Daily Insane chat, banter and progress!

Options

Replies

• ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    Doug - i had to double up one day as I missed an insanity workout due to holiday and no time. It's not as bad as you think. Just drink plenty of water, don't do both on an empty stomach and just get it done. You'll feel amazing after!!!

I did my last ever pure cardio and cardio abs workout today. I feel so determined to finish this month on a high, and was pretty determined also to power through! Which I did! No breaks for me today, not even a breather! I feel so proud of my progress as I hated this workout at the beginning of the month but now I can see how far I've come!
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    I just did my first one of two for today, Max interval Plyo. Feel OK, should be ready for Max Cardio Conditioning later on
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Well, I did it. Max Cardio Conditioning done. That's a double Insane day :happy:
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it. Max Cardio Conditioning done. That's a double Insane day :happy:

Wow!! Great job! I've thought about doubling up before, but I'm always worried it'll affect my sleep since I get home with only 2-3hrs before bedtime.
    Today was Cardio Recovery. I should have done it yesterday, but I talked myself out of it(beer!!) and had to come in to work. I really should have just done it, it was so low key. But I'm counting yesterday as a rest day and moving forward.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    In Week 2 and I'm doing my first Pure Cardio with Ab's after, I haven't done the ab's portion yet. I'm trying to amp myself up so that I get off the couch and just get it done. Went on a 10 mile hiking trip Saturday and I'm still feeling the effects. Tired tired tired, just trying to get in plenty of water, protein, and sleep.
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for the first time, I did the fit test. I didn't track my numbers cause I was just learning the moves plus I find it hard to count and focus on form. I'm going to try and do Insanity on days when I am not running.
    I just found the first day on youtube.
    How long are most workouts?
    The fittest I did was just 25 minutes, and had alot of breaks, which I liked!
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity for the first time, I did the fit test. I didn't track my numbers cause I was just learning the moves plus I find it hard to count and focus on form. I'm going to try and do Insanity on days when I am not running.

Welcome to the craziness that is Insanity! :flowerforyou:

My workouts typically last about 45-60 mins, depending on which workout video I'm working with, and is including all the breaks I have to take.

On another note, I'm thinking about starting to do my Insanity in the morning, before I start my day, go to work, etc. I would think I'd be going around sore all day thou :grumble: Anyone here do theirs in the morning??
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Welcome to the craziness that is Insanity! :flowerforyou:

My workouts typically last about 45-60 mins, depending on which workout video I'm working with, and is including all the breaks I have to take.

On another note, I'm thinking about starting to do my Insanity in the morning, before I start my day, go to work, etc. I would think I'd be going around sore all day thou :grumble: Anyone here do theirs in the morning??

Welcome to Insanity. I found ALL the workouts on-line....Google them...they will come up! I however bought my so have the DVD's but hey....if you can get it on-line for free.....

I as well do my workouts in the am....get up...put hair up....sweat like crazy and have a nice shower....ready for the day before 9am!!!

Good luck!!!
  • SwimSoccerTaxi
    SwimSoccerTaxi Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Completed Cardio Power and Resistance with no EXTRA breaks.....second round of Insanity...so it only took 70 days to get through a routine!!!!!!

Great job to all on here....inspiring to hear what others are doing....keep the sharing coming!!!
  • ECR1989
    Options
    Month 1 completed!! I finished on my favourite workout today - Plyo Cardio Circuit :) those drills still beat me but it is partly because i'm sweating all over my floor and keep sliding around during ski abs and in and out!!

So looking forward to my rest day tomorrow and recovery week. I definitely need it!!

Doug - well done on doubling up!! That **** is bananas yo!! You did great :)

Welcome to everybody else new here - welcome to the craziness that is Insanity! Just take it a day at a time, break when you need to (don't pause the dvd) focus on form and don't try to keep up with the class!
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Thanks!, and well done you for making through Month 1 - thats a huge achievement and you should be proud of yourself, as I'm sure you are
  • torismith001
    torismith001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Fitness Test 2 yesterday! Here is my progress!
    Switch Kicks- 79---77 :(
    Power Jacks - 42---44 :)
    Power Knees- 58---80 :D
    Power Jumps- 16---21 :D
    Global - 6--- 8
    Suicide Jumps- 7--- 9
    Push Up Jacks- 11---20
    Low Plank Obliques 29---65

WOOO
  • ECR1989
    Options
    Torismith001 - that's awesome! Don't worry about switch kicks, maybe your count wasn't right one of the times? I know I got confused with my counting the first time! Your results are looking great!
  • MariahHubert
    MariahHubert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just started my first day of Insanity (Plyo Cardio) & it's not as bad as I thought. That being said, i didn't go in being out of shape either, so I am positive that helped. But I definitely NEEDED those breaks! :)
  • torismith001
    torismith001 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I made sure that I didn't look at my last results before doing this weeks because I knew that once I beat my last goal I would stop. So I was very surprised to see some of my results. My brother walked in after the switch kicks and was telling me to go go go lol so that may be why the others were high compared to the switch kicks
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    For yesterday: Max Cardio Conditioning (Day 43) done
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    For yesterday: Max Cardio Conditioning (Day 43) done

Oops, meant day 44 done
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Just finished Plyo Cardio Circuit. I think its the hardest one so far! I can't help but laugh when doing the jumping jacks the 2nd or 3rd time around. Shaun says "Ready? Jack it out! We start to jack a little faster now!" That whole workout is bananas! And sooo long!
  • jeolds
    jeolds Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Closed out Week 1, Day 3 this morning. After finishing up a P90X/Insanity hybrid this feels easy in some ways. I decided to add in the Upper Body Weight Training. It made for a rather long workout. Recovery day tomorrow.
  • heyitsadam
    heyitsadam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am doing a daily blog about my INSANITY workout. This is my third time through so I'm offering some tips, tricks, modifications, etc. to the blog post.

PS... I AM NOT A BEACH BODY COACH AND I AM NOT SOLICITING ANYTHING TO SELL.

I invite anyone and everyone to friend me and read along and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE COMMENT!!! Maybe I can help you avoid the mistakes I make!