Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i did my last insanity workout yesterday!!! woop wooop!!!!! so proud of myself!!! doing the final fit test tomorrow, and then weighing and measuring & taking pictures on saturday!

pretty sure i weigh more now than when i started! but i was doing it to lose a little bodyfat, and i am definitely leaner than when i started! i have more difinition on my arms and legs, and my stomach looks better but i still have a way to go with that!!

i love shaun t!!!!
  • lindseymariep
    lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    anybody have extremely tight calves? I've had them ever since I started the workouts on Saturday. Ouch! Trying to stretch and foam roll!
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Final workout done! I have completed my first round of Insanity, it did NOT beat me, I won!

I feel so awesome!!!!!
  • koolaidman67
    Options
    Congrats dougt17 and tavistocktoad!!!

I'm only 2 1/2 weeks behind u lol
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Yay to all those who completed Insanity this week!! This workout is a challenge you finished!!!
  • currlee
    Options
    I didn't work out the last two days (three including Sunday, but that was my rest day, but I walked about 30min or so) and I won't be working out in the morning due to an early morning staff meeting. But Thursday, I'm back on! Trying to stay on top of my nutrition, also. I ate a cpl gas station hot dogs and some Doritos on Monday....gross! I felt awful!! Hopefully I can remember that feeling the next time I'm thinking its the quicker option. Bleh....
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Final fit test results! (week 1/final)
    Switch kicks - 40/56
    power jacks - 41/59
    power knees - 76/104
    power jumps - 25/40
    globe jumps - 7/10
    suicide jumps - 13/15
    push up jacks - 6/23
    low plank obliques - 39/55

I think I am most pleased with the power jumps and the push up jacks!!
  • currlee
    Options
    Way to go! Great improvements!!
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing awesome results!

Did you lose body fat or inches?

I'm on week 3 day 3 completed pure cardio an cardio abs had to switch a couple days around but missed none so far. This week has been by far the most mentally an physically challenging as my body feel tired. I have a slight tight hamstring but that aside feeling generally fatigued.

Got through the workout today but found I had to really push myself to feel half decent.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm back after being sick for over a month after my second week last time. I realized I probably wasn't going to get better anytime soon, so tomorrow's my last day of week 1 (restarted)! Is it just me, or does anyone else get irrationally irritated every time the camera zooms in on Tanya and she's shaking her head while exhaling and frowning (which is *every* time the camera is on her). God I get so annoyed, I've actually stopped looking at the TV and just listen to what Shaun says instead.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm back after being sick for over a month after my second week last time. I realized I probably wasn't going to get better anytime soon, so tomorrow's my last day of week 1 (restarted)! Is it just me, or does anyone else get irrationally irritated every time the camera zooms in on Tanya and she's shaking her head while exhaling and frowning (which is *every* time the camera is on her). God I get so annoyed, I've actually stopped looking at the TV and just listen to what Shaun says instead.

yes!!! tanyas gurning really annoyed me, good news though, she doesnt do it in month 2, i think cos she has to actuallly concentrate and work hard in those workouts!!!
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I'm on week 3 day 3 completed pure cardio an cardio abs had to switch a couple days around but missed none so far. This week has been by far the most mentally an physically challenging as my body feel tired. I have a slight tight hamstring but that aside feeling generally fatigued.

Got through the workout today but found I had to really push myself to feel half decent.

yes i lost bodyfat, i can see more definition all over, and my top abs are there pretty much all of the time now.
  • currlee
    Options
    Finally got back to my Insanity after three days off. Once you do it, you never want to stop! Today was supposed to be Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs, but I didn't have time so I switched it with tomorrow's workout. I'm off tomorrow so I'll have time. Today I did Cardio Power & Resistance. I did 30 power jumps consecutively......feels so good to know I did it. Doesn't feel quite as awesome when I'm trying to get enough air in, lol. Still not great at Tricep Dips.
  • currlee
    Options

Oddly, I was less tired in month two. Month one had/has me feeling really tired. Make sure you're getting in enough water and food. I took Results and Recovery during month two and it really helped! I tried it with month one, but my body wasn't begging for it the way it does in month two. It just seemed like too much; unnecessary.
  • wffolkes
    Options
    @TavistockToad - Thats awesome, what you plan to do now?

@Currlee - I hope I feel that way too, just trying to perfect my diet to get the most out of all this. So looking at reducing my carbs as they have crept up since increasing my calories.

I am so pumped to get this right so I can attack month two. Doing Insanity in the gym today which should be cool more space and mirrors to check my form.

LETS GET IT TODAY PEOPLE

Peace.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    @TavistockToad - Thats awesome, what you plan to do now?

i am doing 2-3 days strength training and 2 days cardio. my cardio days i will probably do insanity, pure cardio was my favourite workout of all of them!

enjoy your workout at the gym! dig deeper!!!!
  • wffolkes
    Options
    Loved Cardio Power and resistance today, doing it in a gym space made a difference I got an extra 10% from somewhere.

I could check my form which is very helpful.

I think when im done ill do the same.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    On Week 3 Day 2.
    I've noticed the width of my hips shrinking, and my belly appears bigger or the same but protruding out???
    So overall, my measurements are the same.
    Have any other ladies experienced this?
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • currlee
    Options
    On Week 3 Day 2.
    I've noticed the width of my hips shrinking, and my belly appears bigger or the same but protruding out???
    So overall, my measurements are the same.
    Have any other ladies experienced this?
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    my hips and butt definitely shrunk first! Its like the shrinking starts at the top of your head and the bottom of your feet and the tips of your fingers and moves in from there....like the surf of the ocean, if that makes sense. I noticed my neck, fingers, calves and the under side of my butt getting smaller first. Then my boobs. Then I noticed the belly tightening and shrinking. That's still my work in progress zone, lol. I notice it lifting more and more, though, so I keep with it. I would say that if you feel its protruding a bit more, perhaps its because the sides are whittling down and preparing to pull the mid section tighter. Thats the way I see it all happening for me, anyways :)
  • currlee
    Options
    Today I did Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I don't enjoy Cardio Abs. But I made it thru the Pure Cardio warm up without stopping....I will never be tired of that achievement! I ate about 3/4 of a banana before my workout and I think it helped. I pretty much always work out on an empty stomach, but I might try eating about half a banana for the rest of this week's work out. Next week is Recovery Week and that's not quite as intense. Then I'll go back to Results and Recovery for month two. It really helps me make it thru the workout. Probably for the same reasons as the banana...a sugar boost, lol. Happy Friday!!!