For lunch I generally will have 2-3 ounces of grilled chicken with brown rice & green beans or carrots/celery. It generally satisfies me. I also bring hard boiled eggs, remove the yolks, use a little mustard and eat it with a rice cake. I also like the single serving sized salmon or tuna with a slice of bread.
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    How do you take an omelet to work and store it until you are ready to eat it?

I make my omlette's the night before in a 7 inch pan. I refrigeratorate them until I am ready to leave for work. I mircowave them for about 2 minutes and they are good. I generally put lots of veggies in mine and about 1/8 cup of cheese.

I also make protien pancakes the night before - 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats, 1/4 blueberries - I put the ingredients in a blender then pour into a 7 inch pan. I heat them or eat them cold. I top them with either Agave or greek yogurt. Yum!
  • thepinkpacker
    thepinkpacker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Love the ideas. Definitely going to try the omelette wrap and the protein pancakes.
    Thanks Ladies. I have to bring all my food to work usually five to six meals.

I work on trains and usually 12 hour shifts... So I am always looking for new better alternatives.
  • thepinkpacker
    thepinkpacker Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat bread you can make a very thin omelett to wrap things in. It actually works very well and is easy to transport and eat too. Here's an example:

http://aww.ninemsn.com/food/cookbooks/848129/omelette-wrap

Thanks so much for this tip...I tried it today with Ham and cheese....delicious! I am excited to see what other things I can try. :)
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat bread you can make a very thin omelett to wrap things in. It actually works very well and is easy to transport and eat too. Here's an example:

http://aww.ninemsn.com/food/cookbooks/848129/omelette-wrap

Thanks so much for this tip...I tried it today with Ham and cheese....delicious! I am excited to see what other things I can try. :)

Glad you liked it! It's perfect to have some in the fridge and you can fill them with almost anything.