Options
    everyone misses sexy time tho haha

Yup

nope..I have a phone lol And a list :smokin: :devil:

I want a list! lol
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    There's a whole lot more on the "What I miss about a relationship" list, however here goes....

- I can eat what I want, when I want without being chastized. Most of the time I prefer to eat healthy, but on those rare occasions where I want a pint of Ben & Jerrys or a late night chinese takeout run.... nobody knows but me. (and now all of you)

- My vacations and weekends are easier to plan. I want to go somewhere, I go. I don't have to plead my case, fight or compromise. I make a decision and go.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    everyone misses sexy time tho haha

Yup

nope..I have a phone lol And a list :smokin: :devil:

I want a list! lol

They are really easy to get..Gotta love FWB :bigsmile:
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    i am single as i'm not married though i do have a bf.

i do like living on my own and wonder if i ever live with someone again, how will that be? i find myself getting anxious when i have company (either family or friends) over little things like clutter (my sisters kids), people taking over my tv... etc.

i'll stay at bfs over night and sometimes i'm ready to go home! i want to just not think and be alone.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    1) doing what I want.
    2) not needing to check in, explain why I was out at 2AM or what Magic the Gathering is and having to reassure her that it is not code for "something" else.
    3) no need to fight over DVR/TV
    4) boxers and shirt most of the time and no one to nag that I should get dressed.
    5) beer with ice cream and bacon IS dinner and that's ok
    6) toilet seat up or down, who cares.

I've been single for so long, I don't know how I'd be when I find someone. I do miss the companionship, sexy time, etc etc.

I am okay with all those things - though I'll probably be out with you at Magic and kicking your *kitten* at it :devil:

Damn, now you two need a room. :wink:
  • pa_jorg
    Options
    I saw this question this morning, decided to think about it and come back with a serious answer, and I am now here to report that there is nothing I like about being single. Honestly not.one.damn.thing. :ohwell: Guess I'm just the type that thrives on being involved with someone.
  • DonnaNCgirl
    DonnaNCgirl Posts: 372
    Options
    Why do I like being single after too many years living a lie in a bad, bad marraige?

EVERYTHING!

Top 3

1) Lots more sexy time after losing almost 100 lbs and finding myself again, realizing that I'm pretty frikkin awesome!
    2) Doing what I want, when I want, how I want, with whom I want.
    3) #1
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    1) doing what I want.
    2) not needing to check in, explain why I was out at 2AM or what Magic the Gathering is and having to reassure her that it is not code for "something" else.
    3) no need to fight over DVR/TV
    4) boxers and shirt most of the time and no one to nag that I should get dressed.
    5) beer with ice cream and bacon IS dinner and that's ok
    6) toilet seat up or down, who cares.

I've been single for so long, I don't know how I'd be when I find someone. I do miss the companionship, sexy time, etc etc.

I am okay with all those things - though I'll probably be out with you at Magic and kicking your *kitten* at it :devil:

Damn, now you two need a room. :wink:

Yes please :blushing: :love:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I saw this question this morning, decided to think about it and come back with a serious answer, and I am now here to report that there is nothing I like about being single. Honestly not.one.damn.thing. :ohwell: Guess I'm just the type that thrives on being involved with someone.

i used to feel that way when i just got out of my LTR. Don't get me wrong, I love having someone to share things with, someone I can count on, all that mushy stuff. But I'm so happy to have had this single time for myself and realize how independent I can be :smile:

I like not feeling like I NEED someone to be happy. :smile:
  • pa_jorg
    Options

i used to feel that way when i just got out of my LTR. Don't get me wrong, I love having someone to share things with, someone I can count on, all that mushy stuff. But I'm so happy to have had this single time for myself and realize how independent I can be :smile:

I get what you are saying, but after approx 2 years of being single (after a LTR), I've been on both sides of the fence and know which is better and more fulfilling for me personally. Doesn't mean I NEED someone to make me happy either though. Just that I know myself.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

I get what you are saying, but after approx 2 years of being single (after a LTR), I've been on both sides of the fence and know which is better and more fulfilling for me personally. Doesn't mean I NEED someone to make me happy either though. Just that I know myself.

oh i know how you feel, and i didnt mean that you needed someone, that's how I felt after my LTR. I've had two - one of 6 yrs and one of 2 years. I was crushed after each one and I felt like i was never going to be happy again each time. But I'm happy having accomplished a lot in the last 2 years being single. When the time is right I would love to meet the right guy and settle down :blushing:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I like being single because well it is what I know and change is scary.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    More freedom and independence

More control over your time

Not having to tolerate another’s annoying habits

No emotional roller coaster rides

I enjoy my days not having plans. aka LAZY

All of these and less stress...people are just crazy these days. Even the majority of the people I know who have a significant other aren't happy. I'm happy, and sure I get lonely at times but you gotta take the good with the bad in any situation.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Probably the only thing I don't miss is going shopping and having to hold her purse...
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    More freedom and independence

More control over your time

Not having to tolerate another’s annoying habits

No emotional roller coaster rides

I enjoy my days not having plans. aka LAZY

All of these and less stress...people are just crazy these days. Even the majority of the people I know who have a significant other aren't happy. I'm happy, and sure I get lonely at times but you gotta take the good with the bad in any situation.

Boooo hhisssss Raiders
    /San Diego Chargers
  • fp64
    fp64 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    bc being married to a drunk sucked
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I enjoy single life mostly because I'm happy with my own company. I have an active social life but really have not problem getting out to do things on my own. I like being responsible for only myself, and making all the decisions.

I also sharing my bed only when I want to , not dealing with snoring.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything to compare it to but I like being single because I see the way my friends in relationships are tied down and I'm not sure that I'm ready for that? I don't like how my coupled up friends have gotten "boring." Instead of wanting to do fun stuff they prefer to sit on the couch. They can't do anything independently, it's all about what that person wants, which I get sort of but it's really annoying that they have to check in with each other.

I'm looking forward to a relationship once I'm settled down in my life. Do I wish I was able to date right now? Yeah, it would be so much fun, but I don't really want a relationship right now. I'm not ready to become old and married again.