Fitting It In (giggity)

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I am a vegetarian (mostly vegan) and have a really hard time getting my protein requirements and saying below my carb allowance. Any help would be great!

I am a vegetarian and have no problems hitting my target, although it would be challanging for me without protein powders if I were vegan - pre logging helps, as does greek yogurt. The above was an example of a vegetarian meal. I also pulled together this to help people with ideas: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    True quote from a friend on one of my diary days - "Fitting a box of whoppers into your calorie goal is impressive. Fitting it into your macros too is a g*dd*mn art!"

I think people get too obsessed with dieting and think that you must deprive yourself of everything you love because it's evil. I suspect that these are the same people that fail spectacularly and end up sat on the couch with a gallon of ice cream and a spoon.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    I love this group. I don't think I'd be making any progress if I thought I had to cut out my favorites. :drinker:
  • artd9312
    artd9312 Posts: 41 Member
    This is beyond awesome - practical, to the point - thank you so much for a real example. It is incredibly helpful to see one, even for those of us who stalk others' diaries for ideas.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Thanks for putting this together - great ideas especially since 1400 is my calorie goal, and I love sweets! Also makes me realize how important pre-logging is.....need to start doing that. :smile:
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Awesome. I

You can swap out the ice cream for pop-tarts as well.

Or, you can have a pop-tart and a 1/2 a serving of lower cal ice-cream and make a sammich - same calories:

1 pop tart (s'mores): 200 cals
    1/2 serving Edy's slow churn, cookies & cream: 60 cals

Total = 260 cals

Yes, please!
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    bump for later :)
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    This is an awesome thread. Thanks for the helpful info :)
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    I saw this thread linked in a thread about *gasp* eating 5,000 calories a day. Thought I would add to the evidence.

There are times where I really suck at protein, because I simply do not eat a lot of meat or vegetarian/vegan substitutes. So I do have protein powder because it makes it easier. However, I still have room for treats sometimes. Here is a good example. Coconut ice cream with strawberries oh my! :happy:

ETA: I *will* get this pic right!

5aq0wi.png
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    In...

...because ice cream...

...and giggity.

(Two of my favorite things.)
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    So glad that, occasionally, the general (-ly insane) forum posts lead to golden groups like this! :D<3
  • ijohn911
    ijohn911 Posts: 1
    Where can I get a blank chart like this..?
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Bump so I can see the picture and read up when I get home!
  • ijohn001
    ijohn001 Posts: 166
    Bumping.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    unfortunately the pic is no longer available...crap
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    unfortunately the pic is no longer available...crap

friggin photobucket...

will upload from tinypic if I can find the original!
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Bump
  • skinnieminnie007
    skinnieminnie007 Posts: 6 Member
    Yes, please do!
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Edy's Slo - Churn FTW !!!! I eat it every week, multiple times ...YUM !

And chocolate Fudge Cake .....nom,nom,nom .....
  • MizzEngelChen
    MizzEngelChen Posts: 71 Member
    Interested to see this again