Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    How do you guys survive this? I had to take so many breaks 'cause my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my body. By the last circuit, I could barely keep my core tight as I was so sore. OMG.

Month 2 is tough to start with but your body will adjust and you'll find yourself keeping up more and more. The "rules" from Month 1 still apply: Take a break if you need to. Go at your own pace.

I'm on Day 51 today (1st round) and I am taking lots of breaks. Like you it feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest, I sometimes feel dizzy when coming up from some of the floor work and there's still some of the exercises I just cannot do (sideways suicide jumps, I'm looking at you!)

Stay in there, you can absolutely beat this.
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    just did day 1 fit test... already tires me out haha. hope to last the whole way through.

Hang in there and do what you can do.
  • currlee
    Options
    Today was Pure Cardio. Last week I made it thru two warmups with no break. I was close, but had to take a break today. I know I did it once(well, twice), so I'm aiming to do it again. I have super flat feet and some moves set my feet on fire! (Wide football sprints, for sure).
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    For yesterday:

Day 51 Max Interval Plyo done.
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    just did day 1 fit test... already tires me out haha. hope to last the whole way through.

Hang in there and do what you can do.

thanks. just did day 2 today. so tiring.... haha.
  • Peaches118
    Peaches118 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm on month 2 week 2. It's funny how everytime I start I am dreading it but loveee it when I'm done. I love being sore in the morning. I know to get to where I want to be I will have to do multiple cycles of the program, however I can't believe how much stronger I am. I am able to run now, workout longer and breath better. The hardest thing for me was remembering to keep my core tightened, which I am much better at now.
  • jcdoerr
    jcdoerr Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me was remembering to keep my core tightened, which I am much better at now.

I agree..but now I find myself tightening my core throughout the day while sitting at my desk. Kind of like butt clenches, but now I do ab clenches!
  • Peaches118
    Peaches118 Posts: 7
    Options
    Haha love it
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Day 52 Max Cardio Conditioning - done

The end is in sight now
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    did day 5 today!
    I am not doing it every day cause I am running about 10 km on my other days.
  • currlee
    Options
    Plyo Cardio today. I have super flat feet and they were really burning today. Sometimes I can go thru a whole workout and they only barely bug me during the warmup but today I had to give them breaks. I was actually thankful for the second circuit because I knew I'd be off my feet after Basketball Drills, lol.
    Feeling like I could eat all day. Hardest part, hands down, is not eating after 9(or three hrs before bed). Been struggling. My workouts are better when I don't and I think it helped with weight loss during Round 1. I gotta get it back under control.
  • Need_A_Change_Now
    Options
    I just started on Monday and parts of me ach that I never left before and I did football in high school This work out is something else. I am going to need some support lol
  • currlee
    Options
    Today was Cardio Recovery. Not a fan because I don't feel like I worked out today, ya know. But tomorrow I get to sweat! Does anyone who uses a HRM know what they're burning during Cardio Recovery? Curious if my guesstimate is close....
  • currlee
    Options
    I just started on Monday and parts of me ach that I never left before and I did football in high school This work out is something else. I am going to need some support lol
    Welcome! This is a good place to find answers and support. I just started my second round of Insanity. I love it! It never gets easier, you get stronger. I never thought I'd like something like this. Enjoy!
  • currlee
    Options
    Today was Cardio Power & Resistance. This was my favorite month one workout last time and I think it still is. I managed 26 power jumps in a row. I love feeling that I'm getting stronger and better every time.
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    One more day left of Core Cardio and Balance for my "Recovery Week" then I am starting month two. It says to increase your calories, just wondering if all of you in month 2 have done this? and by how much? and are you losing weight? if that is your goal.

I am a bit dissapointed that my scale isn't moving at all, though I see positive changes in my body, so I want to make sure I am doing this by the book.

Coreen
  • currlee
    Options
    One more day left of Core Cardio and Balance for my "Recovery Week" then I am starting month two. It says to increase your calories, just wondering if all of you in month 2 have done this? and by how much? and are you losing weight? if that is your goal.

I am a bit dissapointed that my scale isn't moving at all, though I see positive changes in my body, so I want to make sure I am doing this by the book.

Coreen
    I didn't follow the elite nutrition the first time thru(or this time, for that matter), but I tried to keep my calories around 1500-1800. The workouts in Month two are longer(59min and 57, I think) so you're going to burn more and will need to replace that. If you're following the meal plan and it says up the calories, then go for it, per their recommendations. I didn't see much change on the scale month one and was disappointed, but figured I'd just keep with it. That's when I joined mfp and I read a lot of posts from people who said that the weight dropped in week 6 and to be patient, so I was and it did. There was a bigger change in inches than pounds. But it's cool to pull on a pair of pants that were only just starting to get baggy a couple days earlier and now they are falling off! You feel like you're melting, lol. Good luck!
  • currlee
    Options
    Today was Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Week two is history! Rest it up tomorrow and Fit Test 2 on Monday. Weight and measurements have not moved, but I'm two weeks in and have had a terrible time eating right this past week. Too much candy, not enough veggies or protein. Need to get my routine back on track.
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Coreen
    I didn't follow the elite nutrition the first time thru(or this time, for that matter), but I tried to keep my calories around 1500-1800. The workouts in Month two are longer(59min and 57, I think) so you're going to burn more and will need to replace that. If you're following the meal plan and it says up the calories, then go for it, per their recommendations. I didn't see much change on the scale month one and was disappointed, but figured I'd just keep with it. That's when I joined mfp and I read a lot of posts from people who said that the weight dropped in week 6 and to be patient, so I was and it did. There was a bigger change in inches than pounds. But it's cool to pull on a pair of pants that were only just starting to get baggy a couple days earlier and now they are falling off! You feel like you're melting, lol. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the insight, I am just going to go for it and hope for the best! Today, was my last "recovery week" work out. Tomorrow is my rest day, so I will probably go for a bit of a fun run - weather permitting. Then come monday....the looming, MONTH 2. :o)
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    For yesterday - Day 55 Core Cardio and Balance

Final week starting tomorrow. In 6 days I will have kicked Insanity's *kitten*. And then I'm going straight back to the start to kick its *kitten* all over again!