Costumey Goodness

Options

Replies

• aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I love your daughter's Captain America, Amy!! It's so cute, did she make the helmet herself? That shield is awesome!

This was my Halloween costume, which I also wear to conventions - Lady Captain America, it's part of a "Mad-Men Era Lady Avengers" cosplay group that my friends and I put together, but I fixed it up for Halloween :)

P9DsJeZ.jpg
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Thanks - she did do the helmet herself. Found an army helmet at a costume store, painted it blue and added the details. She made her shield too (with hubby's help). :smile:

Your Lady Cap is awesome! Love the corset - how did you make it?
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I went to a haunted house yesterday dressed as the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker). Whenever anything jumped out at me, I calmly offered it a Jelly Baby. It worked every time :laugh:
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I went to a haunted house yesterday dressed as the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker). Whenever anything jumped out at me, I calmly offered it a Jelly Baby. It worked every time :laugh:
    :laugh: That's amazing! You look great!
    Love the corset - how did you make it?
    It took a little trial and error. Originally I bought a red one and tried to paint white stripes on it, but that didn't work out very well - four layers of paint later and it still wasn't a consistent white. So I figured I'd try the reverse - bought a white waist-cincher and painted red stripes on it with shiny fabric paint. I'm happy with how it came out!
  • kodiakke
    kodiakke Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Love it! Hah!

Cheers!
  • txteva
    txteva Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of costuming at Cons and also charity collections so I've got quite a few... I am looking forward to being able to do a bigger variety of costume as I lose weight!

My pretty much movie level Ghostbuster costume (my favourite of my many costumes!)

vnNFwiT.jpg

And from last weekend - my Halloween party costume (not con level!) - Harley Quinn

4AsCgiz.jpg
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Here's my finished costumes from comicon in October - my space marine scout which went down well, and then my resident evil stuff including one of the group shots, me as umbrella chris redfield next to an actual chris redfield and me in my resident evil movie ubcs costume. End of October and I was still roasting!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Finished my weapon for the conventions this year;

• Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm working on my new fencing armour, 14th-century style.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just finished my Tardis dress!!! What do you think is the appropriate hair style for a tardis dress? I am going to the Party Like a Time Lord party at Phoenix Comicon.

a7e6fb5a-2502-405d-bd4c-f047bcd71c3b_zps354bf484.jpg

funny i saw a dress like this in a comic store the other day...

since this is the human personification of the tardis, im guessing thats the ideal hairstyle as well....

tumblr_lli4gnxCPq1qh57uro1_400.gif
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I've started to put together my costume for a comic X-Wing Pilot, second from the left, Plourr Ilo It's been a dream costume since I first started dreaming about cosplay about 5 years ago. Hoping to be in good enough shape to pull it off for Halloween troops with the local Star Wars costuming club, but if not definitely by 2015 cons.

Tea-rogue.jpg
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options

funny i saw a dress like this in a comic store the other day...

since this is the human personification of the tardis, im guessing thats the ideal hairstyle as well....

tumblr_lli4gnxCPq1qh57uro1_400.gif

I really want to just be the human personification of the tardis...wondering how long it would take me scouring Goodwill to find a similar enough dress...
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Started work on my armoured gauntlets this weekend

image.jpg

image.jpg

This means I am nearly finished now as I have made the purity seals and more or less finished the pauldrons too ready for a second coat of gold spray.
    Watch this space :)
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    My favorite CON was last weekend and I had a ball, due at least in part to the fact that I was happy to have my picture taken and not disappointed that I looked like a blimp.

For comparison, this is a year ago. Not my highest weight, but hovering in the 190s:

14565894351_effb1f149a_o.jpg

This is my highest weight, 205 and the picture that woke me up 7 months ago:

14410867420_d3b9cf1abe_z.jpg

And this was this last weekend, 50 lbs lighter than the awful picture above:

14617513603_2f48aa6e1a_z.jpg

14567551824_5433a879d5_o.jpg

14410831118_cf1a45bc3a_z.jpg

14410855179_d725245f17_z.jpg

14410936839_28b4fc8b11_z.jpg

For next year, I'm doing the big gun Rose Tyler that the other person in the pic above is doing. I'm downloading the CAD files and looking at other's build logs. Who cares that I haven't successfully built anything before, lol.
  • InaraReynolds
    InaraReynolds Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You guys look fantastic!
    I've only done one real cosplay - at Wizard World last month; femme Captain Jack Harkness and my son was the 11th Doctor.
    WW-2014.jpg
    2014-06-212109.jpg

And for our 2013 holiday card he was the 10th Doctor, although he looked more like a young Ianto Jones. :)
    IMAG5373-1-1.jpg
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You are all giving me lots of ideas!

Excellent job.

mruntidy - beautiful work
  • timetravelforfitness
    timetravelforfitness Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You guys look fantastic!
    I've only done one real cosplay - at Wizard World last month; femme Captain Jack Harkness and my son was the 11th Doctor.

And for our 2013 holiday card he was the 10th Doctor, although he looked more like a young Ianto Jones. :)

He is ADORABLE! I really see the young Ianto Jones! I can't wait to show my kid Doctor Who.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    Bit more progress...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Bit more progress...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Your stuff looks great....
  • 90sFatCat
    Options
    Oh my goodness. All these cosplays are like top shelf and I'm just sitting here trying to hide my Vanellope costume I am not done making and my Fourth Doctor cosplay. Although, I will say I am darn proud of that scarf.

400807_481991041834694_794866325_n.jpg