beginner strength training

Options
2»

Replies

• heidi555
    heidi555 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    thanks SO MUCH i'm excited about this :)
    Kettle ball looks cool and Cathe F. with STS looks like an intense goal lol
  • Danielle817
    Danielle817 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    For many of the younger set and others who've maintained a healthy lifestyle most of their adult years, free weights and bar weights are probably ideal. Just start using less "heavy" weights when you begin.

However, I don't think I'll ever be able to truly "lift heavy" or use a weighted bar.

In the past 25 years, I have gained a lot of weight and let my physical condition decline. Over time, I've lost a good deal of strength and the past two years I've lost a ton of muscle mass and have become an old, fat weakling.

I am determined to regain some of the lost muscle so I've started using resistance tubes (bands). They are affordable (about $12 each), convenient to use at home or when traveling, and are (in my limited opinion) safer for us weaklings who might otherwise drop a barbell on our toes.

I would whole-heartedly recommend resistance bands for anyone who cannot afford weights and don't yet feel they are ready for the gym.
  • jtmurph7
    Options
    This is great info..I lift weights already, but I am going to start heavy lifting I was not sure where to start this is going to help.