Day 13 - bench pistol squat

Options
messy_Missy16
messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
Hey guys so the squat of the day is the bench pistol squat.

These are a bit hard so just try to do as many as you can.

Remember it's 65 per leg.

Here's a pic

2m2z950.jpg

And here's a video (make sure to watch the video for proper form because we don't want any injuries)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdWTaJ5YQPM

Good luck guys... and happy squatting & please don't give up remember your goal & keep pushing :flowerforyou:

Replies

• flanary888
    flanary888 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Never done these before so I will do my best!! Thanks for keeping the challenge going!!!
  • wadesieka
    wadesieka Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    4 sets of 15 each leg + 10 reg squats. I could not make it all the way to the floor but I did my best and hope that by the end I will have enough strength to do a couple all the way!! :-)
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ok done. I didn't make it to the floor, my knees have been killing, so I only went as far as I could without pain.
  • MeLiving
    MeLiving Posts: 11
    Options
    Whew! Had to do a modified version... not all the way to the floor, but down to a bench positioned behind me. Didn't think I could do them all, but I did. Yippee!
  • elenipdx
    elenipdx Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Done. Ouch!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Done, sort of.

I don't do "a** to the grass" squats, ever. I'm too worried about hurting my more than 1/2 century old knees. So bench level only for me. I also could not balance with my leg out in front like that. So, basically I did 130 one-legged squats the way I always do them, which is with my other leg kind of curled behind. Not technically a bench pistol squat, but it definitely worked my bum and was the best I was willing to try.

I did them in 3 sets - 20, 25, 20.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Done! I didn't do these, I did regular, plie, sumo and curtsy squats.

My jeans are getting baggier and the scale is finally moving again. I'm down 3.8 pounds so far this month with the squats and walking on my treadmill. Can't wait to take measurements at the end of the month!!
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Well I managed to do 30 each leg, not anywhere close to the ground but I went as far as I could go! Then i just did 100 regular squats.
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Done! I didn't do these, I did regular, plie, sumo and curtsy squats.

My jeans are getting baggier and the scale is finally moving again. I'm down 3.8 pounds so far this month with the squats and walking on my treadmill. Can't wait to take measurements at the end of the month!!

That's so awesome!!! That fact that your jeans are getting baggy AND the scale is moving, can't get much better than that! Great Job!
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    130 squats completed! Great job, everyone!!!
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Modified - arm in brace now, rather than plaster cast - but done.
  • RayR13
    RayR13 Posts: 31
    Options
    holy could not get my booty that far to the ground!! managed to go half way tho! These were a definite challenge! however, 130 modified bench pistol squats done! woooo
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,114 Member
    Options
    Whew! I had to modify them as well - I did some halfway down, but for the bigger part I did regalar squats and curtsy squats... 130 done.

Great success with the jeans, congratulation!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Some of these have just been a little too difficult for me so I am just doing regular squats for them. It is still burnin my bum and I can feel a difference when I walk!
  • NeverTooLateForChange
    NeverTooLateForChange Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    These were super HARD. I did 45 on each leg and then 40 regular squats.
  • mbowers1983
    mbowers1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Only was able to do 15 each side of these and they weren't pretty. The rest were a mix of sumo squats and weighted regular sqauts.
  • Bubbl3s25
    Bubbl3s25 Posts: 210
    Options
    Can't do jumping or one legged squats as my knees play havoc and I need (lol) them so did 130 sumo squats
  • HighlyFavor
    HighlyFavor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't have the strength so I did regular squats
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Killer...but done. The last 20 were regular though.
  • murphoo
    murphoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    130 regular squats done