April Chat

Options
2»

Replies

• gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    @californiagirl -- sounds like you had a great couple of days, so good for you. Sorry to hear you're going to need a spinal fusion; that's really scary stuff, at least to me. You CAN and WILL get back on track and we're all here to help you along the way.

Overcast today, but warm. Went mall walking with hubby, too. Pretty good day all around.

Hope everyone continues to enjoy good weather in the USA.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share a photo of a new canal biking path I rode today. I am one tired and very dirty Troll (name of the biking team I'm on this month)

Biked the Southern Canal path today with a friend beginning at Granite Reef Dam. Path started out packed dirt/gravel but soon went to pavement.
    1860969288_619d970259_z.jpg
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Here in Reno it snowed all morning yesterday, today windy and 59 and it will be 71 tomorrow! Love this weather!
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wooken3: thanks for sharing that beautiful picture,a reminder to me that the sun is still shining somewhere,lucky to have such great biking areas.
    there was a small break in weather here today, got some walking in broke my pedometer out of hiding and put 8,188 steps on it today,tryng to break the almighty 10,000 but may not happen anytime soon but we have to have a goal
    wishing everyone well on all your endeavours big or small
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Am loving all the news from all around the world........ here in the North of England we are finally getting a little bit of sunshine....but not warm .... expecting rain the next few days and maybe a little warmer........ I am away for the weekend so hoping for nice weather........will no doubt struggle with food while eating in restaurants and having a drink or two but should get plenty of walking in so hoping for the best!

Will do my best to keep tracking!!!!! :flowerforyou:

Jean
  • Wooken3
    Options
    One of the Trolls

--Last day of the tax season so no time for biking today :ohwell:

"The taxpayer - that's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination."  -Ronald Reagan
    ar123869829281953.jpg
  • gramanana
    Options
    Well, it's Tax Day and it's raining -- good combination, don't you think. At least it's getting a little warmer, but I do hate the damp.

There's probably lots of sorry in Boston and maybe around the world, depending on who was in the marathon and who got hurt. It's a terrible thing to happen in the US. Prayers for all those affected by the bombing are in heart mind, heart and soul.
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Prayers offered for all those involved in the explosions in Boston. And for those involved in any other explosions around the world on this day. :frown: :sick: :heart:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I have decided that I should not watch TV or read news or be on any web site. I don't deal well with these incidents. I have been crying since it first came on. My thoughts are with everyone and I ask the powers that be to help our leaders not "jump" to the wrong conclusions before taking action. We need to take our time to find out who the culprit or culprits might be. May peace be with us all today and always. As John Lennon said "give peace and change" and "Imagine". If only...........................
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Prayers go out to the victims in Boston and for justice to prevail. So Sad
  • gramanana
    Options
    I have decided that I should not watch TV or read news or be on any web site. I don't deal well with these incidents. I have been crying since it first came on. My thoughts are with everyone and I ask the powers that be to help our leaders not "jump" to the wrong conclusions before taking action. We need to take our time to find out who the culprit or culprits might be. May peace be with us all today and always. As John Lennon said "give peace and change" and "Imagine". If only...........................

I really don't watch TV news much or listen to the radio. My hubby gets all the news online and then tells me. I always get depressed when I hear things like this, so I stay away from it. The song "Blowing In The Wind" also comes to mind...maybe the answer really is blowing in the wind.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    That was supposed to say "give peace a chance, not a change".
  • Wooken3
    Options
    One of the Trolls

Apr 16: 0 bike miles
    Apr Total: 202.1 miles
    Apr Goal: 250

A lazy Troll day for me! This is my "do nothing" rest day after tax season.
    Tomorrow, life will resume back to retirement pace till next tax season :bigsmile:
    294_lazy_troll.jpg
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Wooken you are almost to your April goal. That's good with all the work time you put in this month. :wink:

Here in Michigan it has been raining. My backyard, which usually has a pretty gentle creek that feeds into the river about 700 feet further back, is now one huge lake. I think there are about 50 acres of flood plain between that creek and the river and it is all underwater!!! We've lived here about 17 years and I have never seen the water this high before. I'm not worried about our house as we are way up high but there are many in the area who have had to leave their homes.
  • gramanana
    Options
    Woolen, you are almost at your goal, so cheers to you. You know you can meet your goal before the month is over.

Linto--It is raining/snowing here. We look at a beautiful, natural pond and creek from our house and yesterday they were both so high that they were almost blocking the little piece of land between them. They had also formed another small pond on the other side of the creek. We've seen the pond rise enough to come up about 10' to cover the road, too. I think that only happened once since we've been here. So stay safe and hope you don't flood.
  • Wooken3
    Options
    One of the Trolls

Apr 22: 17.2 bike miles
    Apr Total: 265.3 miles
    % of Total: 106.1%

Happy Earth Day from the Troll Biking Team
    !B3we1Tw!mk~$(KGrHqIOKjIEyNnl,2iLBMncVTbVlQ~~_35.JPG
  • Wooken3
    Options
    One of the Trolls

Apr 23: 7.9 bike miles
    Apr Total: 273.2 miles
    % of Total: 109.3%
    Bonus: Nope

Tis true…
    drawing+smad+barbie+w800.jpg
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    One of the Trolls

Apr 23: 7.9 bike miles
    Apr Total: 273.2 miles
    % of Total: 109.3%
    Bonus: Nope

Tis true…
    drawing+smad+barbie+w800.jpg

Love it Wooken!! :bigsmile:
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'll just bet that Trolls have more fun than Barbie Dolls! And we are loved for our souls not our bodies. Who wants to be a sex object at our age? Give me the Troll hair anyday!!
  • gramanana
    Options
    I'm loving being with the grand kids so far--they are very active and really keep me and hubby going. I can't believe I've jumped rope for a few minutes each day the last couple of days and shot a few hoops, too, swinging is great fun, too. Grand kids are the best!