Is it better to poof?

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I rather someone tell me they are not interested so i'm not left wondering.

This doesn't make any sense to me. What's left to wonder? He's not talking to you, therefore he's not going to be a part of your life. The end.

But he could be busy. Or sick. Or on a business trip. Or in the hospital. Or shy. Or unsure if I like him. Or..or..or.. or.. how will I know unless I text him incessantly to find out, Kits?? :tongue:

i am sorry you two never have anything nice to say. must be sad.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I rather someone tell me they are not interested so i'm not left wondering.

This doesn't make any sense to me. What's left to wonder? He's not talking to you, therefore he's not going to be a part of your life. The end.

But he could be busy. Or sick. Or on a business trip. Or in the hospital. Or shy. Or unsure if I like him. Or..or..or.. or.. how will I know unless I text him incessantly to find out, Kits?? :tongue:

i am sorry you two never have anything nice to say. must be sad.

How is what I said not nice?
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My last date poofed. It was an online thing. We had 2 dates and had a blast each time. He would call me here and there but not on a regular basis. The last time we spoke was Fri. I called him Sat, then waited until yesterday (Weds). Nothing. No text, no call, no nothing. No response at all.

So mad and confused. I think it's one of the worst things you can do to someone to just leave them hanging and wondering what happened. At the VERY LEAST let them know you're not interested. Period. It's just polite. People have no manners at all these days and would be better off raised by wolves. If you're a guy I sincerely hope you aren't afraid of a girl. Seriously......? It's astonishing behavior and makes me sick that people prove again and again how much disregard they can have for another human being.

Also, bump.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Sorry but if i havent met yet I don't really even consider it poofing.......And there are atleast 2 guys who text me back and forth who I'm pretty sure I will probably never met ..I dont let it bother me..I don't know them and they dont know me..I have poofed before and been poofed out..Its not that big a deal
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Sorry but if i havent met yet I don't really even consider it poofing.......And there are atleast 2 guys who text me back and forth who I'm pretty sure I will probably never met ..I dont let it bother me..I don't know them and they dont know me..I have poofed before and been poofed out..Its not that big a deal

Totally this. Just because someone is into me doesn't mean I owe them anything. People say that they'll be kept wondering but I don't buy it - if there's no communication there's nothing to wonder. They either don't like you, or aren't good communicators. Move on.
  • nolachick
    Options
    My last date poofed. It was an online thing. We had 2 dates and had a blast each time. He would call me here and there but not on a regular basis. The last time we spoke was Fri. I called him Sat, then waited until yesterday (Weds). Nothing. No text, no call, no nothing. No response at all.

So mad and confused. I think it's one of the worst things you can do to someone to just leave them hanging and wondering what happened. At the VERY LEAST let them know you're not interested. Period. It's just polite. People have no manners at all these days and would be better off raised by wolves. If you're a guy I sincerely hope you aren't afraid of a girl. Seriously......? It's astonishing behavior and makes me sick that people prove again and again how much disregard they can have for another human being.

Also, bump.

sorry that sucks. if it makes you feel any better I have realized that a guy is either into you or he isn't. if he is, he will make sure you know it. if he's not, he will probably not show you as much attention as you'd like. in which case why do u wanna keep seeing him anyway, know what I mean?

so just forget about him, and move on. I'm not being mean, its just that if its 2 dates you shouldn't be so invested much less upset that he poofed. are u talking to other guys?
  • laurenz2501
    Options

sorry that sucks. if it makes you feel any better I have realized that a guy is either into you or he isn't. if he is, he will make sure you know it. if he's not, he will probably not show you as much attention as you'd like. in which case why do u wanna keep seeing him anyway, know what I mean?

so just forget about him, and move on. I'm not being mean, its just that if its 2 dates you shouldn't be so invested much less upset that he poofed. are u talking to other guys?

You're not being mean. I agree with you 100% that if he's interested, he will let you know, but there are always exceptions. It is only two dates but it was stretched out over the span of a month talking also and whatnot. He called me a number of times and texted. So why AFTER THE 1ST DATE are you going to call and text if you're not interested or I'm not your type? He probably met someone else he likes better. Nothing even happened on the 2nd date that would make me think "oh THAT'S why he's ignoring me". NOTHING! Even my friends said he was really cool and "seemed into" me. I know it shouldn't make me as mad as it does, but it does because I just can't fathom doing that to someone else and I can't stand not knowing why! Hell I'd rather him make something up like "our schedules are too different" or "your days off suck" or "you snore like a grizzly bear" (I don't. For the record. Just saying). Not knowing is killing me. I have 1 guy I JUST started texting a few days ago. So we'll see. I have such bad luck with guys it's to the point where I don't even get excited anymore...but I had gotten excited about this last one, and now look...I need to stop jinxing myself.

I'm sooo Gigi from He's Just Not That Into You. That's me all the way lol
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Is it better to poof?

Is a red car better than a blue car? There is no correct answer, it depends on the individual. If you’re an individual that doesn't like to get poof’d, then chances are you would “politely decline him rather than poofing” or “like to tell someone it isn't going to work, but that's because it's how I'd prefer to be treated in return” If someone poofs you and it doesn't bother you what so ever chances are you do the same to others. Some people want some sort of closure or clue to what happened; others think the person should take a hint and move on. It boils down to the individual.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

You're not being mean. I agree with you 100% that if he's interested, he will let you know, but there are always exceptions. It is only two dates but it was stretched out over the span of a month talking also and whatnot. He called me a number of times and texted. So why AFTER THE 1ST DATE are you going to call and text if you're not interested or I'm not your type? He probably met someone else he likes better. Nothing even happened on the 2nd date that would make me think "oh THAT'S why he's ignoring me". NOTHING! Even my friends said he was really cool and "seemed into" me. I know it shouldn't make me as mad as it does, but it does because I just can't fathom doing that to someone else and I can't stand not knowing why! Hell I'd rather him make something up like "our schedules are too different" or "your days off suck" or "you snore like a grizzly bear" (I don't. For the record. Just saying). Not knowing is killing me. I have 1 guy I JUST started texting a few days ago. So we'll see. I have such bad luck with guys it's to the point where I don't even get excited anymore...but I had gotten excited about this last one, and now look...I need to stop jinxing myself.

Ironic that I started this topic, and here in the same boat again--maybe its me?

Anyway, I know exactly how you feel........I talked to someone for a bout a week--phone, texting, emailing, etc. We met and had a great time. Then we had a 2nd date and went well again. He had crazy schedule the next week, but thought we might be able to get together one night, well, his softball game (he is umpire) got switched so he wasn't free. But he told me that he "really wanted to see me again" on Thurs morning. Thurs afternoon I asked him what time the game was - he answered, then I said call or text me when over if you want. I guess he didn't want--never heard from him again--and that was a week ago today......so NEXT (have a 1st date tonight :)

Grrr....just got a text asking if ok to reschedule for tonight!!
  • nolachick
    Options

Ironic that I started this topic, and here in the same boat again--maybe its me?

Anyway, I know exactly how you feel........I talked to someone for a bout a week--phone, texting, emailing, etc. We met and had a great time. Then we had a 2nd date and went well again. He had crazy schedule the next week, but thought we might be able to get together one night, well, his softball game (he is umpire) got switched so he wasn't free. But he told me that he "really wanted to see me again" on Thurs morning. Thurs afternoon I asked him what time the game was - he answered, then I said call or text me when over if you want. I guess he didn't want--never heard from him again--and that was a week ago today......so NEXT (have a 1st date tonight :)

reschedule the 1st date or the guy from last week? lol.

don't get mad at the 1st date, hopefully he has a good excuse and didn't wait until the last minute or stand u up.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options

don't get mad at the 1st date, hopefully he has a good excuse and didn't wait until the last minute or stand u up.

1st date guy, and not last minute exactly but calling to reschedule at 3 for 5 is kind of last minute, and his excuse is because weather is bad--which it is--crazy rain and wind, but still..........
  • nolachick
    Options

1st date guy, and not last minute exactly but calling to reschedule at 3 for 5 is kind of last minute, and his excuse is because weather is bad--which it is--crazy rain and wind, but still..........

hmm you should be the one reschedule for bad weather. let him initiate the 2nd date? men can be such girls sometimes.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Grrr!! What a flake!! I'd never cancel cos of the weather..........what's he worried about? His wig blowing off> > :laugh:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

I actually did dump a girl because she snored like a grizzly bear. . Actually, more like a lawn tractor. I mean, it would shake the paint of walls! I never told her that, though. How do you tell someone you are dumping them because you'd have to purchase another house to live in if you ended up married?
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    hmm you should be the one reschedule for bad weather. let him initiate the 2nd date? men can be such girls sometimes.

This made me laugh.

We make fun of men for behaving "like women", but when we behave "like women" it's expected for them to put up with it.

I find it interesting that it's demeaning to call a man a woman, as though it's bad to be a woman since they're expected to be better - they're expected to be MEN.

/feminism issues
  • nolachick
    Options

This made me laugh.

We make fun of men for behaving "like women", but when we behave "like women" it's expected for them to put up with it.

I find it interesting that it's demeaning to call a man a woman, as though it's bad to be a woman since they're expected to be better - they're expected to be MEN.

/feminism issues

haha I guess under these circumstances you would expect the girl to cancel because their hair will get wet, their make up will run, etc etc. maybe he's just nervous and using the weather as an excuse. maybe I just manly men who will walk through fire (or in this case walk in the rain) to see me. LOL. :blushing:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    what's he worried about? His wig blowing off> > :laugh:

bahaha this made me laugh out loud!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

I don't think it only takes 1 date to know if there is interest, chemistry, attraction, etc. I try to give it about 3 dates, sometimes less/sometimes more. It's possible he enjoyed your company so he went out on a second date. Although he still enjoyed your company it's possible he didn't feel chemistry/spark/attraction.. who knows? but I go out on more than 1 date with a person until I decide yay or nay, my mind isn't always made up the first time I meet you. Heck, I have dated a guy over a month and I have only just now been like 'yup I like him'

That being said, I have a 'no poofing' rule after date two.. I am ok to poof after the first meeting, but if you go out again I think it is nice to just say something like 'I wasn't feeling it, but good luck with your search'

None the less, sorry!!! Always sucks, but it was only date 2, so NEXT!!! keep on trying, he will come!
  • laurenz2501
    Options
    I don't think it only takes 1 date to know if there is interest, chemistry, attraction, etc. I try to give it about 3 dates, sometimes less/sometimes more. It's possible he enjoyed your company so he went out on a second date. Although he still enjoyed your company it's possible he didn't feel chemistry/spark/attraction.. who knows? but I go out on more than 1 date with a person until I decide yay or nay, my mind isn't always made up the first time I meet you. Heck, I have dated a guy over a month and I have only just now been like 'yup I like him'

That being said, I have a 'no poofing' rule after date two.. I am ok to poof after the first meeting, but if you go out again I think it is nice to just say something like 'I wasn't feeling it, but good luck with your search'

None the less, sorry!!! Always sucks, but it was only date 2, so NEXT!!! keep on trying, he will come!

I guess I just got the wrong impression. A 10-hour date for the first date is A LONG TIME to not have ANY chemistry whatsoever. I don't know..I'm starting to think this is just what he does. He seems like a ladies man...