Welcome everybody! (and tonight's homework)

Options
jesindc
jesindc Posts: 724 Member
Here is the basic schedule.
- Monday we will focus on Arms and Shoulders + short cardio.
- Tuesday we will focus on Legs and Abs + short cardio.
- Wednesday is a long cardio day (no strength training).
- Thursday we will focus on Chest and Back + short cardio
- Friday is a long cardio day (no strength training)
- Saturday is an optional cardio day, otherwise a day of rest.
- Sunday is a day of rest.

Try to plan out your meals ahead of time and stick with them. Write your weekly “menu” and hang it up on the refrigerator. Be specific and include snacks.

Try to drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Try to stand more. You burn more calories when you are standing verses sitting. As simple as it sounds, it’s hard to motivate yourself to do it. When you are watching TV or talking on the phone, try to remind yourself to stand up (even if it’s just for a few minutes). Time yourself if you think of it, and come back and brag out it!

Motivate each other! I have a few pals who will “raise” me an exercise every few days (i.e. “I see your exercise plan and I raise you 50 jumping jacks!” I think it’s fun and I’d like to encourage you to “raise” us. Just try to keep it in the same general muscle group or keep it cardio.

Here is your homework for tonight.
1) Take your measurements (at the very least, measure your waist, hips and chest. You may also want to measure your biceps and thighs).
2) Weigh-in. But don’t sweat the numbers too much. Measurements are way more important.
3) Come back and post your goals. You don’t have to post your starting measurements and weight unless you want to.
4) Start working on next week's menu and when you're done, hang it on your refrigerator

Replies

• ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Tricia, 28 years old, 5'7" from southern California. Married, mother to 4 kids, just gave birth 5 months ago.

Homework for 3/20/2013

Wednesday--long cardio day: Burned 1479 calories doing 2 hours of walking/running

1) Neck: 14, Bicep: 16, Chest: 40, Waist: 38, Hips: 50, Thigh: 25

2) CW: 232 lbs.

3) My goal is to get below 200 lbs before summer (lose 32 pounds)

4) Here's my weekly Meals Menu (I always make one of these):

A Week in Advance (Meals Menu) (Edit post)
    Posted on 03/17/2013 by TrishDaDish85
    Monday:
    Breakfast: Caramel Apple Oatmeal
    Snack: Yogurt
    Lunch: Popcorn Shrimp Salad
    Snack: PB, Banana, Chocolate and Oats Cookies
    Dinner: Spiced Salmon with Avocado Salsa, Brown Rice and Green Beans

Tuesday:
    Breakfast: Strawberry Maple Waffles and Bacon
    Snack: Orange
    Lunch: Bean and Cheese Burrito with Salsa
    Snack: Hardboiled Egg and baby Heirloom Tomatoes
    Dinner: Cajun Shrimp with Polenta

Wednesday:
    Breakfast: Egg and Spinach Quiche with Toast
    Snack: VitaMuffin
    Lunch: Tuna Salad with Tomatoes, Apples and Grapes
    Snack: Sliced Apple dusted with Cinnamon and 2 Tbsp PB
    Dinner: Dinner at the Church

Thursday:
    Breakfast: Cereal, Banana and Coffee
    Snack: String Cheese and Orange
    Lunch: Greek Pizza with Hummus, Olives, Sun dried Tomatoes & Artichokes
    Snack: Hardboiled Egg and baby Heirloom Tomatoes
    Dinner: Pork with Cherry Chutney and Spiced Sweet Potatoes

Friday:
    Breakfast: Potato and Veggie Hash with a Tortilla
    Snack: Cottage Cheese and Honey Drizzle
    Lunch: BLT's with Avocado and Grapes
    Snack: Peach Smoothie
    Dinner: Chicken and Chorizo Paella

Saturday:
    Breakfast: Biscuits and Gravy with Fruit Salad
    Snack: Mixed Berries Smoothie
    Lunch: Turkey and Veggie Pita Sandwich
    Snack: Pudding and Nilla Waffers
    Dinner: Jambalaya Stuffed Bell Peppers and Corn Patties

Sunday:
    Breakfast: Veggie Omelets and Toast
    Snack: Yogurt
    Lunch: Mediterranean Pita Nachos
    Snack: Apple and PB
    Dinner: Steak Fajitas and Mixed Whole Beans
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Melissa. 33 years old. Live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Quick question - I have a pre-set workout schedule from a trainer, can I still participate in this challenge even if I'm not doing things on the same days necessarily? My set routine is below:

Monday - full body training with my trainer and 40min cardio
    Tuesday - 40min cardio
    Wednesday - Chest, Shoulders and Abs, and 40 min cardio
    Thursday - Back, Biceps and Legs, and 40 min cardio
    Friday - Tricep, Legs and Abs, and 40min cardio
    Saturday - rest or optional cardio (usually do at least 60min of cardio)
    Sunday - rest or optional cardo (usually do at least 40min of cardio)

Homework:

1) Waist: 40.75, Hips: 44, Chest: 43.25, Bicep: 11.25, Thigh: 21
    2) Current weight: 200.5lbs
    3) Goals: Lose 30lbs by summer and reach my doctor recommended goal weight of 170lbs.
    4) Going grocery shopping this weekend so my meals will definitely be planned :)
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options

Quick question - I have a pre-set workout schedule from a trainer, can I still participate in this challenge even if I'm not doing things on the same days necessarily? My set routine is below:

Tuesday - 40min cardio

Homework:

3) Goals: Lose 30lbs by summer and reach my doctor recommended goal weight of 170lbs.
    4) Going grocery shopping this weekend so my meals will definitely be planned :)

It sounds like your trainer will be having you do a lot of the same stuff we'll be doing. Stick with what your trainer is having you do, but still check back it to stay motivated and let us know what you did -- Maybe you can raise us a few exercises!
  • justkate88
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Kate, I'm from Wales, UK.

I'm another who won't be following the given plan 100% because I'm following a plan given by a combination of my physiotherapist (I'm recovering from a nasty knee injury and awaiting ligament reconstruction to three of my ligaments!) and my baby brother - who is a fitness instructor... and isn't a baby any more.

I generally go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week, and due to my injury I spent the majority of my time on the cross-trainer/elliptical. I weight train at home every day, with small weights for now, I'm hoping to increase and increase as I get stronger.

I'm almost half-way through my goal. I started this journey at 259lbs. I'm currently 209lbs, my mini-goal is to be under 200lbs by the summer. Goal weight (for now) is 160lbs.

Feel free to add away and good luck to everybody!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm Mary and I live in New Hamburg, Ontario, Canada.

I keep busy with a fairly demanding job, taking care of the house and our pups. I am almost halfway to my goal weight of 135 to 140lbs. I started making changes towards being healthy, fit and feeling good around the end of last summer and feel great with the progress so far, but I have struggled this winter (am enjoying the fact that I have not gained anything back :drinker:).

I am fairly competitive so love the idea of "raising" and challenging each other to work harder.

The schedule you have set out is pretty similar to what I am doing already so sounds good.

Homework:
    1) Chest 42.5", Biceps 12.5", Waist 38", Hips 44" and Thighs 24.5"
    2) 182lbs and I have been stuck here for the past 2 months, need to kick it up a notch.
    3) Goal for weight is to be at least 160lbs by summer and to train hard for the Toronto Tough Mudder on May 11th.
    4) I will start working on a menu, that will be a project.

I have been getting a lot better at drinking more water, I will continue to work on that.

Feel free to add me, the more motivating friends the better!!
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1) Chest - 39.25, Abdomen - 40.75, Waist - 38.85, Hips - 43
    2) Weight 197, Bodyfat - 20% (Down from 38% January 9!)
    3) My goal is to be 10% bodyfat by June 1. It's a little ambitious and not very likely but if I'm going to set a goal, I may as well make it worth reaching. I don't care so much about my weight.
    4) I'll have to work on my menu later...it's bed time.
  • sac4fd
    sac4fd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello Team! I'm Stephanie, happy to be here and have everyone's support:)

Homework:

Waist: 31" Hips: 40.75" Chest: 33" Biceps: 11.75" Thighs: 24"

CW: 151
    CBF: 30.3%

GW: 145
    GBF: 27.5% ( this goal being the one I am more focused on because I have just recently switched my caloric intake from 1200 a day to 1800 a day following the eat more to weigh less philosophy and as I understand this may result in a weight increase at first but will eventually drop off)

My menu, I have begun to plan... I just need to find one more dinner option and I should be good to go!
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Pam. I'm a 56 years old grandma who works fulltime at an office. Needless to say I sit on my duff alot. I go to the gym at the office every morning for about an hour before I go to work. I joined the gym a year ago to help me quit smoking. I made it. That was my goal for 2012. On 4/4, it will be one year smokeless. We have various classes every day except Monday morning that I participate in.

Biceps 14.50 Thighs 25 Waist 44.50 Hips 47 Chest 42.50

My weight is still at 225. I'm stuck there.

I would like to be down 50 pounds by my birthday, which is a lofty goal. That's a little over 2 pounds a week. So, next week I'm starting another workout class in the evening for 45 minutes.

When we eat at home, I have no problem eating right. If we go out, I tend to go overboard. Breakfast and lunch are static. I eat the same things every day. Supper is always meat and vegetable if we are home. We were going out 2 or 3 times a week. We now only go out on Friday evening unless there is something very special going on.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I am Diana , from Coquitlam BC, Canada . I am 5.7 and at 144 pounds .

Homework for 3/20/2013

1) Neck: 12.5, Biceps: 10.5, Chest: 39, Waist: 3833.5, Hips: 39, Thigh: 20

2) CW: 144 lbs.

3) My goal is to get below 136 lbs before summer and drop 5 inches on my waist .

4) For my weekly Meals Menu :I am on low carbs,low fat low sugar diet. I am an emotional eater and I am going through emotional times , so I eat 6-7 times/day .
    Do we have to post the menu here , or just have it on our fridge?

5) Drinking water is really not a problem for me . I can have up to 20 glasses per day just because I am thirsty . Whatever I go I have a bottle or two of water in my bag .....weird thing , I know .

6. I will follow the exercise plan proposed here and I will do it with light weights ( I am injured too after a car accident in January). I will also add yoga , hopefully 4 times per week and I will count it as cardio.

Thank you guys for doing this , I love this challenge.

Hugs,
    Diana
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Briana from the US, 5'2" and 182 lbs. I want to lose around 20-30 lbs by summer, and 40 + lbs all together.
    Homework:
    Arms: 14.5,14.4
    Chest:40
    Stomach:38
    Hips:45.3
    Thighs:28.2,28.1
    Calfs:17,17
  • Tuten210
    Tuten210 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Amanda, I'm 6'1" and I've been using MFP on and off since May of last year. I've lost 50 pounds so far, but I've been stuck at and around 50 lbs lost for about 5 months. I can't seem to break through...but I hope by joining this group, it will keep me motivated and challenge me. My current stats are:

Weight: 248.2
    Waist 37.0 on 03/21/13
    Hips 49.5 on 03/21/13
    Left Thigh 25.5 on 03/21/13
    Right Thigh 25.5 on 03/21/13
    Left Calf 17.0 on 03/21/13
    Right Calf 17.0 on 03/21/13
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Tuesday - 40min cardio

Homework:

It sounds like your trainer will be having you do a lot of the same stuff we'll be doing. Stick with what your trainer is having you do, but still check back it to stay motivated and let us know what you did -- Maybe you can raise us a few exercises!

I definitely will as I think this motivation and support will help me stay on track :)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!! Here's my homework:

Waist: 39.5
    Hips: 38.5
    Chest: 36.5
    Biceps: 11.5
    Thighs: 22.25

SW: 143.5
    CW: 137.0
    GW: 115-118

My Exercise routine will be as follows:

Monday: C25K & Zumba
    Tuesday: Total body toning (dvd) & zumba
    Wednesday: C25K & Sizzling salsa & red hot cardio party (dvd's)
    Thursday: Workout dvd's (my choice) & zumba
    Friday: C25K & Total body workout & workout dvd's (my choice of dvd)

Next Weeks Menu: I usually start planning my menu on Sat. for the week ahead and go grocery shopping on Sun. I'm going to be gone for the entire weekend this so my weeks planning and grocery shopping will be done on Monday.

My Goals: I have been on MFP for almost 60 days, I've lost only 6.5 lbs. I was doing really good and then I was real sick for about 2 weeks. I've had trouble getting my mojo back after being sick and only lost 0.5 lbs since. When I found this challenge I was already in the process of reviewing my goals, trying to destress. I've noticed that ever since being sick I do really well during the day while my husband is gone but then kill it all with dinner. So, I've decided to go back to improvising my dinners so we can both be happy. Ex. last night I made him fried pork chop, rice, gravy & veggies. I had grilled pork chop (rubbed with olive oil, rosemary (I grow my own) salt & pepper), brown rice & veggies. No gravy. Tonight, my husband will have tuna casserole (1 can albacore tuna, 1 box mac-n-cheese & 1 can cream of mushroom soup) & I will have baked fish w/brown rice & veggies. I had quit eating like this at dinner time after being sick and was maintaining my weight instead of losing. Hahaha....atleast now I know how to maintain. I would like to be at least 10 lbs down (if not more) by my anniversary, April 23, and by this summer be at goal and look good in my clothes.

If anyone would like to add me as a friend that would be great:happy:

Looking forward to doing this challenge with all of you & happy losing to all of us.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Okay - the measurements I took were my waist, hips and neck.

Waist: 41 1/2
    Hips: 43 3/4
    Neck: 13 1/2

CW: 193.2 (I haven't run this week. ; p and that shows)
    BF: 37%
    Muscle Mass (MM): 29
    Water Weight: 45

GW: 140
    GBF: 23%

A weeks Menu???? Well - that's a tough one. I tend to buy what looks good, in season, or that we haven't had in a while and then make meals as we go and are within the time budget. I know that a menu plan would be better but everytime I've tried it, it always falls apart. So, that's a challenge for sure.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am Kathy. I am a full-time working (desk job), 40-year-old, mother of 4. I live in Indiana. I lost a significant amount of weight a couple of years ago just by walking and watching what I ate. I slacked off and regained some weight. I am struggling to get back into being active. I am anxious to start lifting in conjunction with my walking to see if I can tighten and tone as I lose.

My measurements are as follows...
    Waist - 41 inches
    Hips - 53 inches
    Thighs - 29.5 inches
    Bust - 42 inches
    Arms - 19 inches
    Ribs - 39 inches

Starting weight: 236 pounds
    Goal by my birthday (approximately 14 weeks) - at least 199 pounds (approximately 2 pounds per week)
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My homework:

CW- 159.4
    GW- 140

Starting measurements:

Neck- 13.5
    waist- 37
    Bust- 40.5
    Arms- L 11.5 R 11.5
    Hips- 43
    Thighs-L 22.5 R 23
  • reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    hello my name is clarissa! Im 5'7

CW-191.2
    GW-180 originally but i might change it to 170..
    Measurements
    neck-13in
    chest-38
    hips-40
    arms-13
    thighs-27
  • TheKittyCato
    TheKittyCato Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow challengers- HOMEWORK 3/20/2013

CW 145.4
    GW No real goal weight in mind, just want to look better in my jeans :wink:
    HEIGHT 5'2"
    Starting measurements

WAIST 33
    HIPS 40
    CHEST 35
    ARMS L 11 R 11
    THIGHS L 25 R 25.25

I am somewhat new to MFP I have been a member on and off for a few months just tracking food and excercie with no real lasting results. I have recently decided to become more active in the community, in hopes that it will assst in keeping me motivated and on track with the diet and the excercise. I am looking forward to the challenge! I am not a big strength training person. I was considering doing the 30 shred videos along with the your cardio regime. I was hoping this would give me some direction with the strength training and toning. I have not watched the videos yet so don't hold me to this, just yet, I may change my mind after watching. We shall see. Either way, I am in this to WIN! Good luck fellow challengers.
  • daisybelle88
    daisybelle88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im Daisy and I'm from England. I've lost about 25lbs all ready but I'm really in need of some motivation and support - I would love some new friends!

I'm 5'6.5" (the .5 is always important)

CW - 152.8
    GW - 140
    UGW - 133

My homework is done:

Measurements:
    Waist 29.5
    Hips 43.0
    Bust 37.5
    Thigh 23.0
    Bicep 11.5

I'm food shopping tonight so I'm all ready for the start tomorrow, menu plan is on the fridge!!
  • profesorakate
    profesorakate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!

I will post tomorrow with my stats and goals as Friday is my weigh-in day. When is the end date of the challenge? June 20th/21st?

Feel free to add me, not that I know what that does as I'm fairly new to MFP.

I, like many others, will not be sticking to the plan 100%. My exercise is as follows:

Yoga class 2-3 times a week
    Yoga in the evening from video 4-5 times a week (the days I don't go to class)
    Pilates class 3-4 times a week
    30 Day Shred (until 11th April) at least 9 out of the 10 days for each level
    Ripped in 30 (from April 12th - one rest day a week)
    Brazilian Butt Lift (at some point, maybe in conjunction with RI30)

Meals wise: I can't plan a week ahead. I plan every morning. My aim is gluten free (have been for a while, though I occasionally slip up and my gut does not thank me for that), clean eating (no processed), trying to treat BED and reduce the frequency of my binge episodes. During this challenge I want to start working on my macros, going towards a higher protein diet.