Week 1 : Workouts (Tell me what your doing?)

Options

Replies

• mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    lilliann7877 I love KETTLEBALL WORKOUTS!
  • Overcomer7737
    Overcomer7737 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mike, this is a duplicate post...I'm not sure where you want us to ask questions!!

This is the extent of my workout at the moment...I do anticipate improvement with the Physical Therapy, etc.

Thanks!

Mike,

My name is Pam. Do you have any recommendations for those who are physically challenged? I've just entered Physical Therapy and see a Chiropractor. I am unable to stand more than 10*15 min/at a time, or walk more than about the same amount of time w/o having to stop due to pain and weakness in low back, heels and left hip. So right now, my cardio is walking up my 9 stairs to my apartment 1*2 X day. Other time is spent in recliner recovering from those 10*15 min of standing or walking. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for putting this group together and I'm so looking forward to this. ! Blessings, Pam:)
  • Overcomer7737
    Overcomer7737 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Where is the LIKE button?....Be the best YOU.....love it Mike!
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Monday AM yoga 90 minutes at 5PM warm up for 15 minute on a bike or elliptical i do a circuit for 45 minute with my trainer
    Tuesday AM Yoga 90 minutes at 5PM run for 35 to 40 minutes then elliptical for 20 minutes i try and get in 60 minutes cardio
    Wednesday AM yoga 90 minutes at trainer so same as Monday
    Thursday Yoga 90 minutes 5PM run for 35 minutes then other cardio for 20 total 60 minutes
    Friday Weights and about 45 minutes cardio
    Saturday yoga 90 minutes
    Sunday off
    oh and i am going to start the new rules of lifting this week to
  • Lauranap
    Lauranap Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    3 days/week 30-45 mins running/jogging on treadmill
    3 days/week Turbo Fire DVDs between 30 & 55 mins
  • ashtonb87
    ashtonb87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership and I'm in week 9 of C25K. I am just beginning to do strength training on a regular basis (average 2x a week for at least 30min). I also do a 45 min spin class every Tuesday and mix in elliptical time throughout the week.
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    5 days a week I'm walking uphill at a pace averaging around 3-4 mph for about 2 hours.
    Once a week on Saturdays, I walk to and hike up Mount Rubidoux, which is about 10 miles total.
    3 days a week I'm Circuit Training/Strength Training
    1 day I week I do yoga
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    Ripped in 30 doing every other day
    weights 2 times a week
    pilates 2 times a week
    walking (and jogging) 2 times a week for an hour
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Calories:2000
    I've stalled, so I've increased my calories last week and will continue to keep them at this level this week.

Monday: Martial Arts 45
    Tuesday: Combat Cardio 45
    Wednesday: Martial Arts 45
    Thursday: Combat Cardio 45
    Friday: Orange Belt Testing 1.5 hours

This week I am going to add a little weight training. Squats, Lunges, arms curls, additional push-ups, and sit-ups.
  • MarlaStuck
    MarlaStuck Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Curves circuit training MWF
    Zumba T & sometimes TH
    Supreme 90 3-5 days a week
    Walk 10,000 steps daily
  • Culanow
    Culanow Posts: 11
    Options
    Reading all of these I feel like the biggest slacker. I do a brisk walk about 30 minutes a day if I can. Otherwise I find other cardio ways, such as a 60 minute heavy clean of the house, or washing a load or two of clothes by hand. (which definitely works the arm and stomach muscles)

I do not have a gym membership (nor plan on getting one anytime soon) and do strength training with canned goods and other heavy objects here in the house.

I'd love to be able to run, but at this time I can't even pull off a simple jog. I'll get there though!

I definately do not think you should feel like a slacker!!! You are here with all of us and your doing something!!! Thats is a start! No one ever goes from a sedintary life to being active and fit overnight... its a process!!! And its as much a mental challange as as physical challange. I for one have been very guilty of thinking " i cant do that" ... but oh the power you feel when you do!!! Its all about one goal at a time and one day at a time. When i started running i could barely walk around the track one time without Being out of breath but someone kept saying to me... "Yes you can!"... you are NOT a slacker! Youve done the hardest part which is getting started!! The rest of it will just be power and progress!!!
  • laura920
    laura920 Posts: 52
    Options
    I JUST did week 1, day 1, c25k. Signed up for my first 5k in July. Other than that I have fizzled out on my workouts. I HAVE Nike+ trainer for xbox, Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I have lots of workout support but I'm good at sabotaging myself! Looking to get back into a regular routine!
  • mikehart164
    Options
    Hi, I'm Marcia I am am on week 4 of P90X. I actually like it...BUT... in the 4 weeks I have been doing it I have lost a grand total of 2 pounds... when I started the program i was eating 1800 calories, I just dropped to 1600 last Tuesday. The program recommends I eat more but I only lost weight after I reduced my cals.. Question is am I on the right track????? Help

The premise of P90x is to increase lean muscle so you will not lose a great deal of weight in weeks 1-6 but 7-12 you should start to drop body fat and weight because your metabolism will be faster due to the increase in lean muscle. 1600 is fine however. Just make sure you are eating protein around the workouts and fruit pre workout to fuel the workouts. I think you will be fine Marcia keep on keeping on!!
  • mikehart164
    Options
    Mike, this is a duplicate post...I'm not sure where you want us to ask questions!!

This is the extent of my workout at the moment...I do anticipate improvement with the Physical Therapy, etc.

Thanks!

Mike,

My name is Pam. Do you have any recommendations for those who are physically challenged? I've just entered Physical Therapy and see a Chiropractor. I am unable to stand more than 10*15 min/at a time, or walk more than about the same amount of time w/o having to stop due to pain and weakness in low back, heels and left hip. So right now, my cardio is walking up my 9 stairs to my apartment 1*2 X day. Other time is spent in recliner recovering from those 10*15 min of standing or walking. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for putting this group together and I'm so looking forward to this. ! Blessings, Pam:)

Pam. Do you have full use of your upper body? IF you do I would recommend circuits in your chair after your 10-15 minutes of standing. DB Curls DB Presses DB Overhead Extensions Front Raises Lateral Raises, Chair Crunches, Knee Lifts, Deep Breathing, etc.

Google: Seated Exercises grab some 3-7 pound dumbbells and get cranking Im sure this will help you. Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions for each exercise you find and do this 3 days per week!!

=)
    You have inspired me I wish you the very best !!
  • mikehart164
    Options
    Reading all of these I feel like the biggest slacker. I do a brisk walk about 30 minutes a day if I can. Otherwise I find other cardio ways, such as a 60 minute heavy clean of the house, or washing a load or two of clothes by hand. (which definitely works the arm and stomach muscles)

I do not have a gym membership (nor plan on getting one anytime soon) and do strength training with canned goods and other heavy objects here in the house.

I'd love to be able to run, but at this time I can't even pull off a simple jog. I'll get there though!

Way to support one and other I love this POST!

I definately do not think you should feel like a slacker!!! You are here with all of us and your doing something!!! Thats is a start! No one ever goes from a sedintary life to being active and fit overnight... its a process!!! And its as much a mental challange as as physical challange. I for one have been very guilty of thinking " i cant do that" ... but oh the power you feel when you do!!! Its all about one goal at a time and one day at a time. When i started running i could barely walk around the track one time without Being out of breath but someone kept saying to me... "Yes you can!"... you are NOT a slacker! Youve done the hardest part which is getting started!! The rest of it will just be power and progress!!!
  • savannahkyle
    Options
    o.k I just joined and am starting to workout again....holy after reading most of these posts i truly need to get moving. I plan on starting the 30 day shred tomorrow and doing a walk/run workout on treadmill 6 days a week. Needing to put strenght in there somewhere.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    This month I am focusing on abs...doing an ab challenge and Hip Hop abs...workingout 6 days a week.

Just finished Les Mills Combat and before that insnaity.
  • locababa
    locababa Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have recently changed jobs. Before i rode in a golf cart if i went anywhere on our 90 acre campus. Now i walk, at least 20 minutes a day. Also, old building had an elevator, new building has stairs, so i am walking those also. Started back on curves this morning, aimming for three times a week at least.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Curently I am doing Chalean Extreme the burn series (for strength) and hip hop abs (for cardio)
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I do something every day. I walk to and from work Monday - Friday which is a total of 35-40 minutes (fast paced). After work I do a 30-45 minute DVD (was 30 Day Shred - now ChaLEAN Extreme). CLX consists of 3 days of heavy lifting, 2 days of cardio plus abs and/or yoga/stretch. Chalean recommends 2 rest days... but I don't really know what that means. :-) I use an HRM and typically burn 300-400 calories a day every day working out - more if I go skiing. I let my gym membership lapse as I'm loving this routine and have been doing it consistently since the end of December.