Impressive Gaming Feats

Options
soldier4242
soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
I have always been impressed by the great gamers. I have on occasion been able to count myself among them. For example the other team had better hope I never get to be a Boomer in L4D2 because I am great at getting 3 or 4 people covered in vomit. I was able to beat Super Mario World in less than 12 minutes. My legend of zelda skills were insane in pretty much every version of the game except i haven't played the one on the wii.

That is enough about me though. I am interested in what you all have accomplished. Old or new no matter the game who are the best of the best? If you are able to go full clear on heroic mode in WoW let us know your screen name. If you happen to a master with Fiddlesticks or any other champion I would like to hear about. If you happen to have link a youtube video or something like that showcasing your skills post it up and I'll watch it. I am sure I am not the only gamer who enjoys seeing the best of the best demonstrate their skills. Lets see what you have.

Replies

• EMJenkinson
    EMJenkinson Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What if we were blown up by a bomb-omb after coming in 4th place on Mario Kart? :p Other than that, I'm pro at downing the elevator boss... //hides.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    My favorite game of all time is probably The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I played that game so much growing up, I knew it inside and out. I was as efficient as it was possible to get at doing everything on that game, from the puzzles to the small things like hit box availability on the bad guys (knew exactly how often to slash the sword to get the most amount of hits in the shortest amount of time). For example, when facing Gannondorf, after you shoot him with a light arrow, it's not best to mash the sword button. If you slash with just the right timing you can get five hits in, instead of four, before he gets back up, which means that you can kill him with 2 light arrows with the Biggoron sword instead of 3 :)

I had a couple of save files where I did everything there was to do on that game -- all the hearts, all the golden skulltulas, etc.

The only thing I was never able to do on that game was get a perfect score on horseback archery. I got close, only missed 1 target several times, but never got it 100%.

Ummm...what else. I was very good at speed runs for Super Mario Brothers 1 and 3. I could beat most people at Tecmo Super Bowl.

That's about it, I think. Most of the games that I started playing after that were so long that it was hard to play them enough times to get really, truly good at them. And now that I'm "all grown up" and have a family and such, I don't have time to get as intimately acquainted with games anymore -- it's pretty much play them once through, beat them, and move on to the next one.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    tl;dr -- Zelda 64 and SMB 1 and 3, that's about it. Not enough time to get so good at games any more.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I can beat contra and super contra without dying.
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    Once upon a time, I whupped butt in Call of Duty 2 because I taught kids how to make games on the computer at a camp and we would play Call of Duty on our breaks. So that was an hour of Call of Duty 2 every day for a whole summer. I started out terrible, but by the end of the summer, I got very good.

But I haven't played a game that involved other people in years, except for Left 4 Dead 2.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    My uncanny ability to jump and squeal like a little girl whenever Jason pops out while playing Friday the 13th on the NES is unmatched.
  • jerknoir
    jerknoir Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Beating Mass Effect 2 on Insanity mode was pretty rad. My Mario Kart skills are unmatched though.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Inb4 taunto's arena ratings.
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    Beating Mass Effect 2 on Insanity mode was pretty rad. My Mario Kart skills are unmatched though.

Wow. I'm just not that cool. I play the ME games on the easiest levels so I can romance Garrus faster. Rofl.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Skyrim, managed to get a mudcrab to kill an Ancient Dragon.

Don't ask how.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I went 36 and 0 on a decent Counter-Strike server after a bot headshot practice where I would try to headshot 10 bots as fast as possible. I also killed an entire team of 9 guys by myself after my team had died and they were swarming en masse. I think they were in the mode of "we can't possibly lose this round" so they were easy targets. This was back in 2001, 2002?

I have CSGO but I just don't have the aim I used to. Maybe it was the 20 hours a week minimum I put into the game back then.
  • hersheythecat
    hersheythecat Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's cheesy but it's my whoo hoo moment... I took down a MoP rare essentially alone after the DK tank I had with me died almost immediately and kept dying. Doesn't seem like much but for a Mage who doesn't dungeon or raid anymore, I was QUITE proud of myself. :)
  • soldier4242
    Options

This is a short post but omg is it saying a lot. Any retro gamer out there can vouch for this. Contra is one of those games made by people who wanted to punish their fellow gamers. The screen will be flooded with bullets at times and if anything ever touches you even one you are dead. Contra is a harsh and unforgiving game and being able to make it through without dying is crazy.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Skyrim, managed to get a mudcrab to kill an Ancient Dragon.

Don't ask how.

I know you say don't ask how but I have got to know. If you don't want to post your secret on an open forum please sent me a private message.
  • soldier4242
    Options

I know people who play Mass Effect 2 on insanity but nobody does it with the intent of actually beating the game. I got good enough to play mario cart with my kids and I beat them constantly but other than that I don't play it much.
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options

I agree this feat is huuuuge! one night when I was really loaded I got all the way to the last level without dying I had like 30 lives or so saved up but then died every single one of them.... someone walked in and jinxed me ill never forget/totally remember that night
  • soldier4242
    Options

I agree this feat is huuuuge! one night when I was really loaded I got all the way to the last level without dying I had like 30 lives or so saved up but then died every single one of them.... someone walked in and jinxed me ill never forget/totally remember that night

Once you die that first time and your gun goes back to pea shooter mode you might not even be able to recover. Some of the enemies in the late game just take too much punishment to kill.

Legendary Wings has some of the same issue.
  • UnstableMongoose
    UnstableMongoose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got the Bioshock Brass Balls achievement (beat the game on Hard with no deaths). I have never been so terrified of Big Daddies as I was during that run. My proudest gaming moment thus far.
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options

This is a short post but omg is it saying a lot. Any retro gamer out there can vouch for this. Contra is one of those games made by people who wanted to punish their fellow gamers. The screen will be flooded with bullets at times and if anything ever touches you even one you are dead. Contra is a harsh and unforgiving game and being able to make it through without dying is crazy.

Haha, yes, this! I used to play Contra all the time and got really good at it, although never good enough to get through the game without dying. I turned on my old NES the other day and played. Boy, it certainly wasn't as much fun as it used to be when you die all the time.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I could get ET out of the hole in the Atari 2600 version.