MARCH CUTS or BULKS

Options
2»

Replies

• karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I don't think 15 is too low either - I am @ 16.15 and i still have my "pooch" however, if you aren't competing, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just focus on loosing the right way (which seems to be what your doing) - as in not just low calories alone (which =s of course, muscle loss as well as fat loss) and see what your measurements say when you get your body looking in the mirror where you want it. Then you will always have a set weight / bf% you want to aim for to maintain...

As far as maint., goes, i think if you let your diet slack you'll have to keep your gym routine up & vice versa. Diet alone = maintaince; gym alone = maintaince; together they = progress (that's what i've always gone by at least).
  • vlmcwilliams
    vlmcwilliams Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just jumped on the electric scale that had me at 33% bf at the start of the month; down to 31.2% with 1 week to go. Lost approx 1.3kgs so down to 68.7kg (151lbs) now from 70kg (154lbs)
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Checking in with 1 week to go!

Weight at 154.6 and BF 22.5

I finally found a place near me with a bod pod and I'm planning to get in there next month to get the true bf% reading. I've been using a handheld which I know is inaccurate but I figure as long as I'm always measuring the same way at least I see progress. Will be interesting to see how the numbers compare.

And to the above comment I don't think 15% is too low, from what I see around forums most very athletic women seem to be around 15% bf or slightly lower if they are competing. Now that's certainly lower than average but at this point in our society average is over weight, something like 5'3 and a size 14 if I remember correctly. Perhaps you should see if you can have one of the more accurate measurements done if you're concerned about it and maybe even discuss it with a doctor. May help put your mind at ease.

I might look for a bod pod. I am not looking to compete, I'm more looking to be healthy but happy with my looks as well., I remember at 155lbs I was not eating healthy to maintain it. 165 was an easy to reach goal and would put me around 20% bf. Right now my messurements are 37-29-45 26.7% bf and a 183lbs, (sz14/15) last time I was 155 I was 36-27-42 (18 years old) and size 11/12 so am getting towards that again olbviously but need to figure a healthy maintainable weight as I don't want to live in the gym to mantain 2 days gym, 2 days outside fun things is my goal. Due t large hip bone structure I'm always going to be a bit off.

Can I ask how tall you are? I'm guessing from your measurements and sizes that we may be a similar height, I'm 5'7. An I agree its about finding a good maintainable weight that makes you happy! Personally, I'm a gym rat :smile: so I'm quite happy to go 6 days a week.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

I finally found a place near me with a bod pod and I'm planning to get in there next month to get the true bf% reading. I've been using a handheld which I know is inaccurate but I figure as long as I'm always measuring the same way at least I see progress. Will be interesting to see how the numbers compare.

And to the above comment I don't think 15% is too low, from what I see around forums most very athletic women seem to be around 15% bf or slightly lower if they are competing. Now that's certainly lower than average but at this point in our society average is over weight, something like 5'3 and a size 14 if I remember correctly. Perhaps you should see if you can have one of the more accurate measurements done if you're concerned about it and maybe even discuss it with a doctor. May help put your mind at ease.

I might look for a bod pod. I am not looking to compete, I'm more looking to be healthy but happy with my looks as well., I remember at 155lbs I was not eating healthy to maintain it. 165 was an easy to reach goal and would put me around 20% bf. Right now my messurements are 37-29-45 26.7% bf and a 183lbs, (sz14/15) last time I was 155 I was 36-27-42 (18 years old) and size 11/12 so am getting towards that again olbviously but need to figure a healthy maintainable weight as I don't want to live in the gym to mantain 2 days gym, 2 days outside fun things is my goal. Due t large hip bone structure I'm always going to be a bit off.

Can I ask how tall you are? I'm guessing from your measurements and sizes that we may be a similar height, I'm 5'7. An I agree its about finding a good maintainable weight that makes you happy! Personally, I'm a gym rat :smile: so I'm quite happy to go 6 days a week.

I am the same height as you. I hate being inside I love hiking and being busy but with 3 kids I nanny for 10 hour days right now I am lucky they have half day school and it lets me get myself outside and to the gym but come summer I am going to have to work on stricter diet and getting in more kid friendly (walking, swimming type things) workouts as well.

When I mean unhealthy at 155 I was maybe eating 1000 calories a day and in school with gym and sports so it was not at all a healthy weight for me to be at.

See everything I read says under like 18-20% for women is too low, it is funky to hear you all saying it is fine. I guess it might also be per person for when there body decided nope this is too low.
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

I am the same height as you. I hate being inside I love hiking and being busy but with 3 kids I nanny for 10 hour days right now I am lucky they have half day school and it lets me get myself outside and to the gym but come summer I am going to have to work on stricter diet and getting in more kid friendly (walking, swimming type things) workouts as well.

When I mean unhealthy at 155 I was maybe eating 1000 calories a day and in school with gym and sports so it was not at all a healthy weight for me to be at.

See everything I read says under like 18-20% for women is too low, it is funky to hear you all saying it is fine. I guess it might also be per person for when there body decided nope this is too low.

I've always read / heard this scale:
    obese: 26+ %
    Acceptable: 18-25%
    Fitness: 14-17%
    Athlete: 6-13%
    Essential: 2-4%
    for woman - As stated before, I think it depends on the person too; I've got a friend in fitness who measures using my calipers / website & it tells her she's around 13% - but she doesn't look as lean as me @ approx 15% - she's also close to 6 ft. Not to mention, depending upon your method, your results may be higher or lower - so I say pick a method you like & just go until YOU are comfortable with the results.

I will maintain about where I"m at now - but i'd like to get lower to see if i can get a six pack - which i believe might need to be about 10-12% for me, as per how i've been leaning out thus far...
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Yes, I've also seen a similar scale. And you make a good point that depending on how you measure your results will be different. Nothing we're measuring is really accurate unless you have one of those body scans done.

I just wanted to bring up the height and weight thing to point out that it doesn't have to be unhealthy. I've been unhealthy at this weight too, eating around 1000 calories a day, stuggling to keep the weight down and barely squeezing into a size 10. Now I'm a healthy 155, losing weight eating 1800-2000 calories per day and my size 8's are starting to get loose. The numbers really don't mean that much as long as you're healthy. I track them to track progress, not necessarily because I want a particular number. I want to look a certain way and I will let the numbers fall where they may when I achieve that.