Day 3 - 30 Day Abs Of Steel Challenge

Options
messy_Missy16
messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
Hey guys!!! It's day 3 of the 30 Day Abs Of Steel Challenge.

Please warm up before performing any exercise (Jog or do some vinyasa rotations) & always remember to cool down/ stretch after every routine.

The exercises today are: Russian Twist, Roll up, Bicycle crunch, low plank, flutter kicks

Russian Twist[Use of the medicine ball is optional ] Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeAtimSCxsY
20pcyu1.jpg

Roll Up Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVwR5uEOYA0
2qdts83.jpg

Bicycle Crunch. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlcQQdYSJgY
2602v46.jpg

Low Plank. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJH-070x8G0
2lm05sl.png

Flutter Kicks [The higher the kick, the more you work your abs] Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcXBNRua2eo
s4qd1f.jpg

Remember it's 20 of each to give a total of 100. Then the circuit is repeated twice again to give a total of 300.

Try to take 5-10 second breaks only after each set of 20 is done.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Replies

• BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Now that was quite an abs workout! All 300 done, although there was a long break after the first 200! My 6 yo daughter has now done 600. She's really getting into it, and can't understand why mummy has tummy ache now!
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't have a medicine ball for the Russian twists, so I think I'll replace them with inclined twists on my utility bench (Lean back 45 degrees and twist with my hands behind my head.). I believe it works the same muscles. Good luck with the challenge today everyone!
  • BeccaBollons
    Options
    I don't have a medicine ball either, but I just used a bottle of water, and held it lengthways using 2 hands. A good tutorial on youtube someone was using a tiny dumbell, so I figured the right action was more important than the weight!
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to doing these durring my lunch break.. I really hope my abs look awesome in 30 days :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    For the low plank, how do we count? I'm hoping it's not 20 one min planks. :noway: :laugh:
  • BeccaBollons
    Options
    For the low plank, how do we count? I'm hoping it's not 20 one min planks. :noway: :laugh:

Flippin heck! I hope not! I just did 20 seconds!
  • sawiemken
    sawiemken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did the other ones for today I felt sick to my stomach for like 2 hours after I did them. I was wondering if that is normal when you go from no ab workouts to 300?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Done! I did 20 second planks, and reps of 20 for the others. I don't have a medicine ball so I held the little 7 lb kettlebell I keep in my office for the twists.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong in thinking there is a Turbo Fire ab workout on tonights schedule.
  • ScullyKel
    ScullyKel Posts: 69
    Options
    All Done here! I held the planks for 20 seconds each set. Very good workout!
  • messy_Missy16
    messy_Missy16 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Medicine ball and weights are optional, it's the motion that counts. You don't need them, only if you want more of a challenge.

As for the plank, it's 20 seconds to start off with. Everyday i'll increase the time as the challenge continues.

It will hurt/ burn at first, which may make you feel a bit uncomfortable but it isn't supposed to make you feel sick unless you ate soon or right before your workout. Try to avoid eating less than 2 - 3 hours before your workout.

Consuming too much water before & during workout makes me sick as well. Try sipping water during your workout.
    Another reason may be that you didn't have enough fuel to workout. So avoid pre breakfast workouts.

And the last thing that i can think of is motion sickness, from looking all over while doing abs.
    when doing abs, lock your eyes on a fixed point on the ceiling of your workout area. You will no longer feel sick by doing this as long as you are properly fuelled.

Hope this helps. :smile:
  • aliciadalicia
    aliciadalicia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I did the other ones for today I felt sick to my stomach for like 2 hours after I did them. I was wondering if that is normal when you go from no ab workouts to 300?

Ya!!! I was going to ask that. I haven't actually started with the 300. With the squats we went from 50 and increased.

I wish we were doing that with this too, because.... some of us haven't done any crunches in months.... also, from reading around on the internet...it looks like a lot of people get 3-4 days in and quit! :o So, that is not encouraging. I don't want to be so sore that I give up all together, so I might do 100 the first week or two. I have done 100 two nights. Simple crunches of course are easier than situps (so maybe I could go longer with crunches)...and I haven't tried these different exercises yet... so I will have to see tonight!!

Good luck, everyone! Also, listen to your body! It might be too much too fast for you!...or you might surprise yourself!
  • aliciadalicia
    aliciadalicia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good advice! :)
    Medicine ball and weights are optional, it's the motion that counts. You don't need them, only if you want more of a challenge.

As for the plank, it's 20 seconds to start off with. Everyday i'll increase the time as the challenge continues.

It will hurt/ burn at first, which may make you feel a bit uncomfortable but it isn't supposed to make you feel sick unless you ate soon or right before your workout. Try to avoid eating less than 2 - 3 hours before your workout.

Consuming too much water before & during workout makes me sick as well. Try sipping water during your workout.
    Another reason may be that you didn't have enough fuel to workout. So avoid pre breakfast workouts.

And the last thing that i can think of is motion sickness, from looking all over while doing abs.
    when doing abs, lock your eyes on a fixed point on the ceiling of your workout area. You will no longer feel sick by doing this as long as you are properly fuelled.

• sawiemken
    Options

Thanks I didn't think of the motion sickness and I expect sore but I think it is the motion thing, It's got that feel to it. I will try to eat an apple before to see if that will help too I did it all on an empty stomach the day one stuff I did on a full belly and that didn't work well. :sick:

I'm NOT giving up I committed to this and I might not like it but I'll do it till the end.
  • canadian_bacon
    Options
    Wasn't sure at first if I could do it but I did. Done!
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    All done except the plank - arm still in brace.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    All done.. and boy chould I feel the burn.. I felt like my abs where going to pop right out of my stomach.. pull up my shirt to take a look... no luck.. still flab..lol
  • RayR13
    RayR13 Posts: 31
    Options
    holy working the abs batman!!! but done!!
  • sawiemken
    Options
    Is anyone logging the exercise in MFP and if so I'm not finding most of them and even when I do it doesn't give me any calories burned and burn I can feel when I was done and well all day so far, deep breathing causes burn right now. :ohwell:
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    definitely an abs burner! but its done and done!!

sawiemken: i wore my heart rate mdo determine the number of calories i burnt
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Is it ok if I start here as my first day ?