20 Burpees
25 Pushups
60 Mtn Climbers

Do this 2 times

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,897 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot to log in here. :P I got up and went downstairs to do this challenge. It went easier than anticipated. Felt great when it was done. :) Phew, was I sweating buckets though. Did it in just 20 minutes. Should have taken longer but I actually ran those mtn. climbers. Got up late and needed to make up the time. LOL

--Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Well seems like my earlier post here is almost what happened all over again. Lol. Accept that it took closer to 35 minutes this time! I am beginning to look forward to the end of this. Wow, it is tough. Even my lungs are burning. Morning you two. Have a great day. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,429 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I put this at the top of my list today! It was brutal! Tomorrow will be easier...right??

Friday 03/22 -- DONE!!!!!!!

Have a great Friday!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I so hope so. I notice that my abs are toning up since starting this though. :) Have you noticed any changes? Other than being sore. :)

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    I had a droopy back. It's not so droopy any more!! I was so surprised! I've lost over an inch in my waist which is a huge accomplishment! My smallest 501's are too big! I still have a bit of a saggy belly, but I'm working on it! I've been fighting a cold all week, and this is the first day I haven't been totally exhausted.

Not so sore today. The workout was much easier.

I walked 4.17 miles w/Bean in 62 minutes and then did our challenge...Saturday...03/23...DONE!!!

Have a great Saturday! I think I'll go shopping, now.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Chris it was easier today, you called it. Mom & sister here visiting. Went shopping all morning and part of the afternoon. Kohls, shoe store, bed bath & beyond, hobby lobby, Ross and a few others. Then I had a burger. And then our challenge.

Wow, no more droopy back says a great deal. And while sick. That is wonderful. My arms are getting shapely. I love it. This has been tough, but I have to admit I love the results. :) I am not as sore either. My hip flexors still hurt a little from all the squats, and my feet from all the Jack's, could also be from the burpees I guess. I think we should continue this, even if we only do one set. I am also doing The Biggest Losers Challenge here soon. :)

We, glad Bean is loving life. :)

Have a great day. :) Shelley
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to do Day 1 for me...you guys have me scared. It's 9pm! I am sort of wishing it was three sets of smaller number at times!

I lost an inch of waist and hip and some upper thigh since I started and my arms look better than ever, for sure!

Add:
    Finished at 9:36. Took 31-36 minutes. I forgot to check the clock when I actually started.

Stopped to break for last 20 squats. Reviewed form on those nursing knee pain from treadmill. Said to sit a water bottle on floor in front of you and grab it as if pickin it up each time to force pushing up through rear glutes instead of quads. Helped me last two nights

Used a 4" step on burpees and climbers tonight to get off low knees a bit. Helped.
    Full push ups on one carpeted stair step...our indoor outdoor basement carpet is hard on the hands.

Oops. Forgot last set of push-ups! Off I go! Lol
  • cpanus
    Options
    Good job JoanB5! My arms are looking better too! At least they aren't swinging up and batting me in the nose when I comb my hair anymore! Just kidding! Don't be scared...remember it's only 25 or 30 minutes of torture...I mean great exercises! Modify it any way you need to for that workout.

Shelley: You're right about just doing just one set if that's all you can get done or have time for. Your feet could hurt from the mtn climbers, too. My regular running shoes were a big problem for me on mtn climbers, so I got a pair of Zumba dance shoes that are real flexible. They have a suede sole so they grip my exercise mat nicely. I tried doing the exercise in my socks, but I kept climbing out of them! Think about it...sweaty socks flying everywhere...ewwwe!

I love Kohl's and BB&B...we don't have Hobby Lobby here. Sounds like you had fun! When do you start the Biggest Loser?

Hope you both had a terrific Saturday!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Well you two sounds like we are getting great arms out is this. :) Wow can't believe we are still hanging in here. Must be because of all the improvements we are seeing. I am not totally sure why my feet hurt. I know that the worst pain is on my right foot where I broke it in two places. I then walked on it for two weeks or so before having it looked at.

April first I think is the beginning of my challenge. I don't think it will be as grueling though. :) I love all the changes we all are seeing. We should keep it up. Even if just every other day.

Bye now,
    Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Shelley - I agree we should keep at it...if it's every other day, or breaking it into more sets, we just keep moving.

I'm really looking forward to the day my belly doesn't cast a shadow on the skin below it. That's what I'm here for and I'm almost there.

Had Bean today and our walk was very fun!

Sunday - 03/24 - challenge complete! ...burpees are evil!
  • JoanB5
    Options
    Done! I hold onto my memory foam mattress we keep on the basement floor for the kids sleepovers for mountain climbers...seems to help. And I do think those really light weight tennis shoes available now (mine are New Balance from TJ MAXX) really are more comfortable for them. Not sure how I'll like them for running though )(stability). I had to get Dr. Soles Sports insoles for mine, didn't like the ones that came with them.
  • JoanB5
    Options
    You guys know what? I was just looking at the photo on the group page again of this set. It's been set up on our group to do these sets twice (which is more than enough for me right now), but in looking at the poster picture, I think the first week, it's repeat once, then the next weeks, 'repeat twice', which would be a total of three times. My word. Was thinking that might be a way to get another month out of it if anyone wanted to continue, though. Start at week X and do three sets?
  • cpanus
    Options
    Hi JoanB5,

Whoever set up this challenge in the first place didn't set up the Topic Weeks...I did. Nothing was explained. I read the tiny photo as ..."Repeat X 1" and "Repeat X 2"...which to me means 1 times 1 is 1 ...and 2 times 1 is 2. Take another look. It doesn't have the word "once" or "twice". I might go another month. I don't know about upping the sets, though...have to give that one some more thought.

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I read it as "do this two times". Which means repeat once more in my book. But I agree, can be read more than one time. But then I would not be talking with anyone ever again. I would be to exhausted! LOL It would be fun to do as much as we can for another month. Some days I would only run through it once, and some days twice.

I will talk to you both more later. Lunch time now. :)

--Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    PS Chris, no upping for me. It already takes up a chunk of time, and we all want to do other things also. This is just really showing results! Which is great in my book. :)

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Joan, three sets from you also. You two are insane. Maybe I am just wimping since I am doing my burpees in killer mode. :( But we are all still here. LOL

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Oops, I see now what you two are talking about. My Kindle makes that really hard to read. So I hadn't. If this was intended as something to do with what we were already doing then three times was way to many. If only doing it I might go along with three times. I am up for doing it all again, along with my biggest loser challenge. This one for me though. Biggest loser one is for my team. So I could not let them down. Chris you want to set it up again? Joan you in?

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    I'll set it up...I'll Repeat it for April!!! bwahahahaha!

Joan if you can do three sets, that's pretty cool, but I think two is my limit.

Shelley, I can't imagine having to do 20 burpees three times...or 75 jacks! Makes my brain explode!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I don't know if I am excited or scared. LOL But yes, three sets of burpees with the full push ups, followed by more pushups is making it hard for me to think. :P But who knows, a few months of this, if we don't die of boredom, and we might be up to it. LOL

Shelley
  • cpanus
    Options
    Okay...we'll see how it goes! I'm looking forward to our current workout to get easier! Got in 4.04 miles in 60 minutes before the wind got strong enough to blow me around the sidewalk!!

Monday - 03/25 -- Challenge complete!!