No Late Night Snacking in April!

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
Say "no" to munching mindlessly at night by fixing a cut-off time, past which you only drink water/tea. It's that simple :smile:. Or not :wink: - join us if this makes sense for you and let us know step by step how it all went.

Feel free to join our group and browse through our previous challenges to find out more - though this can be a little bit boring, you might find tricks and tips and success stories. While also finding out that this is a real stuggle, as expected. But sticking with us is a success by itself.

Good luck! Here's to 0 points for LNS in April :drinker:!

Replies

• katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dewdrop :flowerforyou:

Last month I was rubbish and it shows. I am now back on track :laugh:
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,989 Member
    Options
    ...just marking this page - thanks for starting it up!
  • mgoetsch1982
    mgoetsch1982 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I have been doing much better, but my issue is when I get home from work and am just chatting with my mom. I just start eating! The past week has been much better but I've also been working 10 hour days and barely talk to here when I get home.
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    In March I did better than most months in the past :) Lets rock it this April!! My goal is to be 205 By my 29th Birthday on April 28th :)
  • katemateg
    Options
    100% success so far to me :laugh: :heart: :drinker:

I have survived Easter Sunday and Monday healthily and back on track, wahoo :bigsmile:
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Ok, if you'll have me back I'll come running back to you!!! I have done so bad the last three months. I've gained back 9 pounds and I deserve it. I'm back on the band wagon and want my old motivation and spirit back. I'm not going to bed without reporting in to you all and cheering each and everyone on. I'm seriously back, though a little "tail between my legs". It's ok...I've learned, I'm moving forward.

My goal is at least 5 pounds less....
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    April 1

ME: 0
    LNS: 1

Had a minor "oops" evening tonight. Back at it tomorrow.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I'll count last night, though I should reset my watch to match our wall clock :wink:.
    marpeters, we'll definitely have you back in :smile:.
    so glad to see familiar and new faces. Still missing some people, hope they'll join soon. feel free to spread the news that April's thread is up,

Good luck, everyone!
  • marpeters
    Options
    WTG April.. we're starting on the right foot. I couldn't sleep last night because my tummy was growling. I was so proud...I just laid in bed, tossing, and refused to get up to eat the food that would drug me back to sleep. I know this is a temporary withdrawal symptom. Will be so glad when it is done!

Me: 1
    LNS: )
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I blew it immediately....

Me: 0
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    I was so good last night. I had my dinner and didn't eat a single thing afterwards. Not even my Gran could make me eat any dessert! Try as she might. Tonight is going great as well so April is off to a good start!

Me: 2
    LNS: 0

Quick question, this week i'm doing a lot of dancing and i'm burning loads of calories but i'm finding that i'm at a big deficit at night and I don't really want to eat because it's late but then i've got loads of calories leftover? For example, my net is at 296 at the moment and it's 8.45pm
  • marpeters
    Options
    Lucypaige,
    I'm no expert but I do know that having some days lighter is actually good. Change mixes up our metabolism and gets us out of a rut. The people I've read says that two weeks of light calories is just fine...like for a cleanse or something. But after that your metabolism actually slows down. We don't want that!!! If you're going to be doing that a lot, then just count on it and eat more for breakfast and lunch. Great job working out!!!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    April 2

ME: 0
    LNS: 2

Hopefully that will be the last LNS for awhile.
  • katemateg
    Options
    My 3rd night shift is over in 3 hours time and I have not snacked the past 3 nights. I am so chuffed to be on a healthy roll again.
    I eat dinner around 7pm, then a banana around 4 or 5am, then porridge at 7am ish. Then I'm off to bed and don't eat till dinner.

So far this month looks great :bigsmile:
    Me 2
    LNS 0

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Poor choices during the day (felt full all the time for some reason), but stayed strong at night even when I could not sleep (in my case, not cos I was hungry, but just because):

Me: 2 - LNS: 0
  • ChantiC
    ChantiC Posts: 137
    Options
    April 1st:

Me:0

Easter Chocolate.....

April 2nd:

LNS:1
  • Beeps2011
    Options
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    i suck at this.....
  • lucypaige_
    Options
    Marpeters, thank you for the advice! It's really helpful :-) Can't complain needing a bigger breakfast, ha ha.

Me: 3
    LNS: 0
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Options
    i suck at this.....

No, you don't. We all go through rough times. The LNS munchies beat me twice the past two days. Take one day at a time, and eventually it will become a habit.