10LB Goal.. Starting NOW? Anyone with me??

Options

Replies

• McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am in, too! Have exactly ten to go. My goal for today is just get used to tracking food and being honest.

Wow, it is interesting to record all you eat. I drink a ton of tea and was adding milk or cream and sugar. I can't believe when you start writing down everything how it adds up! So now I am adding tiny bit of skim milk and stevia. Stuff like that should help.

Any thoughts on whether to weigh weekly or daily? I have tried weekly which they say is better but then if it is one if those water-gain days, it can be so frustrating to think you have actually gained that week.

Also, I a new today and the first thing I was going to enter for food was a pice of bread from great harvest which the package says 100 cal for x grams and I weighed it and it was exact,. But the this app database said it was 130 calories. Are other things off too??!!

Well, some people prefer to weigh in daily.. I used to do that but found the up/down/up/down movement would really put me off so at least weighing once a week, there's a good chance that, even with water, you'll show a loss if you've earned it!! I've had a few wobbly weeks with water gain etc but I haven't worked hard enough to get annoyed about it..

Anyway, whatever works for you!!

Go with your own calorie calculations.. a lot of the foods on the database are just entered by fellow MFPers and so are not guaranteed accurate - always a good idea to know what you're eating rather than depend on this!

@ Heatherwill12.. my advice is just to exercise and eat well, very best of luck!!
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hello all! How is everyone doing with their goal!?

My scale has stayed put GRRRR. I however have notice a massive change in the mirror and how much leaner I have gotten. That is what is keeping me going so far :)
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello all! How is everyone doing with their goal!?

My scale has stayed put GRRRR. I however have notice a massive change in the mirror and how much leaner I have gotten. That is what is keeping me going so far :)

I am not sure how I am doing I was out of town most of last week so we will see how much damage I did by not counting calories. I tried to make healthy choices and I worked out but I am going to wait till Friday to weigh in. A week off from Pole Fitness classes made my first day back a little rough.

The scale doesn't matter as much as what you look like in the mirror and how your clothes fit. You can lose fat and gain weight when you are working out. I found that out when I first started pole because I kept having to go get new clothes. I lost weight but some weeks I was up a pound and down a size.

So keep it up and you will see the results!

I will be getting a handle on my diet again starting today and start working on a workout schedule that will include all of my goals. I really need to get a handle on managing my time. My hubby keeps changing shifts and I have so much trouble adjusting to the changes. He changes again the first week of June and I don't like the shift he will likely be on. Oh well those are just excuses I will just have to put on my big girl pants and deal with it.
  • bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The picture of one pound of fat is amazing and the one of ten pounds is certainly a motivation for me to get this fat off my body!! WOW!!!
  • Carriesund
    Carriesund Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies I got on the scale today and I am down to 124 now started at 127 so I am down three pounds since I started posting here. I thought I might have a false sense of weight loss tomorrow since Thursdays are my most active days I usually walk an hour and go to pole fitness for an hour and a half and go to Latin dance for an hour and sometimes we go out dancing after latin. I have not been counting calories just being careful how much I eat and what I put in my mouth. I have not been obsessing about it just finding things to do that are fun and active on top of my regular fun workout classes.
    Hope you ladies have a great weigh in tomorrow.
  • bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Is Friday the weigh in day for this group?
  • SLVUnit
    SLVUnit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok - so im back from my 2 week holiday in Brissy - had my weigh in the very next day ( I know... im so brave!!) i did expect to gain but was quite happy that it was only 500g !! So yaay i didnt distroy my progress completely. But now im back i gotta get into the routine.....I came home to find a great deal of goodies and treats welcoming me ( so nice of my flat mate but not really what i want sitting around the house inviting me to eat them!)

Did a cardio class and burnt off a lovely 400cals - however as i looked around at all the "regulars" i notice that they were definately fitter and were able to keep up with the whole routine= but they really didnt look in great shape for all their hard work !!! I see them come in 3-5 days a week and work hard for an hour in that class - but none of them do any weight training - most of them are still tucking in their muffin tops as they walk in and out of their aerobic session.......so lesson noted - KEEP UP THE WEIGHTS - makes a huge difference to your shape and how quickly you get into the shape you want to be!

Thankyou to those that replied to my snack suggestion - i will be attempting those in the next few days!

OH and a great moment occured when i was shopping in CUE and trying on their lovely dresses - out i came with a dress on i thought was easily my size only to be told i should try the next size down.....fitted perfectly into a 10...............ohhhh if only i had the $350 dollars to buy it!

Well im eager to get back into a good eating plan fresh start tomorrow - and welcome to those who recently joined - very motivating to have you with us all.
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If I could lose 10 pounds in the next 3 months that would be FREAKING AMAZING.

weight: 5'5
    weight: 135 lbs

10 pounds by August 8th it is.
  • SLVUnit
    Options
    So good to hear you acknowledge the changes in the mirror and not by scale weight - Im sure if you are noticing the changes others will too. Keep positive your obviously achieving your goal!
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So,, I am on the last 10 to 15 lbs of vanity. I am going to log my food (gosh am I the only one who hates logging my food. Exercise, not a problem, but food,,ugh) I gotta do this because I am getting a beach pass so that means lots of time with my littles at a beach in a 2 piece
  • tangjuice88
    Options
    I'm also to lose about 10 lbs and have always struggled with keeping on track, and would love the support of the group!
  • SLVUnit
    Options
    I'm also to lose about 10 lbs and have always struggled with keeping on track, and would love the support of the group!

Im glad to have you as a friend - i look forward to the mutual support. I am hating the dark cold mornings and it is not really motivating to climb out my cosy bed for a heavy workout!! I've been doing my workouts in the evenings - i dont think i put as much effort into it compared to morning workouts. Hope this wont stall my weight loss.

What are your main struggles when it comes to loosing that last few pounds?
    For me its the fact that its not too hard to "cover up" those problem areas and most of my friends would scoff at the idea of me needing to loose 10-15lbs - but underneath the clothing i see those xtra pounds that need to go. However i do want to get to that satisfying weight where im not "hiding" certain spots!!

I guess something that keeps me on track most of the time is that i dont really want to get to a point of having to say ive got 30, 40 or 50 pounds to lose - So i have to keep telling myself that its really not a big deal to lose 10pounds and be dedicated to the process of getting there.

So here we go - on the road to the best selves we can be!!

I truely beleive for me that 80% of weight loss success is due to how i eat. I have to keep a good journal of food and calories - i can eat alot if im hungry and easily consume loads of calories in a short time. Logging my food here brings me back into line very quickly.
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I really need to lose another 10lbs and i need more motivation friend me please!
  • tangjuice88
    Options
    Anyone have any tips on how to hunger at bay? I know how many calories I'm supposed to eat each day, but a lot of the time I end up being super hungry in the afternoon, which has made me throw in the towel and eat a huge meal without tracking.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    meeee!!! i'm 138-140 n0w dying to get to 130
  • SLVUnit
    Options
    Wonder how you are going with your 10lb goal everyone????

Had my weigh in today!! Lost 1.4kg ( thats 3 pounds) This is over the last 2 weeks!! YAY for me!
    And this is pure fat loss not muscle or fluild loss - thats why i love the machine at the Dietitian!!!!

I am motivated once again to do the same over the next 2 weeks. I have done a little more cardio than weights over those 2 weeks and i was logging in regularly and finding im often under my cal goal due to the exercise im doing

Some days i had a little more than i should but it goes to show that what you do 90% of the time REALLY does make a difference
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    meee! im soo in there!

ive got 12lbs but am determined to get the first ten under way!
  • SLVUnit
    Options
    Bad week - too much food and eating out and no where near the exercise i should have done - didnt log in much either!!!

Big challenge coming up - a 2 week course where you are feed lovely lunches everyday - think i will have to have the attitude that my "main" big" meal is lunch - and not eat much at dinner time - salad and fruit for dinner i think!!

I hope i can stick to my intention of only haveing a bite of something really yummy and naughty!! And only on the days where i have done 300+ cal exercise day.

Anyway just gotta keep going!!
  • Trisha_McMillan
    Trisha_McMillan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. I need to get below 60kg(133 ibs)
    My final goal is 55 kg/121 pounds. I currently weigh 62kg/137 pounds. :-(
    I am 168 cm tall.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose the last 10 pounds with no success. My first mii goal is 7 pounds by Aug 8th. I have been of track lately and need some accountability. I want to work out 6 days a week and keep my eating in check.