INSANITY

Options

Replies

• alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 1 of Insanity Month 2. As the workouts bumped up in intensity I figured I could use a little motivation from others who know what pain I'm going through - so here I am! I have another website where I've been logging my workouts for years, but the forums have been dead. Glad to see there's such an active community here!!

ghsfitnesspal, I have also been having to work up to proper pushups since I started Insanity at a pretty low fitness level. I do as many as I can in proper plank form, then drop my knees down to do the rest. The key to doing the pushups on your knees, however, is ensuring they're back far enough that they don't prop your bottom up in the air and you still have to work your core to keep everything aligned and stable; strive for that flat line from your shoulders through your knees. Each time I do a workout, I challenge myself to do more "real" pushups - whether I can make it through a whole round without cheating or I'm simply alternating knees up/down with every other Level-X Drill.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    you'll get your support here!

i've always wanted to run triathalons. if i get a bike or even just get out there and start running conservative distances that will be a win for me this summer lol
  • proton77
    proton77 Posts: 409
    Options
    @alikonda - welcome! Yes, please check in here on a daily basis and keep each other motivated!

No_finish_line is correct...you'll get your support here!

BTW - Shaun T's T25 just came out today. I've been getting a lot of hits on my site and many people are asking for it. However, the ordering links are very busy and might not load.

I'm going to create a sub-thread for it here shortly. Hopefully, for those we're doing T25 can share their experience here!
  • alikonda
    Options
    Month 2, week 1 complete!! I was pleasantly surprised at how much easier the Max Interval circuit was yesterday, as compared to the first time I did it. I didn't see nearly the extreme improvement in the Plyo workout today...ouch! By the end of Month 1 I was *killing* every set of tuck jumps they threw at me. By the time I get to them in this plyo workout (end of circuit 1) my legs feel like the heaviest things ever!! I'm definitely looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

When I finish this program in a few weeks, I'm going to be training for a half-marathon in early November. Maybe then I'll start training for obstacle races again. I was supposed to do my first Tough Mudder last fall, but I broke my foot 2 weeks before the race. =(

No_Finish_Line: I love the idea of doing a triathalon, but find swimming EXHAUSTING. I can survive in water for hours, but quickly run out of steam if I try to do any distance or swim for speed!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    i used to be a competitive swimmer in highschool. I know its going to be tough to get back into it, but to be honest with you, its the running that scares me the most.
  • proton77
    Options
    Yesterday was my week 11 day 2 p90x/insanity hybrid. I did max cardio conditioning. I was doing great for the first 30 minutes. I matched pretty much all the reps and rhythm. The last 18-20 minutes was getting a bit more rough. I was still able to follow 95% of the routine with some breaks every now and then but it kicked my butt for sure LOL. My abs were and still are a bit sore from Monday's ARX but I'm going to push on with back and biceps and ARX today!

970491_191967270962618_1725924378_n.jpg
  • alikonda
    Options
    No_Finish_Line: So are you picking out a race to aim for, or are you just going to take some time training in all areas?

proton: Max Cardio Conditioning for me, too!

Both of those football drill exercises make me feel *so* uncoordinated! The Football Run Pushups make feel feel like I'm going to faceplant (at least it encourages me to strive for perfect form!) and I just feel so clumsy shuffling back and forth in the forward/back suicides. I will say that since I started Month 2 I have developed a pleasant soreness in my abs, which is not something I experienced at all during Month 1. (Must be all the extra plank work!)

I'm not really looking forward to Max Interval training tomorrow, but I'll keep reminding myself that I have less than 3 weeks left in this program! =P
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Hey, no i haven't picked out any races. i'm really still just kicking the idea around. if i just buy a bike, not even ride it, or start on a running app, then i'll count that as progess for the summer lol

proton, whats the 'gamma' portion of the t25 program? heard some people talking about it in another thread
  • proton77
    Options
    The gamma phase is considered more advanced than the alpha and beta phases in the base kit. Most people start with the base kit and work their way up to gamma. But I do have one customer ordering gamma directly and skipping the base. I'll have to check with her and see what's up with that.
  • alikonda
    Options
    I did my Max Interval workout today, but I have never been so tempted to skip a workout before. I did *not* want to do it today...kept procrastinating (until 8 pm!) but I figured I would be ashamed to tell you guys that I skipped after I JUST joined this forum. Now that I'm done, I'm glad I didn't wuss out, but it was definitely a struggle today!!
  • alikonda
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Max Plyo is such a struggle - but I did so much better than either of the times last week! It's celebrating victories like this that make the program worthwhile! =)
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    ^^ glad to hear you are rising to the challenges!

proton, i had heard that the gamma was mostly weight lifting, not true?
  • proton77
    Options
    I believe it's a mixture of both. Kinda like the max cardio resistance in Insanity but with weight added for increased strength requirement.

My family and I will fly to Cancun tomorrow (Saturday) morning and won't be back until July 4th. I'll try to see if I could get online there... heard that they charge a steep fee to use their internet. We'll see...
  • alikonda
    Options
    That Moment When...
    You're doing the hip flexor stretches after the warm-up. You rotate from back to front and all the sweat droplets that were gathering on the edge of your cheek go racing across your face to drip onto the floor. YEAH

Day 1 of my 2nd-to-last week! I made it through the whole first interval set without stopping and 1 3/4 rounds of the 2nd. (Those darn floor switchkicks KILL me!!)

Happy workin' out, y'all!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up week 1 of month 2 now. Month 2 has been a rude awakening :) It is considerably more difficult compared to month 1, but I'm getting through it. It's difficult for me since I play about 4-5 hockey games a week typically, so I am probably not resting as much as I should. I'm determined to get through the entire program, though! I've lost a couple of pounds and toned up a bit since starting the program.
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So I joined the gym with my son who has to train for the summer for hockey ( and if I don't get a personal trainer why am I paying for one for my 15 year old?) . I started doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and he has a circuit routine he has to complete. Today at the end I had him ( and his friend) do the Insanity warm-up . Wow 15 year old boys are uncoordinated...lol.

These 2 train and/or play hockey 6 days a week from Aug to April and have been training off ice 3-4 days a week since May. They were sweating bullets and gasping. Made my day when I said that was just the warm-up you should try the whole workout :laugh:
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    wow anyone who does a sport and insanity is pretty tough
  • lyndabyh
    lyndabyh Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    True but they aren't really doing the whole program. I should have them add some of the videos in , would be good for cardio days.
  • alikonda
    Options
    Eganita, you're crazy (or dare I say...INSANE? :laugh: )

Sorry, sorry, sorry...but I AM super impressed that you're able to do that much activity. I recently started adding short runs/elliptical sessions after some of my Insanity workouts and have definitely been whining all the way. =P

:drinker: Here's to you!
  • proton77
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm finally back from Cancun! Boy, it was a great trip and I was totally blown away by their beaches and seaside views! I gained like 1.8 lbs (153.8 lbs) after I got back from Cancun. Guess what...after a round of golf and some Fast and Furious this past weekend, I'm down to 152.6

I'm glad to see that you guys digging deep :)