Options

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Working on some of the electronics in my costume today :happy:

IMG_20130512_00195.jpg

IMG_20130512_00196.jpg

That looks awesome! Poster lights are as close as I get to electronics.... Its amateur hour over here. :-P
  • triciab79
    Options
    I was almost squealing excited this weekend when I found these at the thrift store. They are begging to become Tardis shoes, or maybe I should just leave them as is in case they work with a different costume. Any thoughts?

pics022_zpsa4f5513e.jpg
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I was almost squealing excited this weekend when I found these at the thrift store. They are begging to become Tardis shoes, or maybe I should just leave them as is in case they work with a different costume. Any thoughts?

pics022_zpsa4f5513e.jpg

Finds like this don't happen very often. This is destiny!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Your seals look awesome!!!

So I got the gloves in and I made my choker. Can yall think of anything else I can do to improve on the Emma costume? If not I am moving on to my Tardis dress.

966c3680-580b-4297-9ddc-e27880a42ac1_zpsee123e74.jpg

The second I saw this picture the first thing I thought was "That is the White Queen". Then I read that it is an Emma costume so I think it is safe to say that you have done well.
  • triciab79
    Options
    I could use an opinion:

Should I do the diamond make up with the Emma costume or go without?

b73a75ba-b5db-42eb-9933-ac4df5637479_zps544afc51.jpg

edited to make pic less enormous
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    I could use an opinion:

Should I do the diamond make up with the Emma costume or go without?

b73a75ba-b5db-42eb-9933-ac4df5637479_zps544afc51.jpg

edited to make pic less enormous

Looks great but tedious... I would do some shots with the makeup beforehand and go without it. Then again...seize the day!
  • triciab79
    Options
    Its actually not bad. It only took like 10 min to do.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Getting there with my rifle :) primary coated and adding some twinkly lights and stuff :)

image.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hope this works...

Bought a last-minute pre-made Star Trek costume for a Star Trek convention. Color wasn't screen-accurate, but it was otherwise fine. It was VERY form-fitting, however, and I wouldn't have had the confidence to wear it 26 lbs ago. lol. I went as Deanna Troi from TNG and even though the uniform is generic, people still recognized me because of the hair/makeup, so I thought that was cool.

tumblr_mo3yq4bzPw1qbi750o1_400.png

tumblr_mo3yq4bzPw1qbi750o3_500.jpg
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    You look really good bostonandie. I can definitely see Deana Troy coming through in your costume. Nice work!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I've officially made significant progress on three very simple cosplays I will be pulling off for SDCC

I'll be:
    Cake the cat from Adventure Time gender swap AU (My sister will be Fionna)
    Cake_the_cat.png

Karkat Vantas from Homestuck
    Karkat.gif

Meulin Leijon from Homestuck
    meulin_homestuck.png

About 60% there! Most of the work involved will have to wait until early July but they're fairly straightforward as far as costumes go. Still fun :3
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I haven't got my costume together this year yet but I have one from last year before I started losing weight.

mRI6EAE.jpg

This year I'm doing a fem doctor (11) and prolly making a cute dalek dress for my step daughter.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You look really good bostonandie. I can definitely see Deana Troy coming through in your costume. Nice work!
    Thank you! It's all makeup, shading and hair. I've been told I look like her since I was a teenager, so it was fun to finally get to cosplay her :)
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Nearly finished my rifle :happy:

image2.jpg
    image3.jpg
    IMG_20130406_00073.jpg
    IMG_20130504_00166.jpg
    IMG_20130506_00187.jpg
    IMG_20130506_00188.jpg
    IMG_20130506_00189.jpg
  • mruntidy
    Options
    I just finished crafting these for my defected Chris Redfield costume for MCM expo in October

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I just finished my Tardis dress!!! What do you think is the appropriate hair style for a tardis dress? I am going to the Party Like a Time Lord party at Phoenix Comicon.

a7e6fb5a-2502-405d-bd4c-f047bcd71c3b_zps354bf484.jpg

That is Awesome! My daughter is doing a Tardis Ballerina with pointe shoes and everything :)
  • mruntidy
    Options
    hopefully have a picture of my finished costume at the convention up today
  • mruntidy
    Options
    image.jpg

I've decided it needs, new trousers, a bolt pistol, couple of grenades and a knife. As well as finish the optics properly and put the headset and oom mic on there
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    ^ Looks awesome though! Well done!

My kid has been working on putting this together for months. She needs a job to support her cosplay habit! :bigsmile: This is how she went to school today - Marvel Monday for homecoming spirit week.

10405032263_b2d064324a.jpg
    10405041353_b16d08f135.jpg

I made the shirt yesterday from one new blue tee from Target, and the red and white from two thrift store tees. Cargo pants from a thrift store, boots from Target (coupons and earned gift cards took the price down to about $10!), leather jacket is hubby's from his 80's high school days. :tongue: Helmet came from a costume shop, painted blue and added the A and wings, and she made the shield with hubby's help.

She wants to do a full blue costume one of these days, but this one was much easier to put together, and cheaper too!
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Nice one, AmyRhubarb! I like it better than the blue one, anyway.

My gaming group has considered doing a mega troll by going to see the new Thor dressed as DC superheroes...