November 2013 Babies

Options

Replies

• jgrodzicki
    jgrodzicki Posts: 83
    Options
    Ha - that's awesome! It really is the most amazing feeling ever! :) Last week my husband was finally able to feel the baby from the outside - it's so much fun to share that experience!

Feeling pretty good this week. Trying to keep moving, but that really only means a walk here and there.
  • ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, and last night, my husband felt it too. VERY exciting stuff. ;)

I finally cracked open my Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project DVD this weekend...my buns are SORE!
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Found out we're having another girl! That makes 3 girls for us, and I'm closing the baby factory for good!

Hubby bought me a new tire for the Mag Trainer last night (I think he was tired of hearing me complain about trying to walk in 100 degree heat!), and it kicked my butt to ride my mountain bike with the same gear settings I'm usually fine with. Had to slow down several times to ease some thigh cramping, but I managed to complete 35 minutes before I threw in the towel for the night. Now I just need to figure out calories. I've been trying to be conscious about what goes in my mouth, but I haven't been logging and I was upset to find out at my 20 week appointment that I'm up 19 pounds total. I still have 19 weeks to go and my OB didn't want me to gain over 25 if possible, and I know I've taken in more calories than is acceptable on some days. Time to be diligent about logging!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday weekend... I fell off the radar because we were camping (for the first time with our almost 22 month old son) - it was a blast though!
    Found out we're having another girl! That makes 3 girls for us, and I'm closing the baby factory for good!

Hubby bought me a new tire for the Mag Trainer last night (I think he was tired of hearing me complain about trying to walk in 100 degree heat!), and it kicked my butt to ride my mountain bike with the same gear settings I'm usually fine with. Had to slow down several times to ease some thigh cramping, but I managed to complete 35 minutes before I threw in the towel for the night. Now I just need to figure out calories. I've been trying to be conscious about what goes in my mouth, but I haven't been logging and I was upset to find out at my 20 week appointment that I'm up 19 pounds total. I still have 19 weeks to go and my OB didn't want me to gain over 25 if possible, and I know I've taken in more calories than is acceptable on some days. Time to be diligent about logging!

Looks like you definitely have the right idea. I have not even tried riding a bike - my belly is already too big! haha! But I try to go for walks and get on my treadmill if it is too hot outside. Still not easy to get into a routine :-\

I've got my 24 week apt on Wednesday - doc was chastising me last time for not gaining ENOUGH! Ugh... hopefully I didn't try to appease her too well or else I'll be up quite a bit by then! As it stands, I have only gained a couple of pounds. I'm really hoping to keep it at no more than a pound per week for the rest of the pregnancy! About 17.5 weeks to go!

Oh and congrats on your girl! I'm sure your other two girls are thrilled ;)
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi! I'm due Nov 24th!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Hi! I'm due Nov 24th!

Welcome Nan199678 :) And congrats!
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Welcome, Nan199678!

Ladies, I have been SO lazy lately. It's been really hot here, and I have been alternately sleeping like a rock, and hardly sleeping at all, so I haven't been getting up for my workouts. I feel so blah! Motivate me!!!
  • nan199678
    nan199678 Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome ladies! I stay and am motivated by a few things. My desire to eventually wear my old clothes & feel comfortable & happy in my skin. My daughter that's almost 2 & my newest baby girl on the way. My frustration w life in a few areas & feeling like this is something I can control, now. Lastly, I really want a VBAC & feel pretty confident that my prenatal exercises will help my chances.

What motivates you guys? So many of my friends are like 'just eat whatever you want, you're pregnant'. Even tho I'm already so overweight. That's just nuts to me.
  • ajzmann
    Options
    Eh, people don't get it. Eat what you want is all fine and good, but then 9-10 months later, you have to deal with that. To me, that's not fun.

I got my bum out of bed this morning and did my Tracy Anderson video. My legs and arms feel like jello in a good way! I love that the video is entirely low impact, but still gets me sweating.

I guess I just have to accept the fact I can take it a little easy now. It's tough not having a race on the horizon, and changing my mindset to not push myself, but I think it's best in the long run.

I'm still gonna run (and walk) my six miles on Saturday...multiple bathroom breaks be damned!
  • courtneydeewalk
    Options
    Afternoon ladies!!!! Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. I have fallen off the exercise train FOR SURE! But ... going to get back to walking my pups daily once my step daughter leaves for the rest of Summer.

I have my anatomy scan today... super nervous but of course excited :o) Hoping to get a confirmation of BOY. We would be happy with a girl, too... but we have bought a few things already... receipts be damned. lol.
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    I stink at getting motivated. Those same things you ladies mention (with the exception of the vbac) ;) are all great motivators that should help me get moving - but I just don't! This is how I was during my LAST pregnancy, and I swore to myself I'd be better the 2nd time 'round. :-\

And today I have completely given in to my sweet preggo cravings. NOT a good eating day at all. Tomorrow is a new day though.
  • ajzmann
    Options
    @jgrodzicki, I've been satisfying any sweet tooth cravings with tons of fruit. The berries are SO good right now, they really hit the spot.

It's so tough, but even when I don't get up at my usual time to workout, I try to get out for at least a short walk during the day. It's better than nothing, I figure, and it does give a nice break from the office in the middle of the day.
  • Julzet
    Julzet Posts: 15
    Options
    I hear you all on the motivation part! My sciatica has been acting up, but is finally feeling better...seems running irritates it so trying to do elliptical instead.
    Maybe for those interested we could post a personal goal we have for this coming week (diet and/or exercise)? Start Sunday end Sunday (I have read some research saying Mondays aren't good days to start programs...cause who likes Mondays lol) Then next Sunday we say if we completed the goal or if we didn't meet goal we say how we will improve to meet that goal next week... I am totally flexible on ideas :)
  • ajzmann
    Options
    @julzet, I love that idea! Sunday to Sunday works for me perfectly.

I'll start: my goal for next week is to do my TAPP video twice, run once, do some version of cross training once, and have two nice walks in there at some point. I know for sure I will be walking next Sunday, as I will be trailing my husband running a half marathon, but I need to get my other stuff in too!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    Oooh - I like that idea too!! So I'm in... and Sunday to Sunday works fine :)

My goal for next week (and probably most weeks) will be to get three decent (30+ minute) walks in... and start a stretching or yoga routine. Lets say, two to three times each week.

This may not seem like much - but right now, my 'workouts' are so inconsistent and few and far between... this would be awesome to accomplish! haha

Oh, and @ajzmann - I was doing really well with fruit for a while, and now I can get myself to eat it unless it's sitting right in front of me already cut up. I know... I'm lazy ;) Fruit will be another weekly or daily goal for me. 2 per day at least...
  • Julzet
    Julzet Posts: 15
    Options
    Love your goals ladies!!! :)

My fitness goal: do 30-45 min cardio/walking 5x a week and go to 1 yoga class/video

My diet goal: track my food consistently

We will do great! I am going to book these in my calendar to make sure I do it!
  • courtneydeewalk
    Options
    Great goals :o)

Mine:

-Track food, I don't necessarily need to track each bite... but it makes me a lot more conscience of what I am shoving in my mouth. haha.
    -Walk more... every day, with my furbabies
    -water, water, water!
  • stacyll
    stacyll Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I got my bum out of bed this morning and did my Tracy Anderson video. My legs and arms feel like jello in a good way! I love that the video is entirely low impact, but still gets me sweating.
    \

you've encouraged me to try the video. i've had it for months. i still teach my zumba classes but i haven't been doing much toning so i should get to it. i'm 22 weeks today and at my dr appt tues the dr said i'd only gained 10 lbs. i really hope i can keep my weight gain during the pregnancy to a decent amount.
  • arkans
    arkans Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HIII Everyone! I had no idea MFP even had a Community (I've only been using my phone app) and I'm thrilled to find a group on Pregnancy!! Due Nov 29th :) Just started feeling my son's kicks and it's surreal!!

Anyway I've got Indian genes and we have a reputation of getting really fat really fast (no offence to everyone.. just saying what family and friends tell me -.-) and I SO BADLY want to avoid that! Not dieting or anything but this is such a great way to monitor what we're eating and make sure we exercise! Love MFP!

Nice meeting you all, and enjoy your pregnancies!
  • jgrodzicki
    Options
    @Stacy - that's awesome that you are a Zumba instructor! I tried it once - and looked like a total goofball... haha, I haven't written it off - but it is something I think I'd almost rather do in my own home because it is still a fantastic workout! So happy you found a little extra motivation here... I have been wanting to try that video as well!

@Arkans - welcome aboard! Glad you found us :) Just try to keep moving and limit the preggo cravings you give in to, and you should be fine. MFP is great for tracking those things - and this little board is great for motivation/accountability!