why do you like being single?

Options

Replies

• diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Bacon doesn't go unexpectedly missing out of the fridge.
  • nhsoprano
    nhsoprano Posts: 129
    Options
    I like the fact that I am moving to Iowa for the next couple of years for grad school and I don't have to worry about leaving anyone behind. I like the fact that I can really focus on what I want to do and learning as much as I can about my chosen career without someone distracting me from the time I need. I'm also the kind of person who craves solitude a lot -- I'm a very outgoing person, but if I don't get my occasional evenings with nobody around I start to get a little b*tchy.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

1 that is a killing offense lol...

2 I got slightly distracted by your pic
  • diodelcibo
    Options

1) Exactly but I put the anger into other things :laugh:

2) As did I.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

2) As did I.

1) If it's what I think it is, I would eat your bacon just for that (also, bacon is amazing)

2) Is that slick the drool of all your fangirls?
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I loved being single, but now that I'm in a healthy relationship I have to say I like it better.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I loved being single, but now that I'm in a healthy relationship I have to say I like it better.

Ditto
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I like being single because it just feels like there are endless possibilities ... I can spend my time with anyone or no one. I can do anything I want without having to consider how someone else is going to feel about it. I have absolute control over my free time, over the TV, over the food I eat ... banal as they may seem, these are the compromises you have to make in relationships.

That is not to say I wouldn't prefer to be in a relationship, but I'll take being single anyday over being in a relationship that just isn't right.
  • diodelcibo
    Options

2) As did I.

1) If it's what I think it is, I would eat your bacon just for that (also, bacon is amazing)

1) Yes it is but you had better be prepared to not be able to walk the next day.

2) Yes it was leaking from the airvents above...
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

2) As did I.

1) Yes it is but you had better be prepared to not be able to walk the next day.

get a room you two lol.

@diodelcibo I can't see your profile pics, but I would like to see what your face looks like! LOL
  • nolachick
    Options

well of course a healthy relationship would be nice. lol. this is the SINGLE PEEPS thread tho.

what u still doing around here? haha
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

2) As did I.

get a room you two lol.

@diodelcibo I can't see your profile pics, but I would like to see what your face looks like! LOL

He has a face? :huh:
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

well of course a healthy relationship would be nice. lol. this is the SINGLE PEEPS thread tho.

Looks like we are being outed, Roadie.

There's a lot of Single Peeps in relationships. That's what tends to happen, you start out here, you meet people, you find a guy/girl, you date, then you get into a relationship. Does that mean as soon as we are paired up we shouldn't still keep up with people we met and enjoy talking to? We've been single really recently, and we still have the right to post here. We can share experiences and answer questions because we've been there too!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

2) As did I.

1) Don't you threaten me with a good time! ....unless you plan to follow through!

2) Oh, sorry about that. *hanky*

@Nola - that's the idea!

@Jen - I had the same reaction hahaa
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options

There's no ring on this finger yet!
  • nolachick
    Options

There's no ring on this finger yet!

:laugh:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    1) doing what I want.
    2) not needing to check in, explain why I was out at 2AM or what Magic the Gathering is and having to reassure her that it is not code for "something" else.
    3) no need to fight over DVR/TV
    4) boxers and shirt most of the time and no one to nag that I should get dressed.
    5) beer with ice cream and bacon IS dinner and that's ok
    6) toilet seat up or down, who cares.

I've been single for so long, I don't know how I'd be when I find someone. I do miss the companionship, sexy time, etc etc.
  • nolachick
    Options

Looks like we are being outed, Roadie.

There's a lot of Single Peeps in relationships. That's what tends to happen, you start out here, you meet people, you find a guy/girl, you date, then you get into a relationship. Does that mean as soon as we are paired up we shouldn't still keep up with people we met and enjoy talking to? We've been single really recently, and we still have the right to post here. We can share experiences and answer questions because we've been there too!

ooops my bad. we love u guys, dont go anywhere :blushing:
  • nolachick
    Options

I've been single for so long, I don't know how I'd be when I find someone. I do miss the companionship, sexy time, etc etc.

i found this to be a problem with some guys i've met and iked. u guys get set in your ways lol.

everyone misses sexy time tho haha
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    1) doing what I want.
    2) not needing to check in, explain why I was out at 2AM or what Magic the Gathering is and having to reassure her that it is not code for "something" else.
    3) no need to fight over DVR/TV
    4) boxers and shirt most of the time and no one to nag that I should get dressed.
    5) beer with ice cream and bacon IS dinner and that's ok
    6) toilet seat up or down, who cares.

I am okay with all those things - though I'll probably be out with you at Magic and kicking your *kitten* at it :devil: