Week 1-4 : Diet

Options
124»

Replies

• Culanow
    Culanow Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm eating over my calories almost every day. I've been on MFP about a week. I'm starting to measure out portions and saw a post that says to plan your meals the day before. So, my goal is to implement that, I think that will help. I'm still feeling my way around on the site. I never realized how many calories I was actually taking in...aagghh! So glad my Dr. recommended a food diary. This one specifically.

I get stuck when I emotionally eat, knowing full well that I am. I need new tools to break that habit.

I totally agree with never realizing how many calories one eats in a day on a normal basis. Even when I go over my calories, the food diary has been a great help in at least keeping it real! It's so much easier to say no to a certain food when you've got to be accountable for it!!! It also helps in making better choices. If I only have 200 calories left in the day I want to make the most of it, which ususally means I'm going to eat something healthier instead of blowing it all on one small unhealthy snack :)

The food diary is the very best tool for getting a handle on what is actually going into your body every day!!
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weight training days, 2153 cals, cardio days 1884, rest days 1615, according to NROWLFW...6 small meals-300to 400 cal per meal
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I checked a couple of calculations and since I sit at a desk all day, to lose 1 lb a week, my daily calorie intake should be 1260....which is doable with good choices. I know there is a lot of bashing about the 1200 cal diet....but I think 1260 is correct for me. Not stress eating, drinking water and fitting in exercise into my busy day are goals. Years ago I used to work out regularly and completed a half marathon. Now, I want to get back to running, but I need to be able to do most of my workout from home as I have 2 young kids....and joining a gym etc is not a viable option.
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Lol like a drug dealer. Try walking out of a clients house with a 10 pound bag of Raw Hemp which is Green I felt like I definitely was doing something illegal. That is awesome what you are doing!! Keep up the great work. I have huge bags of ground flax in my refridgerator too because flax isnt stable at room temperature.

My meals are pretty straight forward and the same with little variety (which works for me). Usually includes oatmeal, flaxseed, milk (soy), and some fruit. Lunch is a salad of some kind. I premake them in those tall chinese ice tea containers. i have a food scale(i suggest to get one to all) and i make 100gram packages of things in snack bags this include blueberries, stringbeans, snap peas, carrots ect. making 100gram baggies:

1. makes me feel like a drug dealer or some (jk but not really i feel like im doing something strange)
    2. makes it easier for me to log what and how much im eating.
    3. Keeps me on track and prevent me from wondering how much i ate

I usually prep my snacks twice a week and it takes about an hour but i can just grab and go premade baggies.

My meats are usually the same but in 3 ounce increments.

my diet issues right now is that i have a hard time getting enough protein and i never have time to cook chicken or things as such.
    oh I also boil egg, usually 6 at a time and keep in the fridge.
    I will take a pic if I get a chance so you guys can see.
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1200 does not need to be bashed and is fine on days you do not workout however. If you burn 700 calories you need to eat back some of those calories roughly 350-400 to maintain muscle mass and not to lose metabolisum so eat back 50-60% of the calories you burn and you will be fine at 1200. Best of luck keep it up i'm always here for assistance!
    I checked a couple of calculations and since I sit at a desk all day, to lose 1 lb a week, my daily calorie intake should be 1260....which is doable with good choices. I know there is a lot of bashing about the 1200 cal diet....but I think 1260 is correct for me. Not stress eating, drinking water and fitting in exercise into my busy day are goals. Years ago I used to work out regularly and completed a half marathon. Now, I want to get back to running, but I need to be able to do most of my workout from home as I have 2 young kids....and joining a gym etc is not a viable option.