Options

Replies

• Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Day 45 Max Interval Plyo done
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Week 2 complete! With Insanity I've noticed that I'm feeling good during the day. I have plenty of energy, but when 7:30pm-8pm roll around I'm exhausted and my body just starts to crash. I guess nighttime coffee it is.
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    just did day 2, my first real insanity workout, it was the cardio circuit.
    I run 10 km a few times a week, and have been going to yoga three times a week for the last 2 years, so I didn'd find it too hard. The only part I couldnt keep up and had to stop a bit was at the end with all the pushups moves, cause I can't do pushups at all.
    But, of course I still sweated and got tired, it was a good video.
  • koolaidman67
    Options
    Just did my last cardio recovery of month 1. 2 workouts left then its recovery week!!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Today was Plyo Cardio to end Round 2/Week 1. Very excited to be able to say that I made it thru the entire warmup with no breaks and actually made it 25min before I needed a break! It may sound silly, but I think it was the steak I had last night. 4oz of local organic beef; I didn't feel tired or sluggish or anything. I don't think I'm getting in enough protein. I mean, according to mfp, I am but I'm wanting like double what it's recommendations say. I'm trying. I just don't know much about cooking meat, but that was special. No steak tonight so we'll see what happens tomorrow, lol.
  • currlee
    Options
    Just finished Plyo Cardio Circuit. I think its the hardest one so far! I can't help but laugh when doing the jumping jacks the 2nd or 3rd time around. Shaun says "Ready? Jack it out! We start to jack a little faster now!" That whole workout is bananas! And sooo long!

Now I'll probably be laughing everytime....lol. These workouts are short compared to month two....just wait ;)
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Is it just me, or does anyone else stuggle with the co-ordination of some of the moves? Things like Power Strike where you have to punch and tap your leg in and out at the same time, I just can't get the rhythm at all. Same goes for Moving Push Ups - I just end up doing normal push ups
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just completed Day 58
    Insanity - Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs :drinker:
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    Day 46 Max Recovery - done!

Damn, I'm good!
  • kellegg22
    kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    been getting discouraged lately :(
    I have one week left of month one (because I missed a few days and I don't feel like I made the committment because of the few days I've missed, so I'm doing one more week)
    Anyone have pictures of their results so far? I would love to get that motivation back!
  • koolaidman67
    Options
    Pure cardio & cardio abs done. Only one more workout left in month one for me!!
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Doubled up a bit today, since I missed the past 2 days. I did Cardio Recovery and Cardio Abs back to back. Only burned about 189 calories according to my HRM, but I know my thighs and abs are very thoroughly worked out for the evening
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    just did day 3! again, I didn't find it too hard, just the pushups, which I can't do at all. I much prefer it to JM shred, I think cause he is more motivating, and I like that it includes alot of stretching.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Day 59/63 - Max Interval Circuit. My Digi-walker recorded 1,047 calories and with my effort this morning, I'm believing it baby. I just hope I'm eating enough!! I should be pleased it's Max Recovery tomorrow so a break from the craziness but it's still Max Recovery lol. Anyway, almost at the end.
  • currlee
    Options
    Is it just me, or does anyone else stuggle with the co-ordination of some of the moves? Things like Power Strike where you have to punch and tap your leg in and out at the same time, I just can't get the rhythm at all. Same goes for Moving Push Ups - I just end up doing normal push ups

I know I look crazy doing the Power Strike...I'm beat at that point and it takes all my mental concentration to get them moving right, lol.
    Helloooo Round Two/Week Two. Today was Cardio Power & Resistance. Made sure I made it thru the whole warmup with no breaks even though my uber flat feet were on fire; was ready to carry that into the workout...until the first move was Power Jumps! I made it thru the first round with no breaks, but after that..psshh! lol But I'm stronger than I was in Round One and doing what I can. My calves and that spot between my shoulder blades(but a bit higher) are super sore. Hoping I'll have it in me to do Pure Cardio in a few hours. I can't decide if it'll give me energy to help stay up til tomorrow night or if it will knock me out in an embarrassing place, lol.
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    that spot between my shoulder blades(but a bit higher) are super sore.

In a way I am glad to hear this. Not that you are in pain, obviously, but that having pain here is normal. Last week I had really bad pain there and, as blokes do, I was fearing the worst!. Its gone now though so hopefully yours will pass in a day or two as well.
  • currlee
    Options
    lol thanks ;) It will probably stay tight til I get a massage. That's how it was last time. In month one, my calves and that shoulder area were the most sore. In month two, my butt was, lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    has anyone else experienced a slump midway through month 2?

i LOVED month 1, and after starting month 2 and getting used to the new moves, i thought i was doing well... but then i just hit a brick wall and was exhausted and had no motivation to workout. i have had a couple of days rest, and a day of eating the whole world and i feel back to normal, but i just wondered if anyone else had experienced this half way through month 2?

i'm not giving up, i only have 11 workouts left to finish the programme so i am back at it today, but i am just a bit disappointed in myself!
  • Thinspirational_Me
    Options
    For me its been the opposite. I'm experiecing a major boost in month 2, possibly because I'm seeing actual results more that I was in Month 1. As you say, 11 workouts to go so maybe a touch of boredom setting in? Think of it this way - 11 more workouts and you'll be able to step back and say "I did it! I have completed Insanity. It didn't beat me". And you can send off for the T-shirt.

No matter how tough it gets, or how tired or demotivated I might be, I'm doing it. All of it. Right to the very last "Peace out"
  • centarix
    centarix Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cardio Recovery today. I might throw in some weight training for good measure :-)