Any "Old School" gamers out there?

Options
12346»

Replies

• soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Ok so the Dorritans are in a stand off with the Cheetosian army at the Funyun Bridge. You know that they don't stand a chance if it goes to blood shed but the Dorritan's ambassador Mr. Pibb has just been killed by the ruthless assassin Fritos. If the day is lost then there is nothing that stands between the Cheetosian army the peaceful village of Reeses. What do you do?
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    Ok so the Dorritans are in a stand off with the Cheetosian army at the Funyun Bridge. You know that they don't stand a chance if it goes to blood shed but the Dorritan's ambassador Mr. Pibb has just been killed by the ruthless assassin Fritos. If the day is lost then there is nothing that stands between the Cheetosian army the peaceful village of Reeses. What do you do?

I think i'm hungry...

Loudous Grumblous Stomachous, Greek God of Hunger...
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Well my June game is definitely canceled. That blows but there is just now way around it. I hope all of you have been able to keep your schedules working for you.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    We played Palladium (ah, my shape shifter elementalist) and Shadow Run......good times.

Vodka and Haiwiian Punch fueled nights with greasy pizza and doritos.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Are you guys on the magical side or the technology side?
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    We played on the tech side...

Haven't played in a very long time.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Shadow run is a fantastic game setting for a good Game master to work with because it has so much versatility. You have access to both magic and technology and the group can really drive the story with their decisions so easily.

If you don't mind give us a summary of the game that you are in.
    Options
    Love me some Shadowrun. 5th edition pre-lease coming soon...
  • soldier4242
    Options
    I never hop on to a new edition right off the bat. I always let other people try it first. Let us not forget the nightmare that was D&D 4th edition.
    Options
    I never hop on to a new edition right off the bat. I always let other people try it first. Let us not forget the nightmare that was D&D 4th edition.

Oh, i am very familiar with the debacle that was 4.0. But at the same time, the people who write SR books don't shyt them out once a month like they do for DnD books. Nevertheless, i will NOT be running out to get this book on release day for the very reason you stated.
    However, from what i can tell, 5th edition is basically one big Errata for 4th to clear up confusing rules, simplify and streamline The Matrix and Hacking ( or getting back to calling it Decking ). I'm sure there's more to it than that, but you get the idea.
    Time will tell i suppose...
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Time always does. The only thing that we can do is hope for the best.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    I will be running a game session the day after tomorrow. I am very excited since we did not get a game off the ground in June.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    There are more table top gamers in the group now so I am bumping this as a way of making it easier for them to find us.
  • BlessedBe23
    BlessedBe23 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Gamer girl here! I have been gaming with the same group (give or take a couple of members) since I first started gaming at the age of 19 (it's been 21 years, you do the math).

We mostly play fantasy campaigns, but we have lots of folks who are into White Wolf as well. We're in Atlanta and some of my friends did play testing for Werewolf, Vampire, etx.

We have had many many different kinds of games over the years, D&D, AD&D, GURPS (which we mostly use now), WW stuff (Mage is my fav), Torg, all kinds of stuff.

We have some classic stereotypes in our group: one friend who is a rules lawyer, one guy who won't play unless he can be party leader, one guy who could care less about rules and is all about cinemagraphics (he runs most of the WW stuff).

We're currently playing a weird GURPS fantasy/hi tech hybrid game. I'm playing a former street urchin thief who is a really powerful mage. Every other Saturday at my house. The guys aren't digging the new health concious food offerings and of course we still have pretzel rods at every game.

I would totally be down with a MFP campaign!
  • soldier4242
    Options
    I love White Wolf but it really does require the group to be storyline driven. I love all the different directions I can take the game when I am running it and I love the level of immersion I can reach when I play it.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I got the hankerin' to play the old DOS game One Must Fall 2097 yesterday. I ended up playing it for maybe 10 hours straight and missed my workout. However my bodymedia tracked me burning 3100 calories yesterday. Old school DOS is the new cardio?