status updates

Options
pa_jorg
pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
Since the board has been quiet lately, I thought it might be a good idea to see where everyone is at in their singledom adventure!
So, who's dating, who has a bf/gf, how long, what's the deal? Anyone new on the horizon, etc. etc.....

Still single here and no good prospects right now. So, let me live vicariously through y'all peeps!

Replies

• shae68143
    shae68143 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Still single, but have 2 "friends" that keep me company when needed. No new prospects, but not turning any down should they come along either :)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Still single, not really looking... but there might be an interest in someone. Though it'll be a bit before anything comes of it. :wink:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    "Seeing" one guy (almost 2 months of 1x week) which may change after tonight, and 3 on horizon that I am willing to meet if guy I am seeing flakes :)
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Single and looking but zero prospects since I pretty much go from home to work and back again :sad:
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Been seeing the same guy for about 9 months but I'm starting to really miss being single. I want more time for myself and to be more selfish and less giving. Is that terrible? Meh, I don't really care either way. Sometimes I feel like his mother. And that's a terrible feeling.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Dating the same guy since July 2012 - share an apartment. Everything is going REALLY well.

I still consider myself single until I'm married and since I have no plans of that EVER happening, I'll be a part of SP for awhile!
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've been dating an amazing guy for about 7 months now. We met on POF. He lives about an hour away so we see each other on the weekends. (the weekends the kids are here, he drives back and forth both days....when the kids are with their dad, he just stays here....) I've never been happier in my life!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Single ..... Several prospect that I've met online and I have plans to meet with a couple of them soon.......
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like his mother. And that's a terrible feeling.

I know that feel, that was exactly how my marriage went. I had to raise my ex wife.

Casually seeing someone as a friend. It is a nice arrangement.

Have no intentions of relationships anytime soon.

Also to note, this board is quiet now simply because many men have either quit or just stopped expressing any opinions.

Hence the posts, convos generally limit themselves to gossip in the confession thread, lawl.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I just got out of a tortuously long relationship (almost THREE WHOLE MONTHS!) and am enjoying being single again. I learned a few lessons and am moving on.
    :)

Edit: She was actually quite a great girl, we were just looking for different dynamics. For a relationship to work for me, I would need someone incredibly independent and not looking to fill a hole in their life, which seems to be a common theme I encounter.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    WOW! It's been awhile since I've been on here.

I'm still with the same guy (almost 2 yrs now minus 2 break ups). It's been a rocky road, but I stay because I see in him what he doesn't see in himself.

A week ago I would have told you our relationship was strained because of his aging mother being in the hospital and now needs full time care. I have since changed my perspective..Our relationship has the opportunity to grow stronger as we work together to help her. I've gotten frustrated with his sister's for their lack of wanting to help more, but I had a friend tell me that if I focus on what I feel I should be doing, and not worry about them, I will come out the better person for knowing I did what I felt I should have done. After all, this is NOT about them.

I just want to wish all of you well in your journey to better health AND better relationships.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I would need someone incredibly independent and not looking to fill a whole in their life,

WRONG HOLE
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    I would need someone incredibly independent and not looking to fill a whole in their life,

WRONG HOLE

Dammit, I see what I did there. And I see what YOU did there.

To her benefit, that is definitely something she had no issue with.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

WRONG HOLE

SNAP! To her benefit, that is definitely something she had no issue with.

You win this round....
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

WRONG HOLE

And you let her go? WTF?
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

WRONG HOLE

And you let her go? WTF?

He prefers girls with no holes to fill
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    He prefers girls with no holes to fill

Well this sure went downhill quickly, didn't it?
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    And you let her go? WTF?

I know, I could have kept her strung along for quite a while. I'm not sure how the hell it happened, but at some point in life I developed a sense of morals. It's really annoying and putting a major dent in my sex life.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    And you let her go? WTF?

I know, I could have kept her strung along for quite a while. I'm not sure how the hell it happened, but at some point in life I developed a sense of morals. It's really annoying and putting a major dent in my sex life.

If sleeping wih her stops you from sleeping with yourself ... wait I thought that was the purpose of stringing someone along. I don't know how to finish this.
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    If sleeping wih her stops you from sleeping with yourself ... wait I thought that was the purpose of stringing someone along. I don't know how to finish this.

It gets worse. She stopped by the other day to pick up her things and asked me for a ride downtown. To the bikini waxing shop for an appointment. Then asked if I wanted to grab lunch.

I said no thanks, I just ate.