Introduce YOURSELF

Options
2»

Replies

• Qlow
    Qlow Posts: 92
    Options
    Hello! I'm Caroline, 21 too, just under 70kg and I don't know my height but pretty average amongst my female friends (in the UK)! I got down to 62kg and relatively fit by cycling 10 miles a day for my work commute, but been back at uni for six months now and spending every day sat in the library has taken it's toll. My aim is to get to 60kg, lose the wobbly bits but most importantly feel fit. I have been doing the NHS Couch to 5k plan this week to get back into running so will combine that with one of the strength workouts. Things standing in my way: at home on holidays for two weeks where I cook for and eat with my parents so can't massively change my diet (it's fairly healthy at home anyway as mum's a veggie), then I have exams coming up at uni so will be struggling to allow myself time to cook/work out even tho I know it will keep the stress levels down! Here goes - good luck everyone!

Hey Caroline! I'm in the UK as well. I have similar goals to yours. I just got down to 60 kg, but my goal weight is around 53-55 kg, so lot to go...and I also want to tone up. If you can't don't change your diet, just log your food and adjust your calorie intake under your TDEE (-20%). Avoid fast food and excessive snacking and you should be fine...I mean...you'll do great of course!!! :)
    Good luck to you as well, keep us updated!
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hiya, I'm April. I'm 31years old, 5'11" and 194lbs. I have been eating clean for about 6 months now and have recently started a beginners running program. I also just got the JM Body Revolution dvd set and plan to do that along with a couple of her other dvds 6 days per week. I love the idea of a good challenge so count me in! Here's to a better version of us!:drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Hey April! How wonderful is that! We have our April in the April challenge. You will own this!!!
    Good job eating clean for 6 months! And I hope you'll enjoy Jillian. Don't be mad at her if she seems a bit aggressive and pushy. And if hurts and you're sweating, imagine that's your fat-cells crying :))...it always cheers me up.
    Have a wonderful journey and we're happy to have you here!
    Don't forget to share your progress and thoughts
  • Qlow
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm Mimi, 5'9" and 193lbs. I had a baby 16 months ago and have lost 62 pounds, which is all my baby weight and then some. I came home from the hospital in November 2011 weighing 255 pounds--it was a huge wake-up call for me. I was so out of shape it was hard to hold and take care of my son, and I decided that I was going to be a fit mom--and what a journey it has been! I can now jog 4 miles at a time, and getting to "Onederland" was so exciting! My goal is to lose 40 more pounds and wear a bikini this summer.

I want to mix up my workouts and get toned for summer, so I am super excited about working hard and staying motivated with this group!

Hey Mimi!
    Wow....62 pounds lost...I don't even...I don't even know how to congratulate you. You rock the idea of losing weight :) and as I read you did great and worked really hard for this. I'm sure Jillian will be a piece of cake (metaphorically of course :P) for you, but also, it will probably tone you up well. And don't worry, we're all a bit scared of bikinis, but we WILL PROUDLY WEAR THEM THIS SUMMER!
    Good luck and don't forget to make before-after pics and keep us updated on your progress.
  • rachael116
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Rachael. I'm 4'11 and currently 110. Not a ton left to lose, but I've lost over 17 pounds since last summer!! I joined MFP awhile ago, but only started becoming active within the last few months or so. I'm really close to my goal weight, but am starting to shift goals; focusing more on lowering my BF% and toning/strengthening my body. I've been a vegetarian for a long time, but have really started 'eating clean' for the last 6 months or so. I personally have seen a huge difference (my weight loss for one!) since changing my diet. Just wanted to stop by and say "fear left my body" this morning - Jillian and I hung out this morning :)

PS: If you want to be friends, please add me, or shoot me a quick note! I'm looking for active friends to keep up the motivation!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Guess I should introduce myself, since today is the "day". I'm Barb and wouldn't mind dropping about 8-10 more pounds although my main focus is to tone, build muscle and increase strength. I've taken off about 60+ lbs. in the last year or so and am trying to work on maintaining as I've been up and down a few times too many. A month ago I decided to try 30 DS after reading a lot of comments here on MFP and not only firmed up but also lost 5 lbs. after being the same (give or take 2-3 lbs.) for 8 months. I had to modify some moves but actually made it through alive and always felt better when I finished the day's exercise than when I started. I like that we can set our own schedule because I'd like to alternate several of her videos rather than just stick to one. It will be interesting to see the comments on various programs and how everyone is progressing. So good luck to all...it's all positive as long as you keep moving and eating healthy!
  • freindsofmine
    freindsofmine Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm dawn and have been on this site since about Nov 'll love the motivation and need different worko.ut to keep me on track.the people are awesome I'm looking forwrd to doing this challenge .wont be be fully invold til guest leave ' maybe by weds then
  • Qlow
    Options
    @Barb! Congratulations for your fantastic loss! It's incredible how much some of you can lose with determination. The Jillian workouts will surely tone you up. Welcome to the group and I'm happy I'm not alone in this!

@Dawn! Welcome to the group, happy to have you here. I'm looking forward to Wednesday haha! Keep us updated and if you have any questions , don't hesitate to ask.

Have a lovely day!!!
  • ljoyner80
    ljoyner80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to be a part of this challenge. I'm 5'7 and 210. My heaviest weight was 226 and got down to 190 few months back but the scale has been creeping back up even though I work out. My goal is to see 160 again. Yesterday I started ripped in 30 (again) but I'm determined to get this weight off my. Giving up sweets cause it was getting out of hand, lol.
  • Qlow
    Options
    I definitely want to be a part of this challenge. I'm 5'7 and 210. My heaviest weight was 226 and got down to 190 few months back but the scale has been creeping back up even though I work out. My goal is to see 160 again. Yesterday I started ripped in 30 (again) but I'm determined to get this weight off my. Giving up sweets cause it was getting out of hand, lol.

Well done! And good luck with RI30, if you need motivation or just someone to check if you worked out (haha) feel free to add me as a friend.
    We have a thread specially for RI30, I think it would be nice if every now and than you'd write there, your thoughts or generally what you think about it, what are your feelings on week1 week2 and so on. :)
    Happy to have you here,
    Rita