April Results (cutting, bulking, maintaining)

Options
karrielynn80
karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
So, I've changed the last month & this month (hopefully to draw in more "trackers" lol).

If you are tracking anything consistantly we'd love to share your results!, I'm ending my official cut the first wk of April, but i plan to keep at it - after a possible maint wk - to get the results i'm looking for.

Newbies & Oldies (even those of you who have "fallen off the wagon" ) more than welcome! Summer is upon us! Lets kick some booty!

*Please note your "check in" date - i'd like to jot them down on my calendar so I can do a better job keeping up with everyone :D

Results thus far (jan - mar 27)
Digital BF : 30.7 > 24.60 = <6.10>
Caliper BF: 21.4 > 15.81 = <5.59>
Weight : 128.7 > 122.6 = <6.1>
**Measuring on Wednesdays**

Replies

• katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I'm plan to start my cut officially next week. Trying to get used to eating twice the protein, and figuring out my weights this week.
    doing the basic MWF heavy lifting. with a leg split. m-squats w-upper F-deads with 1-2 days of cardio
    types of cardio-walking/jogging with shiva (my profile pic), running stairs, punching bag/kick boxing,
    Trying to just keep it simple.

Changed my protein from 80g to 150 to match LBM.
    pro30,fat30 carb40
    5'4.5 220 and in the 30'sbf
    I'll be measuring sometime next week.

starting weights/1RM(LBs)
    bench-56.3
    dead lift 159
    squat need to test

I also want to do weighted bridges after deads. but last night when I tried to test this,
    it doesn't seem to matter how much padding I use, it doesn't help.
    I used about 110lbs +the weight of the BB, and it still wasn't heavy enough.
    either I'm wrong and having the right padding helps, or I have to stick to deads,

I'd like some advice about which position is best for squats without a squat rack?
    obviously, I can't do the exercises lifting it over my head.
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    I'm plan to start my cut officially next week. Trying to get used to eating twice the protein, and figuring out my weights this week.
    doing the basic MWF heavy lifting. with a leg split. m-squats w-upper F-deads with 1-2 days of cardio
    types of cardio-walking/jogging with shiva (my profile pic), running stairs, punching bag/kick boxing,
    Trying to just keep it simple.

Changed my protein from 80g to 150 to match LBM.
    pro30,fat30 carb40
    5'4.5 220 and in the 30'sbf
    I'll be measuring sometime next week.

starting weights/1RM(LBs)
    bench-56.3
    dead lift 159
    squat need to test

I also want to do weighted bridges after deads. but last night when I tried to test this,
    it doesn't seem to matter how much padding I use, it doesn't help.
    I used about 110lbs +the weight of the BB, and it still wasn't heavy enough.
    either I'm wrong and having the right padding helps, or I have to stick to deads,

I'd like some advice about which position is best for squats without a squat rack?
    obviously, I can't do the exercises lifting it over my head.
    that sounds like a pretty great plan! can't wait to keep up with you.!

I'm a blonde so explain to me what you mean by position for squats? I keep my feet wide...toes pointed straight ahead.
    Great job on the dead - TBH, i don't do deads. I've done them sporadically thru my 12 wk cycles, but never fit them in consistantly. I do weighted squats, lunges & leg press for my "major" leg lifts.

You've inspired me to check out how far i've come in this 12 wk cycle - i might list my stats on wed with my weigh in :)
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sure i will try to keep up with you ladies.

Right now i am doing a bulk but i am kinda doing it the hard way cause i dont want to gain a lot of fat since summer is almost here and i spend 90% of my time in a bikini LOL

I eat a surplus on heavy workout days and on cardio and rest days i eat at maintenance. I have been doing this since Feb. 5th and i am up 2-3lbs from 110# to 112-113#. I am 5'2"

I feel like i am doing a pretty good job at gaining muscle with out putting on too much fat... i feel leaner then i did a couple months ago and my muscles do look larger though i havent been doing any measuring. Mainly just been using the scale and mirror. I do have a BF scale but since i have implants its always wrong and i dont trust it at all.

My goal is to gain a little more muscle and then do a cut and try to get down to around 14-15% BF... my BF scale tells me 18% but im sure im a little lower then that.

For workouts i am doing p90x but only doing the lifting days & plyo on the other days i do HIIT's
    & On leg day i add Deadlifts lifting at 150# looking to reach 200# by summer.

i eat 30p/30f/40c and eating around 1900 on lifting days and 1500-1600 on cardio/rest days.

I plan to keep doing this maybe for another month and then start my cut so that i am learner for summer and once i get to where i like then just maintain.
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    Sure i will try to keep up with you ladies.

Right now i am doing a bulk but i am kinda doing it the hard way cause i dont want to gain a lot of fat since summer is almost here and i spend 90% of my time in a bikini LOL

I eat a surplus on heavy workout days and on cardio and rest days i eat at maintenance. I have been doing this since Feb. 5th and i am up 2-3lbs from 110# to 112-113#. I am 5'2"

I feel like i am doing a pretty good job at gaining muscle with out putting on too much fat... i feel leaner then i did a couple months ago and my muscles do look larger though i havent been doing any measuring. Mainly just been using the scale and mirror. I do have a BF scale but since i have implants its always wrong and i dont trust it at all.

My goal is to gain a little more muscle and then do a cut and try to get down to around 14-15% BF... my BF scale tells me 18% but im sure im a little lower then that.

For workouts i am doing p90x but only doing the lifting days & plyo on the other days i do HIIT's
    & On leg day i add Deadlifts lifting at 150# looking to reach 200# by summer.

i eat 30p/30f/40c and eating around 1900 on lifting days and 1500-1600 on cardio/rest days.

I plan to keep doing this maybe for another month and then start my cut so that i am learner for summer and once i get to where i like then just maintain.

Awesome plan. I'm not sure how often you track / measure but I always post on those days & make a point to check in on other days. I think Bulks - especially clean / healthy ones are the harder b/t the two for me - b/c cuts are so "planned" while bulking... well it's just harder for me to moderate what I eat when i'm trying to gain. My first bulk I gained 6 lbs & 6% points in 6 wks - and felt like i'd gained 50 lol!

Do you have any bulking goals or are just trying to gain muscle / lean out / repeat to see where you like your body at? (that's kinda my mindset - body "recomp" )
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hello! I was on maintenance for a few months but started a "cut" on March 8. I got my BF% tested with calipers for the first time, and it was 24.7%. My initial plan is to re-test BF after 14 weeks with the hopes of losing 3 lbs of fat and getting to 23%.

Starting stats:
    height 5'3.75"
    weight 135
    BF% 24.7

I'm doing a 4 day upper/lower split and some cardio too. My lifting stats right now are

OHP 50 lbs - 1 rep (40 lbs 5x5)
    Squat 105 - 2 reps (80 lbs 5x5)
    RDL - 85 - 5 reps (80 lbs 5x5)
    DB rows - 30 - 5x6
    DB chest press - 25 - 5x10

I have had hip joint issues in the past which is why my DL lags (I actually just re-started DLs and squats 2 weeks ago :wink: ) and I don't have a spotter which is why my chest press is DB and lacking as well. I have plenty of long term goals for these but for the 14 weeks just hoping to see some strength improvement. Then after the cut hopefully even better! :smile:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm in for another month.

Stats as of Saturday were 156.6 and 23.2% bf. Weight is up a little from my last check in but bf% has stayed down so I'm okay with that.

I'm working on adding in more cardio to my routine and minimizing my food splurges to help keep my diet in check.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm in for cutting this month! Over the last few months I've made some great strength gains, but now it's time to shed the extra layer.

I weighed in this morning at 190.2, but I think that is high from all of the sodium I ate this weekend, so I'll recheck that along with calipers and pictures tomorrow morning.
    Height: 5'9.5"
    Weight: 190.2
    BF%: I need to recheck

OHP 60 lbs 5x5
    Squat 125 lbs 5x5
    Deadlift - 185 lbs 1x5
    DB rows - 80 lbs 5x5
    Bench Press - 70 lbs 5x5

I'm switching from a Stronglifts/New Rules of Lifting Hybrid to Six Week Shred, (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six-week-shred-torch-fat-with-hiit-100s.html). I did day 1 of the workout this morning and it will be intense! :happy:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Okay edits to the above:

I'm in for cutting this month! Over the last few months I've made some great strength gains, but now it's time to shed the extra layer.

Height: 5'9.5"
    Weight: 187
    BF%: ~28.5 (I tried to do the calipers myself - so I'm not really counting on accuracy...)

OHP 60 lbs 5x5
    Squat 125 lbs 5x5
    Deadlift - 185 lbs 1x5
    DB rows - 80 lbs 5x5
    Bench Press - 70 lbs 5x5

I'm switching from a Stronglifts/New Rules of Lifting Hybrid to Six Week Shred, (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/six-week-shred-torch-fat-with-hiit-100s.html). I did day 2 of the workout this morning and it will be intense! :happy:

I'm planning to eat 1700-1800 calories on workout days and 1500-1600 on rest days. Any thoughts or advice on this plan?
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am in. Doing two challenges that have me doing weigh in Sun/Wed though so that part I am bad about updating.

Height: 5'7"

January Weight: 191.2
    March Weight: 182.2 (-9lbs)
    Goal: 165, 17.2lbs to reach my goal weight!

January BF%: 30.5%
    March BF%: 26.7% (-3.8%)
    GOAL: 20%, 6.7% goal

Bust: 40 - 38 (-2")
    Waist: 30.5 -29 (-1.5")
    Belly Button: 36.75 - 34 (-2.75")
    Hips: 47.5 - 45 (-2.5")
    Thigh: 28 - 27 (-1")
    Arm: 13.5 - 12.75 (-.75")

Jan-March Total Inches: -9.5"

So I am starting from that, sorry for the copy and paste from another group, but gives a basic where I am at now. lol

Bench press 50 5/5
    Leg press 230 5/5
    squat 80 5/5
    Straight leg Deadlift 50 5//5
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    Ps that was my first deadlift with weight and I have lower back problems so I'm starting slow.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,990 Member
    Options
    I might not be able to end my cut until May 30th. But, for April, I'd like 5 lbs of fat to melt off and that would leave only 3 or so for May. (I have 8 lbs of fat to get rid of.)

I want to have a DXA scan when I'm at 138 lbs, just to verify what my body fat % TRULY is - I don't trust any other method of measurement, frankly.

So, my weekly calories are set at 9,800 (I am 5'8") and I am aiming for 3 x weight-training sessions (per week) and a minimum of 2 x cardio sessions (hopefully 3, but life sometimes gets in the way).

From Jan - March I only rid myself of 3 lbs of fat, so it has been more like "maintenance", unfortunately, than a "cut". So, time to GET SERIOUS.

Thanks!
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    Drum roll please...
    officially ended my 12 wk cut today.
    I'll still be aiming for a few lower bf%s over the next few months but it'll be much less "organized".

Results:
    weight: 128.7 - 121.4 = <7.3>
    bf (scale) 30.7 - 26.8 = <3.9>
    bf (calip) 21.4 - 15.11 = <6.29>
    thighs: 21.5-20.75 = <.75>
    hips: 33-31 = <2.0>
    waist: 31-26 = (5.0>
    booty: 37-36.25 = <.75>
    arms: 10.5 - 10.5 = ---

I'm going to take a few days / wk off (might restart mon or next wed, not sure) then get back at a good diet and a routine change up. . . thinking of doing a decreasing reps per set set up (set 1 = 10-12 reps / mod weight; set 2 = 8-10 heavier weight & set 3 = 4-6 max weight) anyone ever tried this?
  • ZB1110
    ZB1110 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting. I think I'm right around 23-24% body fat right now. I'd like to get to 20% in 6 weeks. This week has been terrible w/ my diet because I've been on vacation w/ the kids eating out too much, so my weight is up a bit.
    Starting weight 124
    Ending weight 118
    Body fat 24%
    Ending body fat 20% by may 17th
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I'm soooo new to all this! I don't really know where to start. My plan isn't very well organized either...LOL! I am opened to suggestions, tips, advice, routines, you name it! All I know is I want to get fit, look fit, BE FIT!!

April SW: 196.2
    GW: 175
    21.2 lbs to get there!

Mon: Cardio + leg day I usually do 3 sets of 12 for everything
    Tues: Cardio + Arm day (3 sets of 12)
    Wed: Cardio+Core+Glutes
    Thurs: Cardio+ leg day (3 sets of 12)
    Fri: Cardio + Arm day (3 setsof 12)
    Sat: Cardio + Core+Glutes
    Sun: Rest and get ready to start all over!

Current Measurments:

Bust:37
    Waist (bellybutton): 32
    Hips: 44
    Thighs: 24

Body Fat calculator estimate: 26.99%
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,990 Member
    Options
    1.2 lbs down this week....but, I am pretty sure it is because of this terrible head-cold I've been nursing!

I only managed to weight-train on Monday and Friday (today)....so, I think that any inflammation from weight-training had probably dissipated when I stepped on the scale at the gym, today (BEFORE my weight-training work-out).

Anyway, 7 more lbs to go!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Even if I don't lose anymore inches, or get any stronger in my lifts, I've had great results so far.
    I've lost about 5 inches from all over. 1/2 to 1 inch in various spots. My BF is still the same, but I'm
    excited about how training makes me feel during and after.
  • sunflowerhippi
    Options
    182.2 - 178.8 ( - 3.4lbs), I need to get back into the gym. I've been slacking and just going for walk/runs outside instead.
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    Hey Ladies, I'm soooo new to all this! I don't really know where to start. My plan isn't very well organized either...LOL! I am opened to suggestions, tips, advice, routines, you name it! All I know is I want to get fit, look fit, BE FIT!!

April SW: 196.2
    GW: 175
    21.2 lbs to get there!

Mon: Cardio + leg day I usually do 3 sets of 12 for everything
    Tues: Cardio + Arm day (3 sets of 12)
    Wed: Cardio+Core+Glutes
    Thurs: Cardio+ leg day (3 sets of 12)
    Fri: Cardio + Arm day (3 setsof 12)
    Sat: Cardio + Core+Glutes
    Sun: Rest and get ready to start all over!

Current Measurments:

Bust:37
    Waist (bellybutton): 32
    Hips: 44
    Thighs: 24

Body Fat calculator estimate: 26.99%
    Looks good to me. I go with lifting 4days /wk & cardio 1day/wk + 2 rest days.
    Are you focusing on your macros? You specified you are loosing weight - but your working out too, so i imagine your aim is to loose fat & keep muscle - which means a) you 'll want enough carbs to give you the energy for 6 days/ wk working out on a calorie deficeit. b) you'll want high(er) protein to aid w/ recovery and stimulate muscle growth & c) you'll need of course, to intake low fat.
    i do a 35c/20f/45p split but you can set up your own via your mfp settings on ur pc.
    When do you plan on weighing in?
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hey gals. Well my month so far hasn't been great. I've injured my foot, peroneal tendon, which has drastically reduced my cardio and for whatever reason I've really been having a tough time sticking to my calorie goal as well, I've pretty much been eating at maintenance so far this month. I'm planning to rest my foot for three weeks (per all the online help I can find 2-3 weeks seems to be the norm for my injury) which will end on 4/20 when I happen to be signed up for a 5k. To be honest I'm a bit concerned that I may have injured my foot more seriously than I'm admitting, but I just started a new job and don't have health insurance until May 1 (of course I would hurt myself in the one month gap between my two coverages!). I'm debating about running or walking the 5k at this point. I won't be able to tell if its better unless I run, but if its not healed I will only make it worse. I don't know, a week and a half to decide I suppose. I also wasn't able to start tennis this month like I planned because of the foot, super bummed about that.

I'm feeling like I really need to find a way to kick up my workouts somehow. I can't do anything with impact so I'm feeling so limited right now. I'm thinking about starting a new program. Been considering doing nrol4w again since it allows so much free time to do other things with 3x/week workouts and also thinking about doing Live Fit again since I had good results from that. Decisions.

On the upside my strength is up this month! I've hit new personal bests on squats and deadlifts and just keep going up! (glass is half full, glass is half full...)
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    First wk back has been a lil blah - felt exhausted during "break wk" and then got sick the last couple days. Looking fwd to kicking these allergies, or whatever the snot is & making better progress last wk.

4.08 Weight: 124.6 Cbf% 15.4 ( after a 5 day break )
    4/12 Weight: 123.4 Cbf% 15.4 (ate out with friends last night, high sodium so i'm sure i'll be down more next weigh in.)