Finished NROL4W! My results....

Options
BarbellCowgirl
BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
I don’t normally like to post pictures of myself for complete strangers on the internet, but I thought this might be somewhat motivating for those of you who are just starting and/or have a lot of fat to lose.
In May 2012, I was completely out of shape, doing nothing but some horseback riding and walking. I had 3 kids in 3 years and felt like my body would never look good again. I was tired all the time, I never seemed to have any motivation to exercise, and I kept packing on the lbs. Thank God, I stumbled across a thread on MFP with heavy lifting before/after pics. As someone who hated hours of cardio, I decided to give it a try. I started NROL4W the middle of June of 2012. I started out eating by the books recommendations for a 300 deficit and did the 3 workouts a week.
I have had many unplanned breaks, but I would start right back where I left off each time. I had never lifted before I started this program, but by the second workout I was completely hooked. I’ve finally found an exercise (or several) that I enjoy.
I know I would’ve had better results if my diet was better, but I am slowly making changes that I will stick with for the rest of my life. I ate anywhere from 1700-2200 cals during the program (it varied widely). My average was probably 2000 cals/day, maybe more.

Starting stats:

Ht: 5’5”
Wt: 186 (obese!)
Neck: 14”
Bust: 42”
Waist: 35”
Hips: 44”
Thigh: 27”
Calf: 17”
BF%: 36-39%

Deadlift: 45lbs
Squat: Body weight

End Stats:
Wt: 172.2 (-13.8lbs -no longer obese!)
Neck: 13.5”(-.5”)
Bust: 39”(-2”)
Waist: 31.5”(-3.5”)
Hips: 41.5”(-2.5”)
Thigh: 25” (-2”)
Calf:16”(-1”)
BF%: 31% (-5%)

Deadlift: 165lbs X 2 sets X 6 reps
Squats: 115 X 2 sets X 6 reps

Before Pic (my wake up call):
partyfate_zps33863b8b.jpg

And today:
NROL4Wfinal_zps6daed931.jpg

image_zps8a1b82f1.jpg

NSVs:
I am wearing 2 pants sizes smaller than when I started.
I am able to wear clothes now that I wore when I was 10lbs lighter before I had my 3rd child.
My cellulite has diminished drastically.
My “cankles” are less noticeable.
My husband says my butt is tighter.
My goals have changed from a number on the scale to a good BF% and what I look like in the mirror.
My kids can’t outrun me anymore.
I want to workout now.
*I CAN LIFT 165lbs, Y’ALL!!!*

My next challenge is NROL Supercharged. I start it today :)

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Great work (NOT SO)ChubbyCowgirl!
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!

Your weights and your pics... man... everything is amazing!!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!!

I hope my results are half as good as yours.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    GO YOU! Awesome results! Thank you for sharing!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Great results! You look awesome!
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!! You started just a month after me with NROL4W. Your waist is so much more defined now. I am glad to hear that you are no longer focused on the scale number. That is such a huge step in the right direction. I can't wait to see what Supercharged does for you. I am considering starting it when I finish StrongLifts. My dream is to deadlift as much as you. You are my hero!!:flowerforyou:
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and an inspiration! Keep on keeping on, girl!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Congrats!! Youhave worked incredibly hard and deserve the results 100%!! I hope to follow your success on to NR Fully Charged, too!
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Werk it! you rock!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :) You rock!!!!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to stick with it an stay committed to your healthy changes!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Looking awesome, congrats!!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Wow so inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing your results. :)
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Well done!
  • marand94608
    marand94608 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm about where you started 189lb & 5'6'" so I'm totally encouraged by this!

I just got the book so I'm still reading and probably won't start the workouts until May. I'm lurking in this Group right now and trying to learn as much as I can about the NROL program. Thanks for this very helpful story.
    389989 Posts: 7
    Options
    Go Yew!!! Great job! Way to hang in there! Inspiring story! Thank you thank you thank you.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! This board is a great support system while trying to conquer the Stages. Keep lifting, ladies!

Awesome results!! You started just a month after me with NROL4W. Your waist is so much more defined now. I am glad to hear that you are no longer focused on the scale number. That is such a huge step in the right direction. I can't wait to see what Supercharged does for you. I am considering starting it when I finish StrongLifts. My dream is to deadlift as much as you. You are my hero!!:flowerforyou:

:blushing: You're sweet, Heather! My dream is to eat like you and to log as faithfully as you.